Oasis class to Voyager class...

We totally mix it up.   Have been on all classes of RCI ships now, can't say I disliked one over the other.  They all have their individual charms.   If I had to make a choice of a favorite class of ship....tough choice at that...I would say Radiance class.  Not too small, not too large, elegant more traditional cruising style.  

A former CC friend, may she rest in peace, always had an answer to the question..."Which is your favorite ship?"    Her answer....."The ship I am currently on".   Smart lady...I like to think I follow her take on life.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

After I read that Voyager may not have a Promenade, you made me look! We'll be on Voyager in 2024 and I really like the Promenades!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/voyager-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2143/05

Just off EX and Mariner last few months....yes...the promenade is still there.  😉  

In fact EX still has the CL in the old location on deck nine.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Just off EX and Mariner last few months....yes...the promenade is still there.  😉 

WHEW!  Crisis averted!

I never said there was no promenade on Voyager, lol. One poster misunderstood a comment I made and posted about it. Sheesh! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

I think you've gotten your classes mixed up.  Voyager class DOES have the Royal Promenade -- it was the first class that did.  

Voyager class is also first class to have ice show which I love. 

58 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

WHEW!  Crisis averted!

I never said there was no promenade on Voyager, lol. One poster misunderstood a comment I made and posted about it. Sheesh! 🤣

I knew what you meant my friend.  😉 

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

I knew what you meant my friend.  😉 

That's "mysterious friend" to you. 😁

I know ya did. I quoted you but it wasn't really directed at you.

• Like 1

Voyager of the seas was our first cruise and got us hooked .

Tried Freedom class and liked that even better.

Then the Serenade ...  no promenade , not going back on that class .

Then came Oasis class , and we havent cruised any other class since. 

Would we cruise Voyager , i dont think i could go back after Oasis class.🙂

Just now, loman said:

Voyager of the seas was our first cruise and got us hooked .

Tried Freedom class and liked that even better.

Then the Serenade ...  no promenade , not going back on that class .

Then came Oasis class , and we havent cruised any other class since.

This was pretty similar to my experience. Voyager was my first cruise as well.

No interest if there's not a promenade (exception made for Alaska in 2018 b/c the cruise came after 10 days on land and we weren't there for the ship so it wasn't a big deal).

Have sailed nothing but Oasis-class since 2017 other than the above exception.

All that said, we're doing a B2B on Independence next month and I'm actually looking forward to dropping back down a class, although there were several more prominent reasons we booked it.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

WHEW!  Crisis averted!

I think I started all this when I replied to @death_star's post:

16 hours ago, death_star said:

I've been on all of the classes now and it really depends on what you like to do. Obviously if you like the boardwalk and central park and aqua shows and the extra restaurants then you're not going to find those on anything else. 

That being said I think the sweet spot is in-between the voyager and freedom class. The centrum ships are nice and all but I like the promenade flow. Quantum and Oasis just seem too big with too many offerings and sort of lose the cruise feel to me due to the pax numbers and distinct "zones". 

I misunderstood his "in-between" comment.  I thought he was saying there was a class of ships slotted between Voyager and Freedom, and insinuating that Voyager only had a Centrum and no Promenade.  What he meant (I believe) was across the RCCL fleet, Voyager and Freedom are the sweet-spots because smaller ships lack the promenade and larger hips are just too big.  

So, i hope I got that right and I sincerely apologize for all the confusion over the Promenade.  For those who lost sleep over this, I owe you a drink.  Just find me at the bar on my next cruise and I'll take care of it.  😄

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, nferr said:

The Voyager class ships also have that beautiful multi level main dining room. The newer ships have smaller multiple main dining rooms.

The only ships with multiple MDRs (Chic, The Grande, American Icon, Silk) are Quantum class (Quantum, Anthem, Ovation).

1 hour ago, rudeney said:

I think I started all this when I replied to @death_star's post:

I misunderstood his "in-between" comment.  I thought he was saying there was a class of ships slotted between Voyager and Freedom, and insinuating that Voyager only had a Centrum and no Promenade.  What he meant (I believe) was across the RCCL fleet, Voyager and Freedom are the sweet-spots because smaller ships lack the promenade and larger hips are just too big.  

So, i hope I got that right and I sincerely apologize for all the confusion over the Promenade.  For those who lost sleep over this, I owe you a drink.  Just find me at the bar on my next cruise and I'll take care of it.  😄

Exactly right. Those 2 classes with the Promenade are the best combination of things I feel.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

The only ships with multiple MDRs (Chic, The Grande, American Icon, Silk) are Quantum class (Quantum, Anthem, Ovation).

Ahh, no wonder. Was on Anthem in February. Thought all the newer ships followed that pattern.

3 minutes ago, nferr said:

Ahh, no wonder. Was on Anthem in February. Thought all the newer ships followed that pattern.

Quantum class is very different from the other newer classes.

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

That I do know. Haven't tried Oasis class. Doing the Anthem again in November. Might do the Adventure in September, I'm very familiar with the Voyager class as we cruised frequently from NY when my kids were younger. I'm 80 miles from the port which makes it pretty easy.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I thought i would like this class , went on one cruise and back to Oasis class.

Newark airport was only a one hour flight too.

13 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I don't think you understand.  Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class all have multi-level dining rooms.  They all have the same menu, but they have different names and are located on different decks.

We were on Wonder in March, next week we will be on Voyager and then our next ship will be Norwegian Sun. So for us it doesn't really matter. Just like someone said, the best ship is the one I'm currently on. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

I don't think you understand.  Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class all have multi-level dining rooms.  They all have the same menu, but they have different names and are located on different decks.

They no longer have names, it seems. We were on Mariner on the Deck 3 Dining Room and saw the statue of Georg and Maria on the Grand Staircase, which is when we realized that this used be the Sound of Music dining room.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, flamingos said:

I don't think I'll ever get over Voyager being called 'small'.  🙂

When the ships including Monarch and Majesty came out....they were called the "largest cruise ships in the world".  😉 

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We will now sail only on Oasis class ships- we are not happy with the older smaller ships.  Less to offer, restaurant choices not good.

Us too . It takes less time to book a cruise as you dont have to sift through the other offerings with other class of ships .

We only look at sailings out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

Narrows it down pretty good.🙂