How Does a Back to Back Work?

I have a cruise booked on Adventure in Oct to Canada/New England.

I just saw a 5 night to Bermuda on the same ship right before my CNE.

Do I need another PCR test for the second cruise?

If yes, how do I get that done?

Do I have to take all my luggage off the ship and go through check in again if it’s a different room booked?

Thanks in advance!

Typically, when the first cruise is over, you meet in a designated area (or wait in your cabin, whichever they tell you). As a group, all B2B cruisers exit the ship, go through Customs and then check in for the new cruise before arriving passengers are processed. You return to the ship and enjoy the empty space (like pool area) before the masses board.

Definitely easier to keep the same cabin, but your room steward will be very helpful if you do have to move. (All this while turning over all their assigned cabins.  What sports these hard workers are.)

(Testing rules are only as certain as what they announce for your cruise.  Most cruise lines have tested B2B cruisers onboard before the end of the cruise, before the next leg.)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alohayall said:

Testing rules are only as certain as what they announce for your cruise.  Most cruise lines have tested B2B cruisers onboard before the end of the cruise, before the next leg.)

OP says they are on rcl and rcl right now does not require another covid test between b2b for those vaccinated.  

• Like 3

Pre-cruise doesn’t need to be a pcr, can be  rapid antigen test. Currently no testing on b2b.  About a day or 2 before the end of your 1st cruise you'll get instructions on what to do on turnover day.  If moving only need to pack things in drawers and bathroom.  Discuss with your cabin attendant that you are b2b and where you're moving to and they will take care of everything.  Remember to empty your safe! Also you will have access to your cabin before newly boarding passengers do.  Sometimes they will offer you lunch in the mdr.  

A day or two before your second cruise there will be a meeting of everyone who is doing the back to back.  The process for your cruise will be explained to you at that time.

since your are sailing out of a U S port, you will be required to leave the ship, go to a special waiting area in the terminal and once all previous passengers are off the ship, you will be allowed to go back aboard. 
if you are changing rooms, you will pack any items you do not want to keep in your possession, and leave your bags in your room.  Anything that you have on hangers in the closet does not need to be packed.  The crew, usually a room steward, will transfer these items to your new room.

please make sure that you empty the safe and take any valuable items, along with passports and other documentation that will be needed to reboard with you. 

• Like 1

Canada, I don't know. I only know about Bermuda after having read someone's posts a while ago. I don't know how difficult it is to accomplish what's needed. I've only been doing Caribbean out of Florida where I live at this point.

7 minutes ago, NRWPA said:

Just now, NRWPA said:

Canada, I don't know. I only know about Bermuda after having read someone's posts a while ago. I don't know how difficult it is to accomplish what's needed. I've only been doing Caribbean out of Florida where I live at this point.

Just returned for the Mariner Bermuda cruise.  Royal will send a link for the Bermuda authorization. It can be started 30 days prior to the cruise. You fill out the form, upload your vaccination information and pay $40 pp .  We were told we would have to upload the pre cruise Covid test, but then learned that wouldn't be necessary.   We were also told we would need to re-test on bard ( RCCL would take care of it) because we had a few days and  stops prior to the Bermuda stop, but that requirement  changed while we were on board. 

Read your emails form RCCL and simply follow the Bermuda instructions. 

M

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

Ughhhhh…. And I’m hearing I have to do a form for Canada too?

As of right now, Canada requires you to complete ArriveCan it is free unlike Bermuda as of right now requires a $40 fee for the travel authorization   You do not need to upload the test results just need to upload proof of vaccination. 

You will love doing a b2b.     We started doing them several years ago and I try to do them as often as we can, especially when the itinerary is different for the next sailing.

Moving to another cabin is no big deal.    Most ships will have you pack the items in your draws, toiletries, etc. and anything hanging up they will put on a luggage cart and move those items with your luggage to the new cabin.    

Your account for the first leg will be closed out and a new one will be started for the new cruise. 

On our last b2b on Anthem on March/April all b2bers met in the royal theater at 8:45 am and we were given our new sea pass cards and a customs agent came to the theater and viewed our passports.    We had to hang out until all passengers were off (except for us b2bers) and ship was cleared.    We then had to move to Boleros for another 30 to 45 minutes as they were deep cleaning the ship.    When that was done around 10;30 we were allowed to leave Boleros and do whatever we wanted.     

You will have to complete a new muster drill so we did that as soon as we were allowed to leave Boleros.   

We had a lunch for consecutive cruisers in the MDR at 12 pm.    It is nice but we don't always attend.   If weather permits I enjoy sitting on pool deck and watching all the new passengers board and look lost and look at me like how did she get to the pool already.    

Our last b2b only had about 50 or 60 b2bers.   It varies per sailing.     Some we have had over 200 b2ers.    

If you are Diamond or higher your drink vouchers will reset with your new sea pass card.   So you can use your drink voucher from first leg the morning of "disembarkment" for specialty coffee or a maybe a tequila sunrise and then use your new sea pass after your check in process is completed.    

Enjoy😃

• Like 1

Most ships do NOT have a meeting for consecutive cruisers - just a sheet of paper in your cabin explaining the procedure.

I have NEVER been allowed to just "stay in the cabin" for turnaround.  You always meet in some appointed place.

Even in some US ports, immigration officers come on board and the cruisers never have to leave the ship.

Bottom line:  It's easy.  You will be told on board what to do on your particular ship and voyage.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As of right now, Canada requires you to complete ArriveCan it is free unlike Bermuda as of right now requires a $40 fee for the travel authorization   You do not need to upload the test results just need to upload proof of vaccination. 

You will love doing a b2b.     We started doing them several years ago and I try to do them as often as we can, especially when the itinerary is different for the next sailing.

Moving to another cabin is no big deal.    Most ships will have you pack the items in your draws, toiletries, etc. and anything hanging up they will put on a luggage cart and move those items with your luggage to the new cabin.    

Your account for the first leg will be closed out and a new one will be started for the new cruise. 

On our last b2b on Anthem on March/April all b2bers met in the royal theater at 8:45 am and we were given our new sea pass cards and a customs agent came to the theater and viewed our passports.    We had to hang out until all passengers were off (except for us b2bers) and ship was cleared.    We then had to move to Boleros for another 30 to 45 minutes as they were deep cleaning the ship.    When that was done around 10;30 we were allowed to leave Boleros and do whatever we wanted.     

You will have to complete a new muster drill so we did that as soon as we were allowed to leave Boleros.   

We had a lunch for consecutive cruisers in the MDR at 12 pm.    It is nice but we don't always attend.   If weather permits I enjoy sitting on pool deck and watching all the new passengers board and look lost and look at me like how did she get to the pool already.    

Our last b2b only had about 50 or 60 b2bers.   It varies per sailing.     Some we have had over 200 b2ers.    

If you are Diamond or higher your drink vouchers will reset with your new sea pass card.   So you can use your drink voucher from first leg the morning of "disembarkment" for specialty coffee or a maybe a tequila sunrise and then use your new sea pass after your check in process is completed.    

Enjoy😃

Thank u! That’s sounds so easy. Hope it’s that easy for me. It never is… lol

15 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Most ships do NOT have a meeting for consecutive cruisers - just a sheet of paper in your cabin explaining the procedure.

I have NEVER been allowed to just "stay in the cabin" for turnaround.  You always meet in some appointed place.

Even in some US ports, immigration officers come on board and the cruisers never have to leave the ship.

Bottom line:  It's easy.  You will be told on board what to do on your particular ship and voyage.

Thank you!

Im hoping it will be this easy.

It sounded so annoying having to leave the ship and check in all over again.

21 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

Great information! Thank you all.

Just found out my room isn’t available the week before so I will have to move. 
I will book a guaranty balcony for the 5 night. Save some cash… lol

You can still look for two open cabins, no reason not to move the cabin you are already booked into. Not moving is a blessing.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

Great information! Thank you all.

Just found out my room isn’t available the week before so I will have to move. 
I will book a guaranty balcony for the 5 night. Save some cash… lol

We have experienced this on a few B2Bs, and you may want to check and see if any of the cabins available to book on the first leg are available on the second leg. If you book a GTY, you can be several decks away from your other cabin, and usually won't know where until days before the cruise. Better to book a firm cabin for the first leg than to roll the dice on a GTY.

56 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Better to book a firm cabin for the first leg than to roll the dice on a GTY.

We're rolling the dice on both halves of our July B2B plus we have RoyalUp bids in for both halves...

,,,but I'm a gambler. 🤞

Joking aside, we expect to have to move obviously and aren't too concerned about it. I fully understand why many would want to stay in the same cabin though.

On 6/13/2022 at 7:05 PM, DaKahuna said:

A day or two before your second cruise there will be a meeting of everyone who is doing the back to back.

I haven't seen a Consecutive Cruisers "informational meeting" in ages. They just aren't doing this at all anymore.

To the OP:

They'll leave a letter explaining the process in your room mid-cruise.  If you don't have one by the second to last day, check with Guest Services.

If I have to move rooms, I prefer to go meet the room attendant for my new room a day or two in advance, and make arrangements to bring my luggage to the room myself around 8am on Turn Around Day. I put it in the closet and it's out of their way while they're turning over the room. 

The new room attendant can prioritize my room for turn-around, and then I can come back later in the morning and unpack before the general public has access to their rooms. (You'll get your room key for the second cruise before you get off and back on for Customs.)

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

I haven't seen a Consecutive Cruisers "informational meeting" in ages. They just aren't doing this at all anymore.

To the OP:

They'll leave a letter explaining the process in your room mid-cruise.  If you don't have one by the second to last day, check with Guest Services.

If I have to move rooms, I prefer to go meet the room attendant for my new room a day or two in advance, and make arrangements to bring my luggage to the room myself around 8am on Turn Around Day. I put it in the closet and it's out of their way while they're turning over the room. 

The new room attendant can prioritize my room for turn-around, and then I can come back later in the morning and unpack before the general public has access to their rooms. (You'll get your room key for the second cruise before you get off and back on for Customs.)

So I will have to get off the ship and go through the whole check in process?

someone had mentioned that they met in a lounge and someone came to give them their new cards and check passports. That doesn’t happen?

15 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

So I will have to get off the ship and go through the whole check in process?

someone had mentioned that they met in a lounge and someone came to give them their new cards and check passports. That doesn’t happen?

It could be either depending on the cruise/port.

“The whole process” is mostly just showing your passport. You’re not in the line with new cruisers for that sailing like the 1st leg, you don’t have a covid test result to show b/c you didn’t take one, etc. It’s not a big deal, you might just have to walk off the ship & back on.

• Like 1