How is Royal handling sitting with table mates during Covid?

Hi-Husband and I do not mind sitting with other table mates during dinner.

We have had a couple of bad experiences but for the most part really enjoyed meeting new people. So we are generally open to sitting with others if asked.

With Covid, is that something that is still going on? Just curious.

2 minutes ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

Hi-Husband and I do not mind sitting with other table mates during dinner.

We have had a couple of bad experiences but for the most part really enjoyed meeting new people. So we are generally open to sitting with others if asked.

With Covid, is that something that is still going on? Just curious.

We were at a 4 top for 1 cruise but the others didn't show. 2 tops for the other 2.  Still close enough to talk to nearby tables.

• Thanks 2

I've been seated at large tables and people move lol. It was me and one couple at a 8 top. I left the last 2 nights. Felt stupid all those empty seats. 2 couples asked for 2 top to sit alone. 

Another time I was at a 6 top with a family of 5. Once a 4 top alone. Mostly larger tables as a solo they assign me to. Every cruise has been different.  Mostly good. 

• Like 1

On Oasis 2nd week of May - that had started seating people together again - we found out when we were seated at an 8 top the first night (no one else showed up- so an 8 top for just the two of us) - we did have another couple sit with us a few evenings (very nice chatting) - but I think it's hit and miss filling a table with all of the specialty dining experiences offered and the buffett is now also open for dinner.

13 hours ago, jimdalva said:

On several post restart cruises, we were asked upon entering the MDR if we wanted to be seated with others. We always do.

Yes, we’ve been asked on recent cruises too. We’re on Anthem in 12 days time and expecting capacity to be a lot higher than what we’ve gotten used to. It will be interesting to see how MDR seating is handled on this sailing.

we always get a table for two....Way too many horror stories from back in the day when we sat at larger tables..We got a frig magnet years ago in spain that said "Happiness is being married to your best friend".....This  is how we like to enjoy our dining together and we are never bored....i feel lucky to have her.....life is good and cruising makes it even better. wish everyone well....B&B in clearwater.

• Like 4

We had no problems on Anthem with this. My friend was a solo traveler on the same cruise me and my family were on. Originally we were booked at 2 separate tables, which happened to be right next to each other. They had no issues seating us together, even though our reservations weren't linked.

Hello,

For the last three weeks, Anthem has had no mixing of different parties at dinner tables other than 'by request'.

However for the 'Consecutive Cruisers' and 'Cheers with an Officer' lunches we were placed together.

Regards,

Cublet

Do yourself a favor and request a table with just your party 

Way to many positive Covid cases recently….On the Quantum Alaska cruises every single sailing so far has loads of both crew and guests having Covid by the end of the cruise or once home 

On the last one they did a poll in the FB roll call and 24% out of 500 got Covid…..And that number is probably low since some guests just think they have a cold and won’t test, others are asymptomatic and others just don’t care 🙈🙈

People also jam packed the elevators 10-12 deep with no masks 😷😷🙈🙈

FYI for those that think a table for 2 will socially distance them from other diners:  on Oasis in March lots of the tables for 2 were about a foot apart.  

On 6/5/2022 at 10:39 AM, LaCal said:

Do yourself a favor and request a table with just your party 

Way to many positive Covid cases recently….On the Quantum Alaska cruises every single sailing so far has loads of both crew and guests having Covid by the end of the cruise or once home 

On the last one they did a poll in the FB roll call and 24% out of 500 got Covid…..And that number is probably low since some guests just think they have a cold and won’t test, others are asymptomatic and others just don’t care 🙈🙈

People also jam packed the elevators 10-12 deep with no masks 😷😷🙈🙈

Do you avoid people on land also as most things are back to normal and no social distancing and masks anymore?

1 hour ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Do you avoid people on land also as most things are back to normal and no social distancing and masks anymore?

things here in florida are not back to normal.....covid is running rampant, but people are blind to it. only 27% of the florida residents have been fully vaxed and boosters and they wonder why the rates are skyrocketing.....like ron white says:you can't fix stupid.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 2:44 PM, willing292 said:

They are not mixing passengers with others for dinner, unless they have linked their reservations.  

How does that work when ships are sailing at or near 100%?  By the way, your answer is completely wrong.  Seating is normal now that the pandemic is over, and the world announced that we must learn to live with the virus for years to come. 

For the poster, most ships are running at or near capacity, based on how many people purchase. So, dinner as well as all events on the ship, are running normal.  You will be seated with others, and if space permitting and you request it, you might be able to get a table for 2.  

Going on a cruise is no more riskier than spending a week in Florida.

Edited by Joseph2017China