The Daily for Thursday 05/26/2022

richwmn

@rafinmdvery sweet of you to put me on the Care list but it’s ok, really.  You can take me off.  My FP has fixed it temporarily (the bank is paying 😉) until the cheque arrives from Jose’s pension payable to the Estate.  Another trip to the bank - but it is what it is.

4 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

We booked the nice 30-day Atlantic Sunsets and British Isles for next May.  

Sounds lovely.  If it didn’t conflict with my cruise I would happily join you 😉 

4 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

I thought I'd give a covid update, just because this virus continues to surprise.  DH is still testing positive for the 8th day.  I'm still negative.  We have confidence in the tests because we've used three different brands and both our results are consistent. It's curious because DH is usually the healthier of the two of us.  

Sorry to hear about your DH.  Glad to hear he is not having any severe symptoms.  😊. Yay on you being Negative still.  

I hear you on being the sickly one.  DH was never sick.  I didn’t catch a lot but got caught a lot.

I am amazed with nearly 6 months of trips to the cesspool of the hospital I did not end up with covid and I tested regularly to protect Jose, the hospital workers and my friends in my bubble.  When I got my booster yesterday, the pharmacist was surprised I had not had covid.  he said I was in the minority.  He didn’t recommend changing the booster so all 4 of mine are Pfizer.

4 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Had my eye injection today and go back in 10 weeks. Thankfully it is working and my vision is very good.  

Good to hear 👍 

4 hours ago, cunnorl said:

We leave early AM tomorrow for the wedding. It will be a lot of fun seeing everyone. I saw many but not all of them a few weeks ago in Boston at the last wedding.  All my nephews. These weddings have been delayed  because of Covid. 

Enjoy every minute of it.  So many have waited so long for these weddings.  If there are a bunch together - so be it.  Wishing them all joy in their new lives and you joy being there ♥️ 

4 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Things are looking up a bit for me, still quite anxious about the upcoming cruise. I had the Covid test yesterday and it was negative. Navigator completed and working. Still need to upload my immunization card into ArriveCan so I can get a receipt and still need to get the selfie to upload into VeriFly. Fortunately the tekkie that built my computer is coming over this afternoon to do those things. Other than that I am packed and ready to go except for last minute things such as meds.

Jane

Yay Jane 👍. Smart to get a techie.  And believe me if I need help for mine, I will - hopefully I can fake it.  Wishing you a truly fabulous cruise

E5F9B8DA-1EDC-400F-8F84-69C01365DFCA.jpeg.45a7dea1f2681320bf4adf21b16f9803.jpeg

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

my left eye got red and exquisitely light sensitive. So sunglasses went on indoors, and hourly drops. It's ok now. Then I got a letter that my insurance would cover the non-formulary medication, Kevzara, but I had no idea about my cost. Then a call from the pharmaceutical company that I'd been accepted to their assistance program, and they are shipping the medication today with arrival tomorrow! I'll start it next week after some bloodwork on Tuesday. My UK friend who had surgery texted me from the CCU (equivalent to our ICU) yesterday afternoon to say she was out of surgery.

Good news on your friend and on the assistance you are going to get at long last.  Hope it can help 🙏🏻 

• Like 19

45 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Judging by the amount of crates sitting on the dock we will NOT be leaving at 4 pm. And we’ve been waiting for hours for our luggage so I guess the earlier you arrive the later your luggage arrives at your door. I’ll do my best to be cognizant of our departure so I don’t miss sailaway waving.  However dinner is scheduled for 7:20 so if it’s that late, sorry for missing it. 🤷‍♀️

Kay @kb4683if I don’t find you at the meet and greet we’re in C527 so you can leave me a message if you want. 

🚢

Just checking the port schedule, the Island Princess is now confirmed for an 18:00 departure.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Afternoon Dailyites.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Thank you Rich and Roy for the lists.,  Appreciate the prayers for my continued problems.

@kazuI hope your FP comes through and straightens out your financial situation.

@StLouisCruisershave a wonderful cruise.  Sorry about the cancelled port.

@grapau27I hope you get some relief from your knee pain.  take it from one who knows, steroid injections in the knee are really effective.

@rafinmdenjoy the second part of your cruise.  if you have the opportunity, could you send me an email?  I have a question to ask you.  Thanks.

Admire Sally Ride.  She was quite a woman.  Not a fan of Dracula and was never a redhead.

I like the quote and the wine.

Will pass on the meal and have never been to the port.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

God Bless,

Terri

Thank you Terri.

That is very reassuring.

I'm pleased they work well for you.

Graham.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Konigsdam 5/28/22_6-4/22 Alaska Inland Passage from Vancouver.

Jane

Duh.  I have it on my list and didn't even see it.

We will supposedly leave about 5PM.  Not quite time to clear the bridge and get to dinner on time.

Roy

• Like 14

Good afternoon everyone. I was sure I had posted this morning but now that I see the days to celebrate I realize I didn't. Last night we watched our grandson compete with the 10 other finalists in the coding contest for Philadelphia. his project was fgood, but not judged good enough to win the big prize but we're still very proud of him

It's been a rough few days here. I have no gmail. I've tried calling them but there is NO phone number. I was sent a code through a second way of verification and put it in and was told my email will be up again in 48 hours but its way past that.

Then, Sam lost his wallet with all his insurance cards, ID, credit card, etc. We spent all day yesterday trying to notify everyone and then this AM the aide found it. He had taken it into a supermarket, took it out of his pocket and transferred it to another pant's pocket.

I got a letter from an insurance company that will pay some towards the aides but now they want EOBs from the long term care company. Thought I had saved all of them but didn't. I have to file with this company in order to collect from his major medical policy. They make it so hard.

I'm exhausted just trying to keep up with everything. Today the podiatrist and tomorrow the eye doctor and I'm heading for cateract surgery in the fall.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, kazu said:

Sounds lovely.  If it didn’t conflict with my cruise I would happily join you 😉 

Awww...wish you'd go.  The itinerary is pretty much the same as the one you and I both had booked before, but without that great back-to-back with Norway.  I wish they had that same thing offered again!  

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Awww...wish you'd go.  The itinerary is pretty much the same as the one you and I both had booked before, but without that great back-to-back with Norway.  I wish they had that same thing offered again!  

Me too - but I’m doing Norway with a nice warm Med / Spain, Lisbon and Gibraltar before hand.

Norway was a far bigger attraction for me as I have been to some of the spots on the British Isles segments - happy to go back but Norway is new and I have to do it before I talk myself out of going into cold weather (like we don’t have enough here 😉)

• Like 14

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I'm a Downton fan, but still hesitant on going into a movie theater; maybe an early mid-week show would be fine.

I understand, Vanessa.  This is the first time we've been to a movie theater since well before Covid.  We wore our masks and the theater probably had only 20-25 people there.  You could also wait a bit, and hope most people are going these first few weeks. 🙂 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Kay @kb4683if I don’t find you at the meet and greet we’re in C527 so you can leave me a message if you want. 

🚢

Hi, Sandi —

Pretty sure I spotted you in the DR at lunch (pink shirt, etc), but timing just wasn’t right.  We might make it up to your waving spot — Patter says sail away at 6:00, but who knows.  Found one of our bags down the hall outside another cabin — was sweating that one because it had all the hiking shoes, coats, etc!  We are in E623 this leg then move to C324 for the Norway leg.  
Kay & Jim

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  It looks the Daily has been busy while I was sitting outside finishing my book.

Our DDs attended Sally K. Ride Elementary School in The Woodlands, TX.  She was at the dedication of the school, but that was before we moved there.

Finally, the replacement lawn mower came this afternoon.  Fortunately, it was easy to put together.  Basically all we needed to do was attach the top part of the handle to the bottom part; then, we took it for a short test drive.  I think it will work well, but the grass doesn't need mowing yet.  Now, we're wondering if the MIA mower will turn up, or if not, how we'll ever return it as Amazon wants.  I think I see a few more phone calls in our future.

@dfish  Debbie, I know what you mean about smelling like Walter.  We ordered the Amazon version of another popular ointment, and I thought Walter was in the room with me.  😉

@cunnorl  Safe travels and enjoy the wedding.

@ger_77  Gerry, that is nice your birth family has welcomed you.

@AncientWanderer  Maxine, I'm glad you are still testing negative.  I hope your DH tests negative soon too.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I'm sorry your eye flared up again.  Good news about the drugs being covered.  Glad your UK friend came through the surgery, and wish her a speedy recovery.

@lazey1  Glad you tested negative and enjoy your cruise.

@durangoscots  Yes, you need a cruise.  Hope the fire is contained and is out soon.

@mamaofami  Carol, you should be very proud of your grandson.  Hope your email is restored soon.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 14

30 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hi!  Definitely supposed to leave at 6 now. Captain says 1872 on board. And DH changed into a grey T instead of his green polo. Kay found me anyway even though he changed clothes!  😂

I have the webcam up.  Hopefully we will see you!

• Like 8

11 hours ago, bennybear said:

@TiogaCruiser thanks for the recipes, yum! Now to find the purée,  that will likely be my hardest task.  

If you are able to get Goya products near you, ( not sure if they trade in Canada) they make a frozen passion fruit purée. Some of our Asian markets will have the purple variety in the produce department.

For those living in So Cal, Ralph’s Markets carries Goya, but not all of the markets have the frozen passion fruit. My local store puts it in the international section of the freezer (instead of the fruit section).

I’m looking forward to (hopefully) have homegrown passion fruit next year. My plants are about 2 feet tall now.

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 9