51 minutes of my life I'll never get back. ​🤬

I called this morning to cancel one of my reservations, something I've done countless times over the last several months. Except, this time the "process" took the agent 51 minutes to complete! Then she told me that there was a penalty...nope...then she said it would be issued as a credit...nope again...finally the light went on and I was told I'm getting a refund. I can do this whole process with one or two clicks on Carnival or Celebrity!. 🤬

50 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

I called this morning to cancel one of my reservations, something I've done countless times over the last several months. Except, this time the "process" took the agent 51 minutes to complete! Then she told me that there was a penalty...nope...then she said it would be issued as a credit...nope again...finally the light went on and I was told I'm getting a refund. I can do this whole process with one or two clicks on Carnival or Celebrity!. 🤬

Or just use your TA to do it😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

I sail Celebrity a good bit, I was not aware of an online cancellation that customers could initiate…not that I ever want to cancel. 

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I sail Celebrity a good bit, I was not aware of an online cancellation that customers could initiate…not that I ever want to cancel. 

Yep, it's there. Unfortunately, I've done a few of those.

4 hours ago, craig01020 said:

Plus the three minutes it took you to post your complaint on Cruise Critic.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

22 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Plus the three minutes it took you to post your complaint on Cruise Critic.

Few times a Call to Royal was going take me 30+ min I hung up and called later. Last 3 Calls got threw in 2-3 Min, total each Call all under 20min. Did have one take over Hr but had to be done that Day and was Changes or Reductions to 5 Cruises on that Call.

Sorry for your experience. I canceled a refundable cruise Saturday and it only took 3 minutes. (My sister was able to get a $125 RT Southwest ticket from Boston and time off to come visit during the same time interval!) 🙂

Edited by twins_to_alaska
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Sorry for your experience. I canceled a refundable cruise Saturday and it only took 3 minutes. (My sister was able to get a $125 RT Southwest ticket from Boston and time off to come visit during the same time interval!) 🙂

Wow how'd she score that price? I've been looking at tickets to and from Boston on Southwest for this summer and they're like $800-$1200 round trip. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, craig01020 said:

Lesson Learned - don't book a cruise you don't intend to take. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Lesson Learned - don't book a cruise you don't intend to take. 

Why would that be the lesson learned?  If RCI murdered prospective cruisers who attempted to cancel, would your response be equally applicable?

7 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Wow how'd she score that price? I've been looking at tickets to and from Boston on Southwest for this summer and they're like $800-$1200 round trip. 

It was part of the FALL40 sale they had last week. Coming down for long Halloween weekend.

• Like 1

I canceled a TP cruise and the RCL agent told me there would be a $100 penalty. I said, "I don't think there is any penalty for canceling this far out."  They then changed their mind. "Oh, you're correct."  I got my $900 back a few weeks ago.