The Daily for Wednesday 05/25/2022

richwmn

Today is National Missing Children’s Day, National Brown Bag It Day, and National Towel Day - in the UK

A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.--Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Meal Suggestion for today - cauliflower mac n cheese casserole
Drink of the Day - Blucumber Fizz
Wine of the Day - Pratsch 2019 Grüner Veltliner (Niederösterreich)
Destination of the Day - Oslo, Norway

Ships With Passengers

Alesund, Norway

Rotterdam   08:00 - 17:00

At Sea

Oosterdam   Destination Naples, Italy eta 05/26

Glacier Bay, Alaska

Koningsdam   07:00 - 16:00

Juneau, Alaska

Nieuw Amsterdam   10:00 - 22:00

Sitka, Baranof Island, Alaska

Eurodam   08:00 - 17:00

Skagway, Alaska

Noordam   07:00 - 21:00

Sydney NS, Nova Scotia Canada

Zaandam   08:00 - 17:00

Tunis, La Goulette, Tunisia

Nieuw Statendam   07:00 - 15:00

Vancouver, BC Canada

Zuiderdam   07:00 - 16:00

Ukrainian Refugee Housing

Rotterdam Waalhaven

Volendam  

Ships Without Passengers

At Sea

Westerdam   Destination Portland, OR eta 5/27

0525World.thumb.png.0267a9b5c241b2b9776c90bf472ea07c.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 10

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich. I am leaving now for my grand nephew’s 8th grade graduation. A bit more somber of a ceremony after yesterdays horrific events in Uvalde. Prayers for those innocent souls.

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Stay well everyone!

Pratsch 2019 Grüner Veltliner (Niederösterreich)
Today’s wine sounds lovely & refreshing. It has an excellent rating. And is reasonably available & priced. Several online distributors with prices starting at $12.50.

Winemaker Notes

On the nose, this wine is fruit forward with a touch of apple, peach and apricot with a slight spice. Fresh and tangy, fine spices, white pepper and round body.

Vegan

Critical Acclaim

WE90
Wine Enthusiast

Ripe pear on the nose comes with touches of honey and yeast. The palate is easy, dry, vivid and savory, with lifted notions of pear and lemon. The finish is vivid and fresh. Best Buys

• Like 24
  • Thanks 9

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.  Happy Hump Day!

Interesting days.  So sad there are so many missing children.  When I was a working person, I usually brown bagged it.  Love Towel Day - love Douglas Adams. 

Love the quote and the book.

The meal sounds interesting, looking forward to seeing the recipe.  Hope the drink is tasty.  Hope the wine isn't too expensive.

Loved visiting Norway but have not been to Oslo.

Prayers for our world especially the families of those killed in Texas. 

Stay safe.

• Like 27

Blucumber Fizz:

Ingredients
2 parts Maker's Mark® Bourbon
1/4 cup Cucumber, Sliced
1 1/2 parts Chamomile Blueberry Syrup
1/2 parts fresh Lime Juice
2 tsp Egg Whites, Powdered
Soda Water
Garnish Cucumber, Sliced
Garnish Blueberries

Instructions
Muddle the cucumber in a shaker with syrup. Add Maker's Mark® Bourbon, chamomile/blueberry syrup, lime juice and egg whites to shaker and shake for 30 seconds. Add ice, shake again, then double-strain into a tall glass with ice. Top with soda water and then gently push down and stir twice with a bar spoon. Garnish with cucumber zig-zags and fresh blueberries.
*Chamomile/blueberry syrup: Boil 16 oz. of water with 4 chamomile tea bags for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags, then add 1 cup of blueberries and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the blueberries, remove pot from heat, add 3/4 cup of sugar and stir until sugar dissolves, then let the syrup cool.

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 7.12.49 AM.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Happy Wednesday everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  Missing children awareness is very important.  I will brown bag it today.  Towel Day is a new one to me.  The meal suggestion and the drink sound promising.  I won’t touch today’s quote.  I look forward to seeing the photos of a port that I haven’t been to. Prayers for everyone on our prayer list and the poor schoolchildren in Texas.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!

• Like 26

Good afternoon from a cloudy 58°F North East coast of England.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Interesting days.

Not sure the quote reflects real life.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Oslo is a nice city.

Prayers 🙏 for the families in Texas whose children were killed.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220525_124010.jpg

Screenshot_20220525_123705.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Wow! It’s already Hump Day! If all goes as planned we will be visiting Oslo this summer on our MS Rotterdam cruise.

There have been many brown bag days in my life but none for a long time. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Texas families and the slaughter of their innocent children and victims. So sad and for what?

Getting back to normal.Up at 6:30 having my coffee and reading the Daily and knowing we’re our favorite ships are. Thanks and have a great day.

• Like 27

Thank you for the Hump Day (for me packing) day Daily, Rich.  It's worth a cheer when missing children are found.  Towel day is worth celebrating especially when they become animals like last night and almost nightly on a BHB:

IMG_0319.JPG.efee8721e7278b722c31347173689b21.JPG

I haven't brown bagged in years.  I've been to Norway but I don't think Oslo.  The quote is interesting, and the meal sounds interesting.  I'll have my alternative later.

Today’s care list:

Robb Elementary School
Malinda with stage 4 cancer
Cat in my lap DH surgery May 24
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
Buddy with continuing problems ad problematic bone scan
From the rotation:
Ukraine
St. Louis Sal with weakening legs and panic attacks
1Angelcat facing expensive medicines
Strength, peace, and healing for kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

@cat shepard's grand nephew

Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Hawaii getaway for Rowsby
Surgery set for dfish 1 June
Welcome home NextOne
3 days for Dismomx5 and lazey1 (Koningsdam 5/28 to 6/4)
1 day for StLouisCruisers and kb4683(Island Princess 5/26 to 6/29)
rafinmd (Adventure OTS to May 31), Atexsix (Discovery Princess to 5/29), and kochleffel (NCL Jade to 5/29)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 11

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Hump Day (for me packing) day Daily, Rich.  It's worth a cheer when missing children are found.  Towel day is worth celebrating especially when they become animals like last night and almost nightly on a BHB:

IMG_0319.JPG.efee8721e7278b722c31347173689b21.JPG

I haven't brown bagged in years.  I've been to Norway but I don't think Oslo.  The quote is interesting, and the meal sounds interesting.  I'll have my alternative later.

Today’s care list:

Robb Elementary School
Malinda with stage 4 cancer
Cat in my lap DH surgery May 24
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
Buddy with continuing problems ad problematic bone scan
From the rotation:
Ukraine
St. Louis Sal with weakening legs and panic attacks
1Angelcat facing expensive medicines
Strength, peace, and healing for kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

@cat shepard's grand nephew

Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Hawaii getaway for Rowsby
Surgery set for dfish 1 June
Welcome home NextOne
3 days for Dismomx5 and lazey1 (Koningsdam 5/28 to 6/4)
1 day for StLouisCruisers and kb4683(Island Princess 5/26 to 6/29)
rafinmd (Adventure OTS to May 31), Atexsix (Discovery Princess to 5/29), and kochleffel (NCL Jade to 5/29)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

I hope your change around day goes smoothly on your cruise.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich.

Good collection of days - especially Missing Children - there are far too many of them 😢 

Jane Austen was a woman, wasn’t she?  I guess her mind works differently than mine 😉   The meal suggestion sounds yummy.  Won’t see today’s port until next year, hopefully 🤞 

Another frost warning last night. ‘Sigh’

2B1D169F-4B5C-44CD-9D8A-1C290A8A76CD.thumb.jpeg.57edd12a6df586501f575dc4bdc0b8f3.jpeg

The silly things we do to protect our babies.

11B324D6-9D76-479A-A245-4DF98DEDB918.thumb.jpeg.10ace65f7c55652971a7bfab034de958.jpeg

My sister said why not move them into the garage - I told her I had too many planters - hopefully the dahlias are ok - I didn’t cover them figuring the earth would protect them.

C5ED4880-09B6-4A15-9FAD-EECF5AAB187E.thumb.jpeg.aa51cef45a70aa134ecaff4a4450dd0b.jpeg

Today’s day was off to a bad start hearing more deaths in Texas.  The whole situation is so sad and so needless with a few precautions like we take here in Canada with standard gun regulations.

A problem with my bank account due to DH’s death which shouldn’t have happened didn’t help.  Hopefully my FP has it fixed up by the time I get back from my booster this morning.  I don’t handle problems very well, right now.

58 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I am leaving now for my grand nephew’s 8th grade graduation. A bit more somber of a ceremony after yesterdays horrific events in Uvalde.

Safe travels.  I hope you can find some joy in the graduation despite the very sad events 🤞 

No memes today - not a day for joking - at least not for me.  Prayers for everyone on the Care list, the souls lost in Uvalde & those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.  Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 9

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

I cant even imagine what the families of missing children go through. It is just too unthinkable. Then we have what happened yesterday in Texas. For what  purpose and when will all this killing stop?

I  " brown bagged" my lunch most of my working life.  It was better and much more economical.

Love Jane Austin. Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books.

Have not been to Norway but it is back on the list after a cancelled cruise in 2020.

Busy day . I have  to pack everything up for the weekend wedding trip down to Naples. Today, mani pedi and a stop at Publix for snacks and cooler drinks. Not leaving until Friday morning but I have my eye injection tomorrow. That usually puts me " out of service" for awhile. My SIL is flying in here tomorrow to drive with us. Not sure why, rest of the family is flying directly to Ft Myers. LOL.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 24

Good morning everyone.

It is a bright sunny morning here in northeast Ohio.  Sometimes it is hard to believe it can be so beautiful after the horrific events of yesterday.  Nothing much planned today except a haircut and some yard work.  I am looking forward to visiting Oslo this summer on our cruise.   I think I'd like today's drink. 

Today's meal is a good low carb alternative to that good old comfort food mac and cheese.  Just a word of warning:  while it might be low carb, it is definitely not low calorie.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cauliflower-mac-and-cheese-casserole-recipe-2013849

372424032_cauliflowermacandcheese1.jpeg.a1c07ed7054d014109738fb2946be2bc.jpeg

Here we have some tips on how you can mix things up a bit. And, you can do a combination of different cheeses.  They provide a nice list to choose from.   https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/best-baked-cauliflower-mac-and-cheese/

831751229_cauliflowermacandcheese2.thumb.jpg.95167e8047230f6385e6f80ea1e9dddc.jpg

This one gives us tips on how to make sure our cheese sauce is velvety smooth.  Also, make sure your cauliflower is dry when you add the cheese sauce.  You don't want a watery goo.   

https://therecipecritic.com/cauliflower-mac-and-cheese/

287839425_cauliflowermacandcheese3.thumb.jpg.f0b24de4f54660f61f01d6c3aeeaffbe.jpg

This last one roasts the cauliflower instead of steaming it.  That would give a deeper flavor to the dish.  There are also suggestions on how to jazz it up.  Add some dijon mustard to the cheese sauce or some horseradish.  I'd put some green onions in it.  https://kathrynskitchenblog.com/the-best-cauliflower-mac-and-cheese/

1029777389_cauliflowermacandcheese4.thumb.jpg.ecaba2d3aa31d982ec2983f60a0ab550.jpg

Prayers for all who need them, especially the grieving families of Uvalde.  Prayers that we have the courage and fortitude to deal with this problem and not just offer empty condolences.  Prayers for Daily family members facing challenges.   Wishing everyone peace today.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 11

Good Morning.  Another day of rain in the south-bring it on!  I didn't find out abut yesterdays terrible news until I sat down to watch Holey-Moley.  Which might explain why the people who said call me back in a couple of hours, didn't answer their phones when I did.

I know that cartoon funny memes are not appropriate.  I tried to find a meditation image that would be soothing and calming.  

99fb9616880afd567fd934121ad3feba.jpg

Well, I just heard a transformer blow, another squirrel biting the dust, a block away this time.  Four weeks ago, it was our street that lost power.  

I think everyone here has known someone with mental illness problems.  After our divorce my second husband thought that we were about to have a race war, and he purchased a ton of guns to protect himself.  He bought a house, and didn't make the mortgage payments.  He came home one day, and his house had been repossessed, with all his belongings on the street.  And the guns were not there.  He drove his cat over to my house, so that the cat had a home (she didnt stay around) and I have always wondered if he was on a watch list.  Did I think he was crazy?  Yes,  that's why we divorced.  I often feared for my life, but he was never violent to me or to his co workers.  He was one of those folks who "kept themselves to themselves:"  and maybe that is the sign.

I am trying to work out my last week on Job 2, oddly enough job 1's boss has had her email hacked, and boss 2 has lost her ability to text or phone.  Boss 1 is now busy doing training sessions, so busy during the day, and boss 2 is inundating me with dorky emails that I am trying to ignore.

meditation-invented-by-humans-perfected-by-cats-tcanhascheezeurger-com-meditation-51895014.png

2878f7b15d72896944b13de554a525a2.jpg

Be grateful for what you have, may you find an inner peace, may your inner smile shine on others today.  

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks for the update. It’s a cool and cloudy day here and again tomorrow,then rain on Friday.

I never got to post yesterday but I celebrate brother’s day everyday. Mine is my rock, I would not have survived all my medical issues without him❤️ 
   Blessings and prayers to all on our lists. Special prayers to Texas 🙏

• Like 21

Good morning everyone. Horrible news from Texas. We should have done something about these mass school shootings after Columbine and Sandy Hook. It's so sad and no place is safe anymore. Not schools, shopping malls, movie theaters, churches or sunagogues. 

Today is brown bag day, but they have  b een outlawed in new jersey.

Who knows what is wrong in my house with the computers? I finally got me email back this moroning, but only on my phone. My ipad didnt work for my facetime with my MD and so I tried Sam's and ditto. No email on my destop or ipad. I'm not good with all the new technology.

On the bright side, our 16 year old grandson is competing in Philadelphia today in a coding contest. he is one of 10 finalists out of 100 schools full of kids who participated. He built a website from scratch and will be giving a 5 minute presentation and we have a link to view it. First and second prizes are lots of money and it is sponcered by Dell and Boeing. He also has a patent pending on an app that should be out and for sale for $1 soon. So proud of him.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

We are at our cabin.  Last week's opening was smooth.  This week we arrived to no electricity.  A short caused an over current. We know what is probably causing it. Texted our solar guy and we got it running again.  Today no water. Not enough electricity to run the well but we have power. Going through our check lists to get it going again including charging the system with the generator.  We have internet.  I signed up with GMs wifi for the summer but the truck needs to be on.  

Minor problems compared to what is going on in our world. Prayers for the families of the children and teachers lost and for the people of Ukraine.  

• Like 23