Nearly Live from Oosterdam Med Empires June 13th - 25th.

VMax1700

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

I should warn N. American cruisers going on Oosterdam in the coming weeks, that you will only get milk for your coffee or tea.  No cream.  No half & half.

I am not N. American but this news is not pleasing to me. But thanks for the warning. 

I have enjoyed following this thread and will miss it when your vacation ends. Thank you very much for taking us along, and safe trip home. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@VMax1700Thank you very much for your posts.  Overall,  what did you think of the ship’s condition?  Was the room up to high standards?  Any maintenance problems you could see?

Considering booking my first TA on the Oosterdam Spanish Farewell cruise.  Love smaller ships and enjoyed the Zuiderdam Panama Canal in February. (Celebrated my bday the day of the transit.  Happy bday to you! We were both lucky to be sailing on our special day.)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

I should have said it earlier, but towel animals with eyes are back.   Recyclable eyes!

DSCN2696.thumb.JPG.e21dd56ffa48abb0af039d212a24b4db.JPG

Colin - Happy birthday!!!!  🎂🥂       Thanks for all your reporting and for picture

of towel animal!   Safe journey home!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, aaaaa said:

Were the cabins renovated during the recent dry dock?

Well, ours has not been renovated (Signature Suite), but it is still in good condition.  It is perhaps a little drab and dreary, but everything works as it should.  The only item that is worn out is the make up mirror that is mounted at the desk.  (how does a mirror wear out??)

The air con is a little iffy and requires adjustment several times a day, but we would be very happy to be in this room again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Nancy&Frank said:

Can you tell me how much the transfers from the ship to Rome airport is ?
Thanks much 🙂

Sorry, but we are transferring to Venice Marco Polo airport, so I cannot comment on Rome.  Also, our transfers are complementary as we booked prior to HAL moving the embark/disembark port from Venice to Trieste.

If you are looking to transfer in Rome to FCO airport, perhaps you should look at a private transfer with a company like 'Stefano's Rome Cabs' who we have used numerous times and give an excellent service.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday, sorry to hear about milk only for coffee. We get on the Oosterday in Athens 2 July. Thanks for posting have enjoyed following along. Safe trip home. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy birthday Colin! Thanks so much for the excellent reporting from your cruise.  I wish I was there, but am looking forward to mine on Nieuw Statendam in August!

Safe travels home.

Laura

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This notice was on Navigator this morning.  Information about Trieste, and open gangway.

We are docked today at the same location we departed from on 13th June.

We were asked by Italian officials to produce our passports when reboarding the ship. They specifically matched the name on the passport to the name on the ships keycard.

Screenshot_20220624-080604_Navigator.thumb.jpg.09d3712b9ed29614bff3e38a7da8c06b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 0106 said:

@VMax1700Thank you very much for your posts.  Overall,  what did you think of the ship’s condition?  Was the room up to high standards?  Any maintenance problems you could see?

Considering booking my first TA on the Oosterdam Spanish Farewell cruise.  Love smaller ships and enjoyed the Zuiderdam Panama Canal in February. (Celebrated my bday the day of the transit.  Happy bday to you! We were both lucky to be sailing on our special day.)

Overall the ships condition is between good and excellent.  New carpeting in public areas.  Neither of us found a public toilet that was not working (not that we were specifically looking for them 🤫).

I think the only downside was the condition of the corridor walls on the stateroom decks.  The colouring is drab and the dark wood does not help.  It's not dirty, just worn and slightly sad looking.

We are already booked on this years TA from Barcelona in November (long story) and really are going to have to think about the lack of entertainment and seven consecutive sea days, even if we lose the huge amount of OBC that we have accumulated with various previous cancellations and re assigned ships.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

We are already booked on this years TA from Barcelona in November (long story) and really are going to have to think about the lack of entertainment and seven consecutive sea days, even if we lose the huge amount of OBC that we have accumulated with various previous cancellations and re assigned ships.

I appreciate your honest assessment.  

• Like 1

@VMax1700Thank you for your incredibly helpful reviews and answers to questions during your cruise.  It will be invaluable for our upcoming cruise on Oosterdam this summer.

Please let us know how the disembarkation and transfers work out back to VCE.  In particular, we would like to know what time the earliest transfers depart tomorrow morning, since we have a noon flight from VCE and are concerned about making it to the airport on time.

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Don’t you dare cancel - we’ll have fun and with luck the entertainment will be much better.  That’s been my experience in the past on TA’s and hope it will be the same on this one 🤞 🙏🏻 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2022 at 9:19 AM, VMax1700 said:

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me,

happy birthday VMax Colin

Happy birthday to me.

(apologies if I am being too self indulgent! 🤐)

DSCN2693.thumb.JPG.86d90c42fe26e37fe5633e40290d4053.JPG

Just delivered by Room Service 😁

Oh so sorry I missed this yesterday.

A very happy belated birthday to you, Colin

DAEF11DE-28AC-4CA4-BAA0-F92DC87AD6E4.jpeg.d8d08371894f1ac39ec1b2cdf519fb14.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1