Is there an advantage of booking a back to back vs one longer cruise when you have both options?

kywildcatfanone

8 hours ago, Yehootu said:

You would get $100 per 7 day cruise from stock or $250 for the 20 day cruise.

20 minutes ago, sirclean said:

I dont remember about the shareholder benefit (whether I got $250 once, or $100 twice).   It has been a few years since then.

As Yehootu wrote it’s based on how it is booked.

Two cruises booked as one “Grand Adventure” has resulted in two cruise credits for quite a few years now. We did a N and S bound Alaska cruise in 2013 that was booked as one 14 day cruise. We had 10 in our group. E Ernie who needed one more cruise to attain the next level got new cards with new level after first 7 days and received two cruise credits at the end. Those of us who didn’t change levels during the two cruises only received one credit. I finally called a couple months later to ask about it and was told they were just changing to make it automatic. The rep looked at our accounts, added a 0 day cruise to get an extra cruise credit and looked back several years to find another situation and added 0 day cruises for them as well, I was impressed.

Since then all similar cruises have automatically become 2 cruise credits in a single entry in our cruise history. Also we have always received the second minibar automatically at the start of the second cruise. As for 4 versus 2 credits for single cruisers I can’t say for certain.

Typically when the make two cruises available as one it is just $100 or so less per person. But sometimes they put these together in the last couple of months prior to sailing to fill ships. We snagged one once that was $1 less for 14 days than the single 7 day pricing. Couldn’t say no to that!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sirclean said:

(Oh, you wont have to do the drill for the second half of the trip).

Not much of an issue anymore. "The Drill" consists of simply watching (or not watching while it plays) a video on the TV or on your personal device. After that, you show up at your muster station and scan your medallion. That's it. No crowds, no life jackets, etc.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Not much of an issue anymore. "The Drill" consists of simply watching (or not watching while it plays) a video on the TV or on your personal device. After that, you show up at your muster station and scan your medallion. That's it. No crowds, no life jackets, etc.

We usually have The Drill running on the tv, as were Unpacking.... then go to our

muster station to scan our medallion.... then go to lunch. 😋

As for lifeboat drills, we learned on our 49 day cruise around South America in 2015 which was comprised of 3 separate segments that passengers need to attend a lifeboat drill every 30 days. And that means no more than 30 days since you’ve been to one at any point in time that you are in board. Our first segment was 19 days and next was 14 days. That meant we had to attend at the beginning and again 19 days later as our last few days in the second segment would be more than 30 days after our initial drill. But then we were able to skip the one at the beginning of the third segment as second and third segments added up to 30 days. So we just squeaked under the wire!

On 5/20/2022 at 4:42 PM, skynight said:

Policy is one captain's circle credit for each leg of a voyage.* Two 7 day voyages booked a single 14 day voyage or as two separate voyages will equal the same amount of credits, 1 for each leg. If you book as a solo you should receive the 4 credits automatically. If not you will have to follow up as you are entitled to them. It always worked for us, but today Princess is broken.

* double credits for solo in a cabin or in a full suite. Triple for solo in a full suite.

Yes, mini bar is refilled on turnaround day.

The policy says that it counts cruise days as well as the number of cruises

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/cc/captains-circle-loyalty-benefits.pdf

C84EF921-3A1F-4E1F-B9D4-FD3113F026C1.jpeg

6 hours ago, Torfamm said:

The policy says that it counts cruise days as well as the number of cruises

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/cc/captains-circle-loyalty-benefits.pdf

Yep. We made Elite after 13 cruises as we had enough days at sea. A bit surprising as we did a couple of very short (4 day) cruises in order to fit them into our work schedules.

On 5/20/2022 at 11:46 AM, kywildcatfanone said:

Thanks for the replies.  Looks like it's cheaper by like $100 to book separately on the website, waiting for my TA to give me her pricing and options.

I am finding the pricing is pretty close anymore for booking two physical voyages versus one logical voyage.  If booking early enough, it is easy to find same cabin on both or all.  I prefer the flexibility to re-fare and usually the bonuses are better for separate.  Sure, the Shareholder OBC might be a bit larger, but then often getting TA group OBC, Princess perk like SD credits.  You have to look at the net bottom line.  All things more or less equal, I certainly like the separate bookings.

On 5/20/2022 at 3:49 PM, dog said:

You need to ask Captain’s Circle rep.

As information on here is not the same for everyone, as you can see.

It is supposed to be.  We are supposed to get a credit for each physical voyage.  If not posted, I'd ask for it.

Example:  When we did S.A. in 2018, I had first booked the full voyage (there were no segments).  When segments put on, my CC account info indicated 3 credits to come.  I later changed the booking to all three segments to save a bundle and of course we still got 3 credits.

Edited by Steelers36

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am finding the pricing is pretty close anymore for booking two physical voyages versus one logical voyage.  If booking early enough, it is easy to find same cabin on both or all.  I prefer the flexibility to re-fare and usually the bonuses are better for separate.  Sure, the Shareholder OBC might be a bit larger, but then often getting TA group OBC, Princess perk like SD credits.  You have to look at the net bottom line.  All things more or less equal, I certainly like the separate bookings.

Oh, and as was mentioned on Page 1 (@beg3yrs in Post 22) , it is terrific to have separate bookings and manage EZ-Air for separate outbound and return.  I had the outbound booked long before the return due to length we are away.  I have re-fared the flights several times and at different times.  When I nabbed the last fantastic deal for the outbound, the return would have cost me more if I had to re-book it at the same time. 

On 5/20/2022 at 4:25 PM, dog said:

In 2012 I stayed in a Vista suite on Dawn Princess and got 1 credit for each cruise: Sydney to Queensland to Sydney & Sydney to New Zealand to Sydney.

Should I have received 2 credits per cruise

in a Vista suite?

this is the ship we received no extras on that are listed for suites

On 5/20/2022 at 4:40 PM, beg3yrs said:

Many moons ago that was a problem. You had to call the CC people to get both credits.

So, according to #3 on chart above---I should have 2 credits for the VISTA suite?

Doesn't matter anymore now that we are elite.