Live report for Coral Princess 16th June

2 hours ago, Wanderers2 said:

There are 2 possible answers for this. 
First it might be used as Club Class breakfast & lunch venue

Second for those ships without a dedicated Alfredo’s Pizza venue Sabatinis has been having Alfredo’s pizzas at lunch time on sea days.

Might be worth asking if you are into pizza 🍕

Club class is in the Bordeaux dining room fir breakfast lunch and dinner. Sabatini is breakfast for suite passengers

well check sabatini pizza lunch tomorrow. Just had a delicious dinner followed by more decadent desserts. Frank had the pan a cotta and I had the chef’s special which is four sample desserts

8BC1401A-8ADF-4001-86CB-12558AAB63C8.jpeg

CF4A82CF-B6BC-4608-8A88-E9FECCC912F5.jpeg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

They put entertainment on late thinking pax will buy more booze. Who wants to go to bed early on a cruise anway?

You won't have to worry about that on Westerdam. All tucked-up in bed by 10:30. 😂🛌

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

You won't have to worry about that on Westerdam. All tucked-up in bed by 10:30. 😂🛌

What, no midnight karaoke? What about the 3am disco and night club, I want to cut the rug with the Cougars, lol.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Cbtours said:

few other things. The atm on board only dispenses US $$$$ if you draw them the desk can change them. We don’t want to do that as obviously would incur charges.

I must admit, that is a weird combo - an $AU ship with $US in the ATM.

I usually avoid them like the plague anyway, as the bank charge is savage, and I am sure their conversion rate at the desk would be short of special. 

• Like 2

Just now, arxcards said:

I must admit, that is a weird combo - an $AU ship with $US in the ATM.

I usually avoid them like the plague anyway, as the bank charge is savage, and I am sure their conversion rate at the desk would be short of special. 

Me too! It was one chore I didn’t get around too, going to the bank to draw cash to give to our cabin stewards. But I checked and we actually have enough between us to do half decent tip as these guys are phenomenal 

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

I wonder if this was just in comparison to the buffet or MDR. Generally, International cafe has a lot less options than those, and mostly just for a small meal/snack with your coffee

They used to have a decent array of goodies as oopsed to now having just a few varieties sandwiches and two or three sweets items 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Club class is in the Bordeaux dining room fir breakfast lunch and dinner. Sabatini is breakfast for suite passengers

well check sabatini pizza lunch tomorrow. Just had a delicious dinner followed by more decadent desserts. Frank had the pan a cotta and I had the chef’s special which is four sample desserts

8BC1401A-8ADF-4001-86CB-12558AAB63C8.jpeg

CF4A82CF-B6BC-4608-8A88-E9FECCC912F5.jpeg

Dang I should’ve gone to the MDR tonight! Entrees were the only good thing about Bayou (although it’s free so really can’t complain). Steak is a meh…..

Michael

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, eamondzhang said:

Dang I should’ve gone to the MDR tonight! Entrees were the only good thing about Bayou (although it’s free so really can’t complain). Steak is a meh…..

Michael

I hade the prawns there the other night and they were amazing to me

1AEF8EC5-511A-4795-ADB3-6A8513F5D849.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 2:41 PM, Cbtours said:

There were none there today, however there was a bridge and majong session scheduled for this morning so maybe they were out at that.

?

Relaxing Robbie’s…. We went into card room today playing rummikub while our room was prepared as we had to change cabins. I was looking for the library set when I came across about ten large boxes….. full of majong!!!!

I don’t think you will need to bring a set

F98349CA-0868-490F-8F5C-D189807E2260.jpeg

E42D713E-3D85-4ACA-A4C8-75EEC887861E.jpeg

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Some of them were added after mishaps onboard like a lens falling out of my glasses which needed a jewellers screwdriver to fix ( athough a nail file was a good substitute). Then there was the time the nose pad came off my glasses on one side - luckily Carnival could supply superglue to fix it but I added a pack of single shot superglue tubes after that. The sewing kit has replaced a number of Rolf's shirt buttons over the years. 

When I needed repair of glasses just went to the jewellery store onboard and they fixed it for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, valantine80 said:

When I needed repair of glasses just went to the jewellery store onboard and they fixed it for me.

Hard to do that in the middle of the night though. The trusty nail file saved the day but when I saw a cute little screwdriver set in Bunnings one day I decided to add one to my bits and pieces box.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Relaxing Robbie’s…. We went into card room today playing rummikub while our room was prepared as we had to change cabins. I was looking for the library set when I came across about ten large boxes….. full of majong!!!!

I don’t think you will need to bring a set

F98349CA-0868-490F-8F5C-D189807E2260.jpeg

E42D713E-3D85-4ACA-A4C8-75EEC887861E.jpeg

Thanks Irene. I never take a set when we have to fly because they are very heavy.

• Haha 1

Just now, Relaxing Robbies said:

Thanks Irene. I never take a set when we have to fly because they are very heavy.

I’ve never played hence not realising what they were. We take our rummikub everywear but fortunately Frank is such a light packer it can always go in his case lol

• Like 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

I’ve never played hence not realising what they were. We take our rummikub everywear but fortunately Frank is such a light packer it can always go in his case lol

Always take our travel size Rummikub on every cruise. Love this game.

• Haha 1

Just now, doenbucket said:

Always take our travel size Rummikub on every cruise. Love this game.

The travel one is too small for us. We take the times and two racks in a cloth show bag so not too bulky 

6 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Rummikub is a great game, simple but there's a lot of strategy to it as well.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Rummikub is a great game, simple but there's a lot of strategy to it as well.

Absolutely! We love it and we’re both very competitive 🥰

Moir system is we play 10 games in a set, then 5 sets. So like tennis if one wins all three first, they’ve won! Otherwise whoever wins 5 sets wins that round. We have a little notebook that’s been going for few years now totaling scores. One day I’m going to go through the whole book adding them cos you never know I could have been the winner after all 😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

Absolutely! We love it and we’re both very competitive 🥰

Moir system is we play 10 games in a set, then 5 sets. So like tennis if one wins all three first, they’ve won! Otherwise whoever wins 5 sets wins that round. We have a little notebook that’s been going for few years now totaling scores. One day I’m going to go through the whole book adding them cos you never know I could have been the winner after all 😂😂😂

Love your competitive spirit.  Your scoring method will confuse non tennis followers. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Love your competitive spirit.  Your scoring method will confuse non tennis followers. 

Probably, and I’ve never met any other player who uses “our” system. We have never been into adding the totals of the tiles which I think is the official method?

• Like 1