repricing cruise after booking

jkx

Hello all! 
Quick question, on my last cruise in December (covid policies), I was able to call RCL (I book direct)to get a price difference refund when I saw the price of the cruise go down after I booked it. Am I still able to do this on future cruises even without Cruise with Confidence? Thanks!

Yep, I did it twice for my cruise that leaves in 11 days. Dropped on Cyber Monday and I saved like $500 total and then it dropped again about a month again, after final payment, and I got the difference in onboard credit. Now, assuming no one tests positive before we leave, we have $345 to spend onboard. 

• Like 1

CWC has nothing to do with price drops other than with being able, by 48 hours prior to sailing, to secure an OBC for price drops after final payment.

The RCCL policy has been, and remains, that price decreases prior to final payment can be repriced to the lower fare either by contacting your TA, or RCCL if booked directly.  But it is not automatic, you need to ask to have it repriced.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

CWC has nothing to do with price drops other than with being able, by 48 hours prior to sailing, to secure an OBC for price drops after final payment.

The RCCL policy has been, and remains, that price decreases prior to final payment can be repriced to the lower fare either by contacting your TA, or RCCL if booked directly.  But it is not automatic, you need to ask to have it repriced.

This is correct. I'm on hold now with my TA who is requesting a price drop adjustment before my final payment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, footzz said:

This is correct. I'm on hold now with my TA who is requesting a price drop adjustment before my final payment.

Which you will get. Nice when that happens!

But as a separate comment, any price decrease has to be within the same booking method as the original fare.  In other words, some price drops may be available only for NRD v refundable deposit fares and if you booked as a refundable deposit, in order to get the new price you have to rebook as NRD.  I only add this as there have been times where that has been the case and the refundable deposit fare remained unchanged.   But if it is at final payment, it's probably worth rebooking.  You just have to check to be sure.

Contacted my Agent. Have already paid in full but cruise is only on July 28th. She said she will put in a request for lower fare. Hoping for the best. 3 cabins, same rate-category as lower price is now. Even if it is only onboard credit we will not be able to use it all because the price difference is so much and we have pre-paid  all excursions.

At least WiFi and drinks will be covered. Keeping my fingers crossed.

How is everyone getting their cruise repriced? I called RC multiple times and they said anything booked after 3/31/22 is no longer eligible for lower fares, unless it’s within 48 hours of booking. I booked Wonder OTS 4/7/22, leaving Port Canaveral 2/5/23, have not paid in full, and now the cruise is $348 less. No to a lower fare, and no to onboard credit for the difference. 

Edited by Thisguylikestocruise

14 minutes ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

How is everyone getting their cruise repriced? I called RC multiple times and they said anything booked after 3/31/22 is no longer eligible for lower fares, unless it’s within 48 hours of booking. I booked Wonder OTS 4/7/22, have not paid in full, and now the cruise is $348 less. No to a lower fare, and no to onboard credit for the difference. 

CWC applies only to issuing an OBC for price drops after final payment, and as you indicate, that program only applies to all cruises booked by 3/31/22 and sailing by 9/30/22.

It has always (in our experience) been a standard policy that price decreases in fares prior to final payment will be honored by contacting your TA or RCCL if booked directly.  Unless it is a completely new policy, if they are telling you that your Wonder cruise cannot be adjusted, the rep you are talking with is incorrect.  (Very likely relatively new and not completely trained).  Try again.

And BTW it will be issued as an adjusted fare - not as an OBC.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

11 minutes ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

How is everyone getting their cruise repriced? I called RC multiple times and they said anything booked after 3/31/22 is no longer eligible for lower fares, unless it’s within 48 hours of booking. I booked Wonder OTS 4/7/22, leaving Port Canaveral 2/5/23, have not paid in full, and now the cruise is $348 less. No to a lower fare, and no to onboard credit for the difference. 

Call back  They gave you wrong info

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

unless it’s within 48 hours of booking.

Like some on here, it seems that RCI CSR is confusing the price match guarantee with price drops - two different things.

• Like 1

Yes you can call to reprice...however when I've done it recently it takes a lot longer to do as the rep that answers has to put you on hold and another dept has to make the adjustment. It used to be much easier and less time consuming.

• Like 1

Price drops before final payment are alive and well, living in the hold lines of RCCL's Customer Support reps.

The problem I have had in the past is they can't "find" the same price I'm seeing online.  So, I have started giving them (or the TA) line by line of the pricing details I'm seeing, with any potential discounts.  It goes like this:

"Make sure to enter senior, C&A number, promo DP340 for a solo passenger, California.  The price I'm seeing is $X for the base fare, 'this much for the discounts' (listed by name and amounts)." Then I politely offer to send them the screen shot that includes the date and all the information I just gave them over the phone.  

You may lose some obc if you booked during a WOW sale, so that has to be factored into your bottom line amount.

I got a $99 price drop last week, and it took 2 calls on 2 days to get it.

I just browse through CruiseCritic while I'm waiting.

Wow thanks for the advice everyone. I was able to get a lower fare. Saved $418 on Wonder OTS. Took 5 minutes, had the best customer service experience, one of the friendliest and most helpful people I’ve ever talked to at RC. Whoever it was deserves a pay raise. Seems the magic word to use is reprice. 

Edited by Thisguylikestocruise
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, BVILady said:

Contacted my Agent. Have already paid in full but cruise is only on July 28th. She said she will put in a request for lower fare. Hoping for the best. 3 cabins, same rate-category as lower price is now. Even if it is only onboard credit we will not be able to use it all because the price difference is so much and we have pre-paid  all excursions.

At least WiFi and drinks will be covered. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Not sure ehat your agent is doing but they have access to an automated system and if your booking is eligible for a price drop it is done automatically.  All they need to do in most cases is enter your reservation number and if the price is lower the obc for the difference is automatically added to your booking within seconds. 

• Like 3

She said she will have to put in a form to get the reduced price. As with pcur she wasn't able to find the price on her platform. Being on skype I wasn't able to send her any screen=shot. She said they will get back to me within 3 days. Will not be happy if I don't get it but it will not be something I will let rise up my blood pressure.

17 hours ago, Ashland said:

Yes you can call to reprice...however when I've done it recently it takes a lot longer to do as the rep that answers has to put you on hold and another dept has to make the adjustment. It used to be much easier and less time consuming.

I have found that usually happens when the category you are booked in is sold out.... they can't find the price until they call whatever department that is.

Just adding my experiences to the thread and to vent.

RC doesn't make price drops easy does it?  I'm on my 3rd agent today and she's just put me on hold for the 2nd time.   I specifically asked for a price drop and she keeps quoting CWC T&C at me.

Well, yes - I do know I booked after March 31 - that's why I didn't ask about CWC 🙄 

And to rub salt into the wound, she's just confirmed how much I could have saved if only I'd booked earlier. 

I may have to give up for today and try someone else tomorrow. 

I really despair sometimes.

On 6/10/2022 at 5:33 AM, vjmatty said:

I have found that usually happens when the category you are booked in is sold out.... they can't find the price until they call whatever department that is.

Not on the repricing I've done lately or exact cabin category change...It seems to take the RCI a "Village" to do anything !!