Big news on testing!

MustangGT

54 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

It's interesting, when I was booking tests from CVS they didn't ask if I was being tested for travel, they only asked "Are you seeking a COVID-19 test because of high transmission rates and difficulty maintaining recommended social distancing?"

I think they key is to answer 'yes' to that question so testing will be free.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

And I checked CVS in NE Florida and it said I did not qualify for a free test....we did in December but not now.
Walgreens, however, is still offering free tests.

Walgreens in my home town has a sign that says no Covid testing at this site.

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

And I checked CVS in NE Florida and it said I did not qualify for a free test....we did in December but not now.
Walgreens, however, is still offering free tests.

Perhaps your right. I only checked the first page of the CVS web page.

I'll see if it'll allows me to make an appointment & report back.

• Like 2

Escaped the cold and rain on Northbound,found rain and cold on Southbound, Room steward disappeared  2 days before Vancouver, Covid on return home. Wife tested positive on Antigen, I got free CVS PCR due to close contact . Thankfully no testing for flight home, I'm still waiting for results.

Double boosted, all my wife has is a tickle in her throat and an occasional cough.

2 hours ago, SomewhereGirl said:

I just checked it for my area and answered the question as "yes". The test is still free for us and it showed dates for the next 5 days open for my closest CVS. There were also many more CVS's available if I wants to drive a little further but I didn't check for any dates. 

Strange that it would be free for my area and not all over the state.  

On 6/10/2022 at 9:16 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

I guess we’ll just have to keep our masks on when flying back home and stay up to date with our boosters. But I have to say our stress level just went down big time not having to worry if we were all going to be able to fly back home after our upcoming family Med cruise.

But at the same time, no C19 tests have ever been required on domestic flights which can sometimes be 3-4 hours, even longer if you’re flying back from Hawaii.

We are in the air for 7 straight hours flying to Anchorage...no tests required and no masks required.  I'm guessing that's longer sitting in a crowd than even any potential time while cruising.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

It's interesting, when I was booking tests from CVS they didn't ask if I was being tested for travel, they only asked "Are you seeking a COVID-19 test because of high transmission rates and difficulty maintaining recommended social distancing?"

Medicare Part B should still cover the cost of a test.

Are you sure?  What if you have a Medicare Advantage Plan?  
It asked if we have in insurance and asked if we had Medicaid but as you said,  no questions about travel.

3 hours ago, SomewhereGirl said:

You may be right....will have to try that and see what it says.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Walgreens in my home town has a sign that says no Covid testing at this site.

The test we need is  not at all Walgreen apparently but we have a zillion Walgreens here!

On 6/10/2022 at 11:25 AM, drowelf said:

The free tests that the government will send you are not valid for cruises or other forms of travel that required certified results. 

On 6/10/2022 at 1:14 PM, Tedferg said:

Isn't there a site that will do proctoring for these kits?

On 6/10/2022 at 4:42 PM, tutumomickey said:

Yes there is. If I can post the name it is ' OnPoint'.The  proctor fee is only14$.

Yes $13.99 at OnPoint which proctores any unopened test but that cost is not reimbursed by my health insurance. https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/

FWIW the state testing site has appointments wide open ... no takers / no cost / patients choose between Antigen & PCR.  I've booked 1 bc it's free but hoping I can still get the Antigen at the Drs which is still free-to-me as my insurance covers labs tests 100% and it's near my deli. Get tested, pick up deli order, have results by the time I get home

9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Yes $13.99 at OnPoint which proctores any unopened test but that cost is not reimbursed by my health insurance. https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/

FWIW the state testing site has appointments wide open ... no takers / no cost / patients choose between Antigen & PCR.  I've booked 1 bc it's free but hoping I can still get the Antigen at the Drs which is still free-to-me as my insurance covers labs tests 100% and it's near my deli. Get tested, pick up deli order, have results by the time I get home

Really?  It says even with at home tedts, unopened.  Says $9.99 online today.

Anyone tried this with a cruise for PCL?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Really?  It says even with at home tedts, unopened.  Says $9.99 online today.

Anyone tried this with a cruise for PCL?

Dropped AGAIN?? 13.99 last week!! Bargain.

21 hours ago, ontheweb said:

That should read the testing requirement if entering the US by air as that was what is ending; there were no testing requirements for entering by other means.

you are correct the new announcement cover aircraft citizens returning to the USA by air.  Thanks for the clarification

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I just did another check for one of the zip codes in West Palm Beach this morning and this is what I saw.

image.png.d32236fbfdc0dfcfd537837b2c6bbbcc.png

The tests are certainly available, but some places are not giving them for free any more.

17 minutes ago, suzyed said:

The tests are certainly available, but some places are not giving them for free any more.

Shown at the top of the page for making a reservation. But this was for West Palm Beach that someone was asking about.

image.thumb.png.980055498f321da257c651585665bffa.png