The Daily for Wednesday 06/01/2022

richwmn

7 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

News from Buddy's wife, my niece Amy is different than I was told last night.  From the bone biopsy they can tell the type of cancer and the cancer on his scapula and spine is lung cancer.  However he hasn't got it in his lungs.  After surgery he will need radiation and immunotherapy.  Here we go again. 

Winds have picked up here and we've been rocking this afternoon.  I can see some of the whitecaps being carried off into the wind as spray.  You can tell we're on the ocean now!

Hope we hear from Debbie soon.

Sandi, this certainly is different news, and unfortunately is not want anyone wanted to hear.  I'm sorry he is in for a rough time, but hopefully, the surgery, readiaiton and immunotherapy will work.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I'm a little late for this today but,

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit! Thanks for the Daily, Rich, and thanks to Roy for keeping us updated with the lists! And many thanks to our food & beverage departments and, last but not least, our garden club! We have a wonderful caring, sharing community here!

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sandi, this certainly is different news, and unfortunately is not want anyone wanted to hear.  I'm sorry he is in for a rough time, but hopefully, the surgery, readiaiton and immunotherapy will work.

Lenda

Yes, this is certainly not good news for him. Seems like I have a lot of praying to do for Buddy, and certainly hope some of those prayers are heard so he can have a somewhat normal life in the future.🙁

• Like 14

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

News from Buddy's wife, my niece Amy is different than I was told last night.  From the bone biopsy they can tell the type of cancer and the cancer on his scapula and spine is lung cancer.  However he hasn't got it in his lungs.  After surgery he will need radiation and immunotherapy.  Here we go again. 

Winds have picked up here and we've been rocking this afternoon.  I can see some of the whitecaps being carried off into the wind as spray.  You can tell we're on the ocean now!

Hope we hear from Debbie soon.

Sandi this is really tough to hear. Praying that this course of treatment will go smoothly and take care of his cancer.

My cancer surviving good friend, is on a two year course of immunotherapy- even though her oncologist declared her cancer free last month. I guess they are taking no chances.

And my friend’s cancer was caused by a hormone from her uterus that caused cancer around her urethra. So I am also praying that Buddy’s medical team is as good as my friend’s is. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Sandi this is really tough to hear. Praying that this course of treatment will go smoothly and take care of his cancer.

My cancer surviving good friend, is on a two year course of immunotherapy- even though her oncologist declared her cancer free last month. I guess they are taking no chances.

And my friend’s cancer was caused by a hormone from her uterus that caused cancer around her urethra. So I am also praying that Buddy’s medical team is as good as my friend’s is. 

Ann, I'm glad your friend is doing so well and has been declared cancer free.  Sending positive thoughts for continued success. 

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I am home and doing well, although I will be heading to bed very shortly.  The surgeon said it was a nasty gallbladder.  That is what he told my friends in the waiting room.  I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for a translation from him.  Pain levels are tolerable at this point.  I expect it will be much less tomorrow.  

Thank you to @JazzyV, @AncientWanderer, @jimgev, @Quartzsite Cruiser, and @StLouisCruisers for all the well wishes!  I knew having the Daily with me would make a huge difference.   

Prayers for Buddy.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, dfish said:

I am home and doing well, although I will be heading to bed very shortly.  The surgeon said it was a nasty gallbladder.  That is what he told my friends in the waiting room.  I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for a translation from him.  Pain levels are tolerable at this point.  I expect it will be much less tomorrow.  

Thank you to @JazzyV, @AncientWanderer, @jimgev, @Quartzsite Cruiser, and @StLouisCruisers for all the well wishes!  I knew having the Daily with me would make a huge difference.   

Prayers for Buddy.

So happy all is well.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.My prayers are all for you today Debbie.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, dfish said:

Prayers for Buddy.

Awesome News!

Roy

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, dfish said:

Prayers for Buddy.

I'm glad it's over and done. Take it easy and rest for the next few days.

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, dfish said:

Great news, have a great night's sleep hopefully pain will be slight 

• Like 11

32 minutes ago, dfish said:

Prayers for Buddy.

Debbie, I'm glad the surgery is behind you and you're doing well.  Rest and take it easy for a while.  I'm sure you're happy to be rid of that "nasty" gallbladder.

Lenda

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, dfish said:

Prayers for Buddy.

Thank you for checking in Debbie. I can’t wait to hear what exactly makes a gallbladder “nasty”. Sleep well. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Prayers for Buddy.

So glad to hear. A few  years ago I had a bad gallbladder surgically removed and two days later went to the grocery store. Modern medicine is a marvel. Happy to hear your procedure was successful and most importantly not many painful effects.

Debbie prayers for healthy healing.

• Like 13

Once in the town meeting in East Lyme, Conn., discussion of the police budget included a question about deer officers. I was confused, because while the town was almost overrun with deer, I never saw the police taking any interest in them. Turned out to be D.A.R.E. officers.

I visited Rhodes last week. From the synagogue and near it:

IMG_20220524_115323154.thumb.jpg.b271d9741356727ebd7f6b2e23e05560.jpgIMG_20220524_115513322_MP.thumb.jpg.77473126b04d70a843df7f7594214a98.jpgIMG_20220524_115134122.thumb.jpg.135c99f227f6b8f53ecfa884e187b852.jpgIMG_20220524_115118261.thumb.jpg.47929aba4c5059826cd042267bdc8bc0.jpgIMG_20220524_115059655.thumb.jpg.573dd8a4a5bd5227177120a15b32e623.jpgIMG_20220524_114140751.thumb.jpg.c5b4b5eb8b6b8346bbc0b51760e9da5e.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Just now, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Any way to make it smaller?

Yes!

I think if you double click the picture (before submitting the post) you will get to a pop up where you can change the size. I recommend clicking the maintain aspect ratio button prior to resizing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3