BOGO 60% off the 2nd Guest (effective Jun 2-30)

mahdnc

I’ve been watching and pricing a 2024 b2b on the Silhouette for about 3 months now to book the same PH for both sailings.
With the new promo I pulled the trigger today saving almost $8000 from the price that fluctuated up and down since I’ve been watching it. 
I’m happy!

• Like 6

I checked my booked 14-day cruise at current promo 60% off 2nd guest, it is $3000 higher now! 

My current one has Always Included becuase No Perk was not offered when I booked the cuise. If I later remove AI, does X re-price at whatever their current promo is? Or will they simply remove the AI perks at $50/person/day based on the rate I already booked? No perks suits us better because we rarely drink alcohol. 14-day cruise at $100 /day will reduce my rate by $1400 without perks. However, it won't make sense to do that if they force me to re-price at current promo. Does anyone have experience with removing AI at their already booked cruise?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, whattodo said:

I checked my booked 14-day cruise at current promo 60% off 2nd guest, it is $3000 higher now! 

My current one has Always Included becuase No Perk was not offered when I booked the cuise. If I later remove AI, does X re-price at whatever their current promo is? Or will they simply remove the AI perks at $50/person/day based on the rate I already booked? No perks suits us better because we rarely drink alcohol. 14-day cruise at $100 /day will reduce my rate by $1400 without perks. However, it won't make sense to do that if they force me to re-price at current promo. Does anyone have experience with removing AI at their already booked cruise?  

You would have to reprice at prevailing No Perks rate.   AI is not an addon it's a different rate.

We have a RS booked for October 2022.  When I did a mock booking a RS for the same date is $2600 higher than what we are paying.  How is everyone getting these amazing deals?  Am I missing something?

I just checked my 9nt Celebrity Beyond 11/13/23 sailing - with same perks/room type (Standard Oceanview) a NRD fare would be $686pp higher and a RD fare would be $823pp higher.  We have a RD fare in an agency contract group with elevate package.  Even the agency contract group rate we booked under is no longer available!  We just booked early May.  The NRD fare is an almost 50% increase from our current rate!!!!!!!!!  This "sale" is no deal for us!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

What I think people are missing is that this promo isn’t on ALL cruises, it’s on select cruises. The promo flyer says “applicable” sailings, not all sailings.

CEL_BOGO_60pct_off_2nd_Guest_Promo.pdf?f

I read it differently. Applicable sailings = Jun 4 2022 thru Apr 30 2024 (except Galapagos cruisetours)

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 3

Like many of you, I’ve been “watching” a specific cruise - Panama Canal, March 2024.  I had a future vacation cruise deposit deal from a Celebrity cruise sailed in March.  This was the cheapest price I’ve seen -  nets out to $1200 savings - sunset veranda - over previously monitored prices with a minimal deposit, everything included and $200 ship board credit.  Very pleased 🤗.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I read it differently. Applicable sailings = Jun 4 2022 thru Apr 30 2024 (except Galapagos cruisetours)

Hmmm, yes I guess that is correct, but then I can’t figure out why so many people are re-checking their cruises and finding higher prices and some of us are finding fantastic deals!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

Hmmm, yes I guess that is correct, but then I can’t figure out why so many people are re-checking their cruises and finding higher prices and some of us are finding fantastic deals!

The when you booked comes into play….I can’t comment on other room categories but, like yourself we usually book suites…

In our experience of booking the best price is often as the cruise is released. Once one PH has gone the other increases significantly in price and as RS drop in numbers the price increases again. Hence, move on a few months and a great offer comes up and the PH looks a bargain with $$$ off but that new price may still be more than the early birds paid for the first  PH. We have a Caribbean cruise booked next year on Silhouette where a RS (with offer) is nearly as much as we paid for the PH as the cruise was released. 

As with all offers they can be a deal or a reminder you got a good deal months ago when you booked. 

• Thanks 1

Brochure price should never change , you would think 🤔 

This is their biggest offering of the year , so the price should be at the lowest 

But with the RCG nothing is as it seems

so stop trying to understand their logic 😁, it will hurt your head 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

It all depends when you originally booked and if it was with a promo or sale of some kind. Our August Reflection cruise Sky Suite was booked in January with a 30% off promo on cruises longer than 9 nights and we saved $3988 with the promo. A week after we booked and the promo was over the price for same cabin went back up the 30% and has stayed there until this sale. So our current price is significantly lower than what this promo would give us, but if we had booked in the last few months this sale would have been a drop of $2485 in price for us.

Edited by terrydtx

10 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

Many of us watched the prices of our cruise jump significantly the evening of June 1 so that when this sale went into effect on June 2, the net effect was similar to the Memorial Day sale.

I'm not convinced these sales ever truly are sales.  They are just advertising ploys to get people to book.  Regardless of the sale, I think prices follow supply and demand.  So people who are getting deals with this sale likely are on sailings that aren't selling as well.  And those of us that have watched the prices of our cruises go up are on sailings that are selling well.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

I usually sail as a solo passenger and wondered if they would still charge double or actually apply the 60% off to the 2nd charge; nope, they still charge double for a solo booking.

I just did a mock booking and got the sale applied. Try another cruise/date/cabin category.

No cruising for us for a long time if the pricing keeps on going like this.  We simply cannot afford it.  60% off but on cruise only?  Even all inclusive they jack the price up by $500?  Are they kidding?  Smart cruisers know the deal.  Maybe in suites, which we never could afford, but not lower cabins.  They are doing away with "all inclusive" likely and this will push many to other cruise lines.  Celebrity is celebrating 32 years as Celebrity.  We have been loyal since 1992.  Sorry, can't justify this on a fixed income.  So sad.

55 minutes ago, PatC said:

No cruising for us for a long time if the pricing keeps on going like this.  We simply cannot afford it.  60% off but on cruise only?  Even all inclusive they jack the price up by $500?  Are they kidding?  Smart cruisers know the deal.  Maybe in suites, which we never could afford, but not lower cabins.  They are doing away with "all inclusive" likely and this will push many to other cruise lines.  Celebrity is celebrating 32 years as Celebrity.  We have been loyal since 1992.  Sorry, can't justify this on a fixed income.  So sad.

Don't give up so quickly; keep watching for cruise deals, as they always come available.  You might be surprised what pops up.  Also, supply/demand, along with a possible recession can cause prices to go down.  No one knowss what the future may bring, but continually keep an eye on your preferred cruises. 

Edited by Lastdance

On 6/1/2022 at 4:51 PM, Peggy Tuten said:

We shall see if it ends up being a good deal or not.  The base cost for a concierge cabin on my cruise is up $ 278 pp from yesterday.  I look at every sale as I've paid in full and looking for a Best Price Guarantee refund in the form of onboard credit. 

i didnt find the sale to be just that, a sale.  Prices appear higher than before the sale.  sigh.....

On 6/2/2022 at 5:19 AM, jojo1966 said:

Surely they cant charge that price for a 2 week cruise - never seen those prices before !! this is only for a lowest category verandah as well.....price is almost £4,000 less for the similar cruise on Princess so looks like i might be trying another princess cruise 😊

In the news recently in the US it was said that cruise lines will likely have to lower cruise fares in the second quarter as consumers pull back.  I guess we will wait and see.  

15 minutes ago, mk960072 said:

In the news recently in the US it was said that cruise lines will likely have to lower cruise fares in the second quarter as consumers pull back.  I guess we will wait and see.  

Reflective of the wider economy, I suspect.  Tough spot for cruise lines trying to win back customers while dealing with rising expenses. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, D C said:

Reflective of the wider economy, I suspect.  Tough spot for cruise lines trying to win back customers while dealing with rising expenses. 

That it is, and got a notification today that a cruise i was watching was $1200 pp and today price dropped to $999 on Celebrity.  Some days I feel cruise prices are like the stock market, rising and falling.  Pays to be a smart consumer. 

I did a mock booking on my Feb 2023 Caribbean cruise and got around a CDN$200 reduction so I called Celebrity.  The agent was able to get me a CDN$363 reduction (with all perks in place) - final payment isn’t until November so I’ll keep looking for future sales.  This is my 2nd or 3rd reduction since I booked.

We saved almost $2900 on our Beyond March 2024 booking.

The RS on the Summit October 2023 cruise is $18 pp higher than the price we are paying for the PH.

I didn't ask to have the price checked on our December 2022 cruise.  We got a few price drops and the category is still sold out. Usually when we get price drops pre sale the sale price is higher than what we are paying.