Live report for Coral Princess 16th June

On 6/18/2022 at 11:49 PM, arxcards said:

The first cruise is nearly over - the boomerang cruise has almost come back.

The lower P is a tracking remnant from the shakedown cruise. This cruise has added the upper P and the boomerang.

2010285772_download(4).thumb.png.f6231719d370fe3013db490b0bff7158.png

Not a co-incidence with these. Princess posted their intended chart of the 1st passenger cruise to their social media last night. "Shown by the voyage log, with the ‘P’ for Princess & the Boomerang charted over the 3 day sailing"

2065880301_prboomer.thumb.jpg.a06d471c2a8cebbab753a238788be2eb.jpg

Edited by arxcards
Too many theirs
  • Like 1

Just now, arxcards said:

Not a co-incidence with these. Princess posted their their intended chart of the 1st passenger cruise to their social media last night. "Shown by the voyage log, with the ‘P’ for Princess & the Boomerang charted over the 3 day sailing"

Love it 🥳

11 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hard to do that in the middle of the night though. The trusty nail file saved the day but when I saw a cute little screwdriver set in Bunnings one day I decided to add one to my bits and pieces box.

Have also seen glasses repair kits in shops on board

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I hope it is until 6:30pm. On a couple of the cruises we did in 2019 it was only until 5:30pm which was far too early for us. We're late diners so are usually showering and changing between 5pm and 6pm.

We are late diners also but as there wasn't a dress code we'd  head to the PES  Happy Hour at 5.30 and enjoy a drink and some nibbles then back to the cabin to prepare for the evening. We did get a  PES schedule in our cabin for the whole cruise which showed the signature cocktail and what the chef's specialty was going to be each night. Hopefully they are doing that on this current cruise.

Stu

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

I do! LOL

You can sleep at home, lol.   Likewise pax who insist on solo dining or tables for two, you can do that at home too.  Highlight of cruising is a big table of 6 or 8 in the MDR. fun and frivolity every night.  Pity Princess got rid of traditional fixed early/late dining.  Lining up trying to get a table in ADT does not appeal.  Yes I know, you can ring up and book a table, but not the same.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You can sleep at home, lol.   Likewise pax who insist on solo dining or tables for two, you can do that at home too.  Highlight of cruising is a big table of 6 or 8 in the MDR. fun and frivolity every night.  Pity Princess got rid of traditional fixed early/late dining.  Lining up trying to get a table in ADT does not appeal.  Yes I know, you can ring up and book a table, but not the same.

Each to their own. After sharing many tables over the years when we first started cruising, we came to the conclusion that we preferred to eat on our own. That is why we prefer Club Class as you have tables for two but you can chat to those either side if you feel like it. We have made many friends this way since Club Class was first introduced. 

Jennie

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I too mourn the demise of traditional dining. It was that catalyst for some great friendships, some which only lasted the length of the cruise but others have continued to this day. 
One of my funniest dining stories though, comes from anytime dining. I think it was our  transpacific in 2013. 🤷‍♂️
We always said to the maître d' that we were happy to share a table. One night they apologised that they only had tables for two but that they were really close together. No drama, we’re happy to go with the flow. 
Anyway, at some stage through dinner the lady at the next table says to my wife that I have a doppelgänger somewhere; that I look just like their old neighbour. Yes, you guessed it, they were indeed my neighbours from years ago, before I was married! 🤣

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Aussie Gal said:

Each to their own. After sharing many tables over the years when we first started cruising, we came to the conclusion that we preferred to eat on our own. That is why we prefer Club Class as you have tables for two but you can chat to those either side if you feel like it. We have made many friends this way since Club Class was first introduced. 

Jennie

DW would rather just go to the buffet!

I often end up in the MDR for breakfast while she’s still abed. Other meals are usually a compromise but usually we’re in the MDR in the evening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Gal said:

Jennie

We’re a bit like that too. We’re happy meeting people but also love each other’s company. We’ve only been married almost 14 years, and when you’ve lost lived spouses as we did, you know how short life is. We try to make every day special, so our cruising is as much fir our togetherness rather than to meet others. That said we def having lovely convos with people at next tables etc or in IC eyc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned but not a big issue

if you get a cup of tea or coffee in the Horizon Court yourself and you take sugar they don’t have any of those wooden stirrers and they expect you to use your  cutlery to do the stirring…….no problem in the MDR or other coffee places as your get a tea spoon

2 hours ago, valantine80 said:

Have also seen glasses repair kits in shops on board

Wow would never have thought it, though as I wear glasses all the time I should really start one of those little kits you guys talk about! 

11 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Wow would never have thought it, though as I wear glasses all the time I should really start one of those little kits you guys talk about! 

Having the necessity of carrying emergency glucose jelly beans, and my phone, I gave in to carrying a manbag, which now closely resembles an emergency first aid kit, manicure set, superglue for torn fingernails hers and mine occasionally, sewing kit, mini tool kit, and many other little bits and pieces that life has shown me to be vital when needed.

One of our close friends used to jokingly needle me about carrying it until she gashed her arm in a remote situation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Having the necessity of carrying emergency glucose jelly beans, and my phone, I gave in to carrying a manbag, which now closely resembles an emergency first aid kit, manicure set, superglue for torn fingernails hers and mine occasionally, sewing kit, mini tool kit, and many other little bits and pieces that life has shown me to be vital when needed.

One of our close friends used to jokingly needle me about carrying it until she gashed her arm in a remote situation.

Good on you! Tell me, did you use the sewing kit to sew up the gash? Or the superglue? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

Not a co-incidence with these. Princess posted their intended chart of the 1st passenger cruise to their social media last night. "Shown by the voyage log, with the ‘P’ for Princess & the Boomerang charted over the 3 day sailing"

They certainly didn't go very far north. Only about 3 hours drive from the Port.

2 hours ago, joejoe 59 said:

We have a cold wind blowing here in Tin Can Bay so no shorts for me😀

Ah, ye olde Tin Can Bay, does the Army still have land up there for training and live firing?  I recollect going up there around 1969 whilst in the CMF (Army Reserve of the day.) Had to ride a very uncomfortable Army BSA 500c motorcycle up there, couple of stops on the way.  Saddle sore still, lol.

I am in trouble again for hijacking another thread.🥺

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

I don't know if you have done anytime dining. We have on many cruises and never had to wait more than five minutes in a queue to get to the door. We would usually go by 6pm. If people want to be seated at 7pm they would usually have to wait because the first sitting hasn't finished by then.