Princess Cruises introduces all-inclusive Premier Package

dides

On 5/13/2022 at 5:34 PM, cruzin4us said:

I wish they'd just get enough staff to open all the restaurants, fix the plumbing, fix the generators, fix the App, fix the hot tubs, fix the elevators, fix the wait time on the phone, fix the safes, fix the AC, fix the TV's, fix the dining room fiascos, bring back TD.    Did I miss anything?

Bring back the pillow chocolates for my hubby.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet - apologies if it has. It lists some of the specific inclusions for the upgraded drink package (none of which would appeal to me anyway)!

PC_BeveragePackage2022_Flyer_2022_0510.FINAL.pdf 698.04 kB · 31 downloads

The drinks pictured on the premier side are all from Good Spirits (I’ve earned my shirt). This would perhaps suggest that GS will no longer be included in Princess plus.  

1 minute ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

The drinks pictured on the premier side are all from Good Spirits (I’ve earned my shirt). This would perhaps suggest that GS will no longer be included in Princess plus.  

What was the pricing for those drinks when you were at GS? $12 or less?

5 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Yes they were all included. 

So that they are now in the Premier package means the prices did increase even though during the webinar they said no individual drink price increases were currently anticipated.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, caribill said:

So that they are now in the Premier package means the prices did increase even though during the webinar they said no individual drink price increases were currently anticipated.

Well I don’t know that. It might perhaps suggest this.   For all we know it’s just some ad person using some pictures of pretty drinks for a flyer. All I know is that those pictures are the craft cocktails from GS. GS rolled out a new menu when I was on the discovery first week of April.  It had some of the original drinks and new ones. I posted the menus to the April 7 live from. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, caribill said:

I don't think it means that for sure. At least there's no evidence of that as far as I can tell. The flyer specifically says that NEW high-end crafted cocktails will be included in the Premier package. And that the Plus package will still include crafted Rob Floyd cocktails. If they're new there may not be photos of them yet so what @HaveDogWillTravelsaid is certainly possible. I would say even likely. I know Princess has made some unpopular changes in the last few months but that doesn't mean they are purposely trying to screw people over with this new tier. They would have to be really out of touch to think it was a good idea to drastically reduce the value of the beverage package that is included with the Plus fare that they say 50% of passengers opt for. Of course, I realize they certainly COULD be doing this. I just don't think it's likely. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

his is creating temporary confusion because the new program is not yet live and Princess did not immediately rename the old PREMIER package to PLUS, but we can expect this change to work its way through the System.

Just yet another another cart before the horse at Princess.

11 hours ago, caribill said:

No. The last point was saying that about 100 TAs who had booked cruises for themselves with the current package would get the free upgrade. It did not apply toiany of their customers.

Thanks 

6 hours ago, caribill said:

What was the pricing for those drinks when you were at GS? $12 or less?

They were all priced at exactly $12 on my February cruise.  These are the drinks I figured were most likely to become premier drinks (along with some wines).  They also happen to be my favorite drinks.

I have a June 18 and a June 25 B2B cruise.  I guess that is when I will find out if they make any immediate changes to pricing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

Most expensive beer is the Fosters oil can and it’s only $10. 

the "new Premier" doesn't make any mention of new beers - at least that I could see in the .pdf file referenced above

• Like 1

13 hours ago, abqmommyof4 said:

will  the photo package be available to buy  separately?  DH and I don't drink a lot of the high priced  drinks, and really are only interested in the unlimited photos

Check carefully what you get with the "unlimited" photos.  You only get 3 prints, the rest of the unlimited photos are digital.  We got the digital photos with our Renewal of Vows package and the digital photos were in a video slide show.  None of the photos could be viewed separately or copied or printed at home.

• Thanks 3

Any drink can be made at different levels depending on the brand you ask it to be made from. I have my manhattan’s made with Buffalo Trace  and it fits in the $12 plan. If I asked for a more expensive bourbon it would not. 

16 hours ago, Trabadeer said:

I just made final payment on my August 22 European cruise. My receipt lists a "premier beverage package" for each guest, (booked through crown cruise) so is this the higher level drink package then? 

Don't think so.  We have it listed as such too....we know we didn't pay for the new package coming on 5/25. We paid for the Plus package when booked.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

So per the last bullet point those who booked with these TAs get upgraded to the Premier package automatically, while those who booked with Princess direct will not??  So wrong!!

Where did you see that?

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Check carefully what you get with the "unlimited" photos.  You only get 3 prints, the rest of the unlimited photos are digital.  We got the digital photos with our Renewal of Vows package and the digital photos were in a video slide show.  None of the photos could be viewed separately or copied or printed at home.

Site Unavailable | Shell game, Funny gif, Funny pictures

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

So per the last bullet point those who booked with these TAs get upgraded to the Premier package automatically, while those who booked with Princess direct will not??  So wrong!!

Read it again. It's only the TAs who booked at TA rates are getting upgraded, not those who booked with them.

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Ohhhh - that's like what they do with the Platinum Studio digital files. Same thing, a low-res slide show. Very misleading.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prmssk said:

They were all priced at exactly $12 on my February cruise.  These are the drinks I figured were most likely to become premier drinks (along with some wines).  They also happen to be my favorite drinks.

I have a June 18 and a June 25 B2B cruise.  I guess that is when I will find out if they make any immediate changes to pricing.

Please post what you find out then.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, caribill said:

Please post what you find out then.

We'll all be carefully following the cruises that leave on or shortly after June 25th I think.  🙂 I cruise this coming Saturday but then not again until September so I'll be very interested to see what actually ends up happening. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Read it again. It's only the TAs who booked at TA rates are getting upgraded, not those who booked with them.

But think how much goodwill Princess would generate if they had said any customer who booked the PlusPackage (with the currently named"premier beverage package") by May 24 would get an automatic upgrade to the new "premier beverage package."

The actual cost to Princess for this would likely be relatively small since any repricing of bookings after that date would result in a loss of this free upgrade and thus discourage repricing to get a lower cruise fare.

Instead, many people will be surprised (and thus upset at Princess) when they find the beverages they expected to be included in their PrincessPlus package are now extra cost.

Wait until early July to start seeing a thread about this by unhappy passengers..

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, caribill said:

Instead, many people will be surprised (and thus upset at Princess) when they find the beverages they expected to be included in their PrincessPlus package are now extra cost

I'm getting confused- no surprise !

What drinks that are currently available with PP will no longer be available ? 

• Like 1