Just realized I've been on CC for 20 YEARS!!!!

June Bug

I've been on lots of cruises with differing cruise lines, and have found Cruise Critic to be immensely helpful over the past 20 years, as far as info on ports, ships, reviews of travel, etc.  Just wanted to give Cruise Critic a shout out!  I've interacted with Cruise Critic members more than some relatives! 🤣  Thanks for 2 decades of helpful info!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest BasicSailor

I've been somewhere in here, to many passwords and names to remember... 

Edit, remember post count is important 😁.

Edited by BasicSailor

Just about 20 years for me too.

Made a lot of friends through this site that I cruised with and have remained friends with from the early days.

There are those that I never met in person but have enjoyed their reviews and pics of ships that I've been on or those that I might want to go on because I trust their judgement and opinion.

Thanks all!

• Like 2

Anyone who has been here a long time remember when the whole  system crashed and we had to start from zero again?  I’ve been here 20 years, but had to restart in 2004.  Lots of folks were so upset that they lost their thousands of postings.  But what can you do?  It wasn’t the end of the world..🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

You made me realize that it has been 20 years for me too! I first discovered these boards to find out info about the first cruise I ever took- The Elation in July of 2002. Since then, I I found some of the greatest tips and tricks for packing, ports, and picking a room. We have sailed with the bowling alley balconies,  the French door insides, the Vista View suites on the Spirit class ships, and am now booked for a Scenic Grand Ocean View on the Splendor this summer. The posts from this site tipped me off to these categories. I am thankful for the information learned from here and love reading about other peoples experiences on the Carnival ships!💓🛳

• Like 3

I had to look too.  I have been here for 18 years.  How time flies.

A very sincere thank you to all the long timers and others for their advice over the years.  I just hope a few of my posts have been helpful to others as well.

Dave

• Like 2

It hasn't been 20 years for me, but it has been over a decade. I have also found CC to be wonderful source of information (and sometimes entertainment). I remember that when I first joined I was overwhelmed by the size of CC and I joined a somewhat smaller community where I did more posting. I now only follow and post on CC.

• Like 2

Congrats to all the long time members!  Seasoned cruisers have made our travels a lot more enjoyable because we didn't have to spend half the cruise figuring out how things work.  

I've been a member since 2013 when we started cruising, but mainly stayed on Carnival Funville till that forum went poof.  Went to another forum, but it wasn't much fun after awhile.  This is my only "home" now and I learn something new all the time.

We have 16 cruises on 3 lines, and I still feel like a newbie at times.  I like the days when I can share a bit of knowledge in hopes of enabling a new cruise addict 😀 

• Like 3

Wow, I guess it's 21 years for me as well... Had no idea! I joined the year before the very first cruise for my son and I, on the Disney Magic in 2002. Many cruises and a million memories later, my son is grown and now I have my (newish) husband addicted as well. 😁  And I still learn new stuff from other cruisers here all the time! Thanks for being here, CC!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, skiorcruise said:

I had to look too.  I have been here for 18 years.  How time flies.

A very sincere thank you to all the long timers and others for their advice over the years.  I just hope a few of my posts have been helpful to others as well.

Dave

Ditto on the thanks and advice comment, Dave!  Almost 21 for me - can't believe it really.  Crazy!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

Anyone who has been here a long time remember when the whole  system crashed and we had to start from zero again?  I’ve been here 20 years, but had to restart in 2004.  Lots of folks were so upset that they lost their thousands of postings.  But what can you do?  It wasn’t the end of the world..🤣

I remember.

I was also mad because when I when to reregister, someone had taken my user name.

• Like 1

I joined in Feb, 2003, so my 20th year anniversary is just around the corner! Wow! That is crazy to think about! 

I'm not sure how I did cruise planning before I found this site! So many helpful tips along the years as well as plenty of entertainment! 

• Like 3

Next month will be 17 years for me. I haven't been on that many cruises but I have used CC in my preparations. I have also made some friends on here and our cruise Roll Calls and Meet & Mingles. I really enjoy reading other cruiser's opinions (it does amaze me, however, how so many people can be on the exact same cruise and have vastly differing experiences) and advice. We are not sailing until April 2023 but I am on here almost daily.

• Like 4

Guest BasicSailor
1 minute ago, we b cruzin said:

Next month will be 17 years for me. I haven't been on that many cruises but I have used CC in my preparations. I have also made some friends on here and our cruise Roll Calls and Meet & Mingles. I really enjoy reading other cruiser's opinions (it does amaze me, however, how so many people can be on the exact same cruise and have vastly differing experiences) and advice. We are not sailing until April 2023 but I am on here almost daily.

I must say you're a bit modest, looking at your post count 😉

• Administrators

This warms my heart.  I look back over these years and the realization that you all have helped newbies have the best cruise experience is so gratifying. And learned from each other. And your cruise voices were heard by the industry. 

Three cheers to the heart snd soul of Cruise Critic—you!   And thanks for your loyalty   

Laura

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I remember I joined before my first cruise. There was really nowhere else really to find information about cruising.  And you don’t know what you don’t know.  Cruise Critic was also the only place to find roll calls and chat with people going on your sailing.

Thanks for being here Cruise Critic and everyone who makes up the community.

• Like 2