Oceania Specialty Dining Policy Change?

tjm0701

I have Concierge Level on the Oceania Vista 16 day sailing October 16, 2023. It says though that I am only entitled to 1 Specialty Restaurant reservation each. With my August 25, 2022 10 day sailing on Nautica, also Concierge, I have 2 reservations each for the Specialty Restaurants. I know there are only 2 Specialty dining venues on Nautica. But Is this a Policy change at Oceania or a possible typo? The Vista sailing is almost a third longer trip. 

18 minutes ago, tjm0701 said:

I have Concierge Level on the Oceania Vista 16 day sailing October 16, 2023. It says though that I am only entitled to 1 Specialty Restaurant reservation each. With my August 25, 2022 10 day sailing on Nautica, also Concierge, I have 2 reservations each for the Specialty Restaurants. I know there are only 2 Specialty dining venues on Nautica. But Is this a Policy change at Oceania or a possible typo? The Vista sailing is almost a third longer trip. 

I believe that is because there are more specialty restaurants on Vista than Nautica so in total you will end up with the same number (or more) opportunities to eat in a specialty restaurant

20 minutes ago, tjm0701 said:

Being Concierge level doesn't factor in, but the number of Restaurants on the ship, and number of days definitely does. I'd have to see the chart but the Nautica one seems more incorrect to me. 

To add to what basor said, the number of reservations is the same whether it's a 10-day or 16-day cruise.  Only if it's 18 days or more would you get additional reservations. I believe Vista has 4 specialty restaurants, so you will get 4 reservations.  When you get onboard, go to the reservations desk to ask there are additional reservations available.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, basor said:

I believe that is because there are more specialty restaurants on Vista than Nautica so in total you will end up with the same number (or more) opportunities to eat in a specialty restaurant

The policy has not changed.  Here's the link to it.

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477653-How-many-dining-reservations-am-I-allowed-in-each-specialty-restaurant-

Oops, meant to quote @tjm0701

Edited by 1985rz1

Thanks. It’s tied to the size of the ship and therefore Specialty Restaurants on board and days. IE. Nautica: 2 reservations per restaurant ( as only 2 Specialties) and Riviera (Vista, not listed, but same size), 1 per restaurant (4 Specialties, I assume for Vista) and under 18 days. 

We are booked on Vista in June 2023 and our online booking, under Dining, states:

"Your 14-Day Voyage in a Concierge Level Veranda offers you 1 reservation per restaurant in Polo Grill and Toscana."  Looks like O has yet to update Vista booking pages to include the names of the additional 2 Specialities: Red Ginger and Ember.

Not sure about this dining policy either.  We are on a 46 day cruise, New York roundtrip, July/August/September 2022.  This is on the Insignia and we are in a concierge level cabin.  We are allowed to make seven (7) reservations in both Polo and Toscana.  So, I think it depends on...well, actually I'm not sure.  Luck of the draw?  But I made reservations, 60 days out, at both but still have one left at Toscana.  We like the MDR and Terrace for meals.   But everything is subject to change.  Just my two cents.

Bill

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The question/controversy here is specific to the Vista. All other bookings for the Riviera and Marina will quote the availability of reservations for ALL FOUR of its specialty restaurants. We have four bookings on the Vista and they list ONLY TWO bookable restaurants - Toscana and Polo Grill. Red Ginger is not listed. My TA says it will be included but this language has been unchanged now for months. We are worried as we love Red Ginger. 
For those new to Oceania the number of precruise bookings depends on the length of the cruise. For example our upcoming 31 day cruise on the Marina gives us 3 each, so 12 total. Our 18 day cruise on Vista next year affords us 2. Our 12 day Vista only one for each restaurant. The question is how many: two, or 3 with Red Ginger, or 4 if Ember is included. 
Hope Oceania clears this up soon!

I would expect it is still just a “update” issue and it will be adjusted soon.  Long before you can ever make a reservation, your Vista Specialty dining reservations will be corrected.  Nothing to be concerned about. 
Ciao,

Mauibabes

• Like 1

Bigger ships, concierge get one reservation in each of 4 restaurants.  On smaller R ships, get 2 reservations in each of 2 restaurants. Either way, you get 4 reservations per cruise. 
the regular standard verandas, Oceanview, etc. only get one reservation per restaurant on any size ship.  Concierge also can reserve 60 days before sailing.  Often on longer cruises, we can get additional reservations.  Regardless the food everywhere is excellent.  

Have yet to try Oceania.  Have a side question.  It sounds like higher classification cabins get preference.  With this reservation rationing, is it difficult for lower category cabins to use the specialty restnts?   

8 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Have yet to try Oceania.  Have a side question.  It sounds like higher classification cabins get preference.  With this reservation rationing, is it difficult for lower category cabins to use the specialty restnts?   

No everyone gets a certain  number of pre booked reservation allotment  it depends on the length of the cruise & cabin cat

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477653-How-many-dining-reservations-am-I-allowed-in-each-specialty-restaurant-

We usually book  A, B or C  cabin & rarely have been "out of luck" getting a 2 top

They hold back so many tables  for each booking time frame

so not all slots are booked up by PH + cabins  they still keep slots open for those  in the lower cat 

You can ask daily if there are any slots open  for extra  reservations & go on the wait list incase someone cancels

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

No everyone get a certain pre booked reservation allotment  it depends on the length of the cruise & cabin cat

We usually book  A, B or C  cabin & rarely have been "out of luck" getting a 2 top

They hold back so many tables  for each booking time frame

so not all slots are booked up by PH cabins  they still keep slots open for those  in the lower cat 

You can ask daily if there are any slots open  & go on the wait list incase someone cancels

Excellent.  Thanks!! 

3 hours ago, ldubs said:

Hi. The higher class cabins get to make reservations earlier (i.e. first). While it’s possible there will be nothing left by the time you log on, I have never had this happen. There are also waitlist opportunities. We have had success booking same-day with the maitre d of any of the other dining venues as they all use the same booking system. 

• Thanks 1

R ships only have two Specialty restaurants, O ships have 4 Specialties, hence the difference in the numbers. In addition, on O ships you can dine in La Reserve (About $120 pp)or get some friends together and have a private party for up to 10 in La Privee ($300). Both have some amazing cuisine offered but of course it comes at a cost. 

Just plan to enjoy your dining experiences. 
Mauibabes

26 minutes ago, thespiritmovesme said:

Please clarify for me. We are on the Sirena in A3. Is it 4 reservations total -1 per each restaurant for each person in cabin? (2 restaurants × 2 people). Thanks.

Mauibabes has good advice.  I see you are on the Sirena (an R ship).  My original answer was for the O Shops (Riveria and Marina).  On the R ships, each person gets 2 advance reservations per restaurant.

1 hour ago, thespiritmovesme said:

Please clarify for me. We are on the Sirena in A3. Is it 4 reservations total -1 per each restaurant for each person in cabin? (2 restaurants × 2 people). Thanks.

How long is your cruise?

It is PP  per cabin

Insignia, Nautica, Regatta and Sirena 
Concierge Level Veranda and above 
Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant 
Cruises 8-17 days: 2 reservations at each restaurant 
Cruises 18 days or more: 3 reservations at each restaurant 

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

R ships only have two Specialty restaurants, O ships have 4 Specialties, hence the difference in the numbers. In addition, on O ships you can dine in La Reserve (About $120 pp)or get some friends together and have a private party for up to 10 in La Privee ($300). Both have some amazing cuisine offered but of course it comes at a cost. 

Just plan to enjoy your dining experiences. 
Mauibabes

They said they were on Sirena  so NO Privee or LaReserve

why confused new people more? 🙄

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, thespiritmovesme said:

14 days. Thus 2 @ each restaurant per person, right! 

Yep.  It will become clear when you reserve them on line once the reservations open.

Edited by 1985rz1