Embassy Suites, Fort Lauderdale

shopgirl151

For those who have stayed here pre-cruise, I have a few questions.

First, is there a shuttle from the airport to the hotel?

Second, is there a shuttle from the hotel to the pier?

If the answers are yes, is it worth using the shuttle service or get a cab?

Thanks

14 minutes ago, shopgirl151 said:

For those who have stayed here pre-cruise, I have a few questions.

First, is there a shuttle from the airport to the hotel?

Second, is there a shuttle from the hotel to the pier?

If the answers are yes, is it worth using the shuttle service or get a cab?

Thanks

There airport shuttle to the hotel was $12 per person in March and uber/lyft was

$14 total for the ride.  We just get a Lyft or Uber to the hotel.  To the port, they use a third party and there’s  a charge.  

Again, we used lyft to the port…it was $12.99 total for the total ride.  Also, we wanted a private ride, without a van full of people and go when we wanted to go.

You could just call or email to see what the port van costs.  

This is a very popular hotel for cruisers and there are a lot of people waiting for the port van.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

We were there a week and a half ago. We took a taxi to the hotel. And we booked a shuttle to the port through the concierge for $8 per person. We debated walking since it’s a little over a mile to terminal 2 but chose the lazy route. 

Recent reviews of this hotel we used to use have been not so good.

We much more prefer Hyatt Place now. Taxi for all our transportation works out best for us or possibly the Hyatt Place shuttle from FLL to the hotel is $5.00 per room reservation.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 9:46 PM, George C said:

Embassy suites has really gone downhill, last stay was terrible, I also had liked it in the past.

Could you please be a bit more specific?  Have stayed there many times and am aware that it is an older property. Have always enjoyed the morning buffet and the later afternoon drinks.  Has something drastically changed?

We had to stay there in December last year. The room was really worn out and bathroom was disgusting. Breakfast in the AM was 50-60 people in line and took forever. Food was not very good compared to Carnival or Royal C. buffet. we could not get Hyatt Place one block away it was booked. H.P. is by far much, much nicer. will be staying there in September for a few nights pre, and post cruise for $ 119 a night thru Valutrips.com. Have used it many times in the past for great discounts.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 7:17 AM, jimmy2x said:

Could you please be a bit more specific?  Have stayed there many times and am aware that it is an older property. Have always enjoyed the morning buffet and the later afternoon drinks.  Has something drastically changed?

We stayed there last July,  we arrived at 7:30 pm , took about 15 mins to checkin, then found out bar and restaurant closed at 8. Everything was cold at breakfast buffet . Just booked Hilton marina on 17st for November.

• Like 1

Switch it up.   We stayed based on reviews and vlogger reviews.  It just isn’t that good and the surrounding neighborhood is turning a bit sketchy.  The shuttles are no longer free.  The evening happy hour was marginal - stale chips, salsa and veggies.  The breakfast was very busy and the food could have been hotter.   The room was ok but could use some refreshing.  I will not be staying again.  Lots of newer hotels to choose from.  If you have time to tour I would stay on the river shuttle route or at the beach. 

maybe after Covid they will get better.  They are very nice people

Edited by Mary229

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

... and the surrounding neighborhood is turning a bit sketchy. 

Can you elaborate on that statement?  I live in Broward County just north of Fort Lauderdale and haven't heard any reports or complaints of the 17th Street hotel area turning sketchy.  I know it is a favorite of cruisers given its proximity (next door) to Port Everglades, closeness to the airport, and reasonable - compared to the hotels along the beach - prices. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Can you elaborate on that statement?  I live in Broward County just north of Fort Lauderdale and haven't heard any reports or complaints of the 17th Street hotel area turning sketchy.  I know it is a favorite of cruisers given its proximity (next door) to Port Everglades, closeness to the airport, and reasonable - compared to the hotels along the beach - prices. 

Agree....I find nothing about the 17th Street location "sketchy". It's our go to area for pre-cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, capriccio said:

We walked around and were confronted with not just a few but many, many homeless.  

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

We walked around and were confronted with not just a few but many, many homeless.  

Thanks for the explanation.  That is a difficult problem facing many cities.  I didn't have the same experience the last time I was in the neighborhood a couple of months ago. 

57 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Thanks for the explanation.  That is a difficult problem facing many cities.  I didn't have the same experience the last time I was in the neighborhood a couple of months ago. 

I was there in April 2022

6 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Wouldn't mind the homeless as much as our experience a few years ago at this hotel - Young girl maybe 20ish sitting on the curb just past the driveway on side road leading to the supermarket/shopping - asking people for help paying for a ride - offered to help her at the hotel taxi stand, she walked away when we refused to just give her cash.  She was in  the same spot the next morning - different clothes but still dressed like she was selling herself.  We asked "did you ever get a ride yesterday" she proceeded to curse at us - hotel security called the police.

59 minutes ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

Wouldn't mind the homeless as much as our experience a few years ago at this hotel - Young girl maybe 20ish sitting on the curb just past the driveway on side road leading to the supermarket/shopping - asking people for help paying for a ride - offered to help her at the hotel taxi stand, she walked away when we refused to just give her cash.  She was in  the same spot the next morning - different clothes but still dressed like she was selling herself.  We asked "did you ever get a ride yesterday" she proceeded to curse at us - hotel security called the police.

We find it best not to make eye contact or engage in conversation in certain situations.

Ten years ago the Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites was a nice place. Pricing was reasonable and the building was in great condition. It now needs a through cleanup and some updating. The rooms are tired and need to be refreshed.

• Like 2