Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

I daren't log out, this thread is THE place to be, hehehe. Thanks again Irene for caring enough about the rest of us to keep informing us, and for building our excitement in the process šŸ˜· šŸ¤—

Sadly IĀ  won't be able to meet any of you, our cruise is 22 July and I've lurked on this site hungry for info. Thanks again everyone and Irene. Keep the updates coming šŸ’•

Make sure you follow the live 16 June topic too as Iā€™ll be continually updating that and hopefully others will add, as we find out info etc rather than trying to answer stuff in all the different topics.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Are you going to pay and schedule in for one of those Traveller PCR Tests (approx $150pp)? Or do you have somewhere nearby you that allows for free walk-in no symptoms PCR tests?

We can go to our local hospital and get a free PCR test.Ā  They send you the results via text message within 24 hours.Ā  I certainly wouldn't be paying $150 for one šŸ˜®

Ā 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jean C said:

Histopath at Bris international Airport do them while you wait, for a fee (traveller's test). Why get a PCR when all that's required is a cheaper and quicker RAT, bearing in mind you can also do your own self test?

You don't need to get a PCR.Ā  I am just saying that I think that is what I will do for my family because, it's free where I am and no waiting or referral to get one.Ā  (RATS cost us money), and I can do a PCR up to 72 hours out from the cruise.Ā  None of this worry about having nothing to upload outside of 24 hours.Ā  Just seems easier for us.Ā  But if you have a RAT test or that is what you prefer then that is the way to go.Ā Ā 

• Like 2

Just now, pryce_tag said:

You don't need to get a PCR.Ā  I am just saying that I think that is what I will do for my family because, it's free where I am and no waiting or referral to get one.Ā  (RATS cost us money), and I can do a PCR up to 72 hours out from the cruise.Ā  None of this worry about having nothing to upload outside of 24 hours.Ā  Just seems easier for us.Ā  But if you have a RAT test or that is what you prefer then that is the way to go.Ā Ā 

Iā€™m presuming by 11.30 boarding tomorrow I can PutĀ everyoneā€™s mind at ease and let you know what happens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Iā€™m presuming by 11.30 boarding tomorrow I can PutĀ everyoneā€™s mind at ease and let you know what happens.

yes I think you are fantastic getting all this info for everyone.Ā  I hate having to do things last minute.Ā  Really goes against everything I am - that is an organiser hahaha.Ā  I just like to be prepared.

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, pryce_tag said:

yes I think you are fantastic getting all this info for everyone.Ā  I hate having to do things last minute.Ā  Really goes against everything I am - that is an organiser hahaha.Ā  I just like to be prepared.

Ā 

I like to be orgsnised too šŸ„°

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pryce_tag said:

Fair enough and you will be doing the gold standard test šŸ™‚ I am fortunate to have free RAT tests so no cost for me šŸ’°

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jean C said:

Fair enough and you will be doing the gold standard test šŸ™‚ I am fortunate to have free RAT tests so no cost for me šŸ’°

Rats are free in Oz if you are on aged pension, disability pension etc or have a Commonwealth seniors health care card, you are means tested for these. Like i am 74, but because i am a self funded retiree on a defined benefit pension, which i paid for and with no dependents now, i am not eligble for the concession cards for free RATs or cheap stay alive šŸ’Š. In fact after paying taxes for 40 odd years, i get zilch from govt. Ā All wrong. I know in nz everyone of retirement age is entitled to an aged pension, like uk, not means tested.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Rats are free in Oz if you are on aged pension, disability pension etc or have a Commonwealth seniors health care card, you are means tested for these. Like i am 74, but because i am a self funded retiree on a defined benefit pension, which i paid for and with no dependents now, i am not eligble for the concession cards for free RATs or cheap stay alive šŸ’Š. In fact after paying taxes for 40 odd years, i get zilch from govt. Ā All wrong. I know in nz everyone of retirement age is entitled to an aged pension, like uk, not means tested.

Also if you had any kids in a NSW school, you would have 20+ leftover from the big handouts.

Ā 

For me to get a free PCR, I need to have symptoms. If I had symptoms within 3 days of cruising, I would be disqualifying myself from cruising according to the pre-boarding health survey.

• Like 4

Aaw, shame, it doesn't seem fair for you. To be honest, RAT aren't automatically free here, just if you have symptoms. My daughter has 4 kids so whenever she requested RAT when one or another had symptoms they would ask how many people in the family and automatically dispense 6 boxes. So she was able to spare a box for me šŸ™‚

3 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Aaw, shame, it doesn't seem fair for you. To be honest, RAT aren't automatically free here, just if you have symptoms. My daughter has 4 kids so whenever she requested RAT when one or another had symptoms they would ask how many people in the family and automatically dispense 6 boxes. So she was able to spare a box for me šŸ™‚

Can i emigrate to nz, lol.

No free RATS here for us.Ā  We are a family of four, hard working and get zilch from the govt.Ā  I am a nurse and my hubby is a paramedic.Ā  We have been worked to the bone and got nothing back.Ā  In fact when covid first started my hubby came in contact with covid through his job because a patient lied about his symptoms and where he had been (he lied and crossed the border when they were closed) and he had covid.Ā  So my hubby and all of us and his partner and all her family were stood down for 14 days.Ā  He received the base pay without any penalties as he would have earnt during that 14 day period and I had no pay as I am casual and my son had no pay from his job.Ā  Did we get any compensation for that ?Ā  Nope.Ā  Can you tell I am still bitter about this?Ā  hehehe.

Ā 

Anyways the point is that I feel your pain NSWP as the system is broken and those that work hard don't get anything out of it except job satisfaction I suppose.Ā  Never ever had a hand out and worked since I was 15.Ā  I don't think I will even be able to retire as they keep upping the retirement age.

Ā 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, pryce_tag said:

No free RATS here for us.Ā  We are a family of four, hard working and get zilch from the govt.Ā  I am a nurse and my hubby is a paramedic.Ā  We have been worked to the bone and got nothing back.Ā  In fact when covid first started my hubby came in contact with covid through his job because a patient lied about his symptoms and where he had been (he lied and crossed the border when they were closed) and he had covid.Ā  So my hubby and all of us and his partner and all her family were stood down for 14 days.Ā  He received the base pay without any penalties as he would have earnt during that 14 day period and I had no pay as I am casual and my son had no pay from his job.Ā  Did we get any compensation for that ?Ā  Nope.Ā  Can you tell I am still bitter about this?Ā  hehehe.

Ā 

Anyways the point is that I feel your pain NSWP as the system is broken and those that work hard don't get anything out of it except job satisfaction I suppose.Ā  Never ever had a hand out and worked since I was 15.Ā  I don't think I will even be able to retire as they keep upping the retirement age.

Ā 

Well said, good post. You and your hubby are in the front line, like I was for 36 yrs in thešŸ‘®ā€ā™‚ļøĀ and get zilch from the Govt. Unlike the ex navy, army, airforce most of whom were not in the front line, never faced an angry man, but in retirement they get these gold vet affairs cards for everything under the sun. Ā Not right.

Ā 

Anyway, you guys, nurses, paramedics are the salt of the earth, keep up your great work.
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Well said, good post. You and your hubby are in the front line, like I was for 36 yrs in thešŸ‘®ā€ā™‚ļøĀ and get zilch from the Govt. Unlike the ex navy, army, airforce most of whom were not in the front line, never faced an angry man, but in retirement they get these gold vet affairs cards for everything under the sun. Ā Not right.

Ā 

Anyway, you guys, nurses, paramedics are the salt of the earth, keep up your great work.
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Awww thanks.Ā  I am in awe of you guys (the police).Ā  My dad was in the force his whole life and my brother is still in.Ā  You have it tough.Ā  Hats off to you guys too.Ā  Totally unrecognised for what you have to put up with.Ā Ā 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pryce_tag said:

Awww thanks.Ā  I am in awe of you guys (the police).Ā  My dad was in the force his whole life and my brother is still in.Ā  You have it tough.Ā  Hats off to you guys too.Ā  Totally unrecognised for what you have to put up with.Ā Ā 

Like what I had to put with from 1967 to 2003. But one never forgets what one has seen and done as you would know, we see things no man or woman should see.

Ā 

Like my neighbours and family say, but 'Les you get a good pension from your service in the force.'Ā  Sure I do, but I paid into the scheme for 36 years and it was compulsory to be in it from day 1.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, pryce_tag said:

Ā 

Ā 

So unfair. Hope the system changes. šŸ˜©šŸ™šŸ»

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, quarterdeckhand said:

Hi all, it''s time to print bag tags. Where are they now? I can't find any information on where they are to print, clearly it's been too long between cruises! Safe travels for those onboard today!Ā 

Ā 

They are not in the app, they are in the Cruise Personalizer.Ā 
Once you log in they are at the very top - Luggage Tag and Travel Summary.

Edited by CDaze71
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, NSWP said:

I did 20 years in RAAF and RAN - no "Gold card" for me!!!!! šŸ˜žĀ I am not a so-called "Veteran"Ā 

7 hours ago, sj_cavy said:

We waved as Coral Princess and Cbtours as they went past Kings Beach tonight.
Ā 

Photo credit to hubby.Ā 

ED2D4522-9440-4C55-A8CA-ECEF614D533D.jpeg

Plainly obvious where all of our missing QLD electricity is going to!!! šŸ™‚

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

I did 20 years in RAAF and RAN - no "Gold card" for me!!!!! šŸ˜žĀ I am not a so-called "Veteran"Ā 

Why have you not got a Gold Card Barry ? They give them away like lollies.