Sail & Sign card or wrist band?

Megan_Strick

1 hour ago, CruisingFromLA said:

My cell phone case has a slot in the back that holds credit cards, so I just put the S&S card there. linky. I love the Spigen ones. Never understood why people still use lanyards, this is so much more convenient. 

I didn't think about the slots in the phone. Perfect. I'll just get one that attaches then I can take it off after the curise

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

No, they don't.  I can book a regular room, chat up front desk at check in, ask if there are any complimentary upgrades and show my appreciation with a tip and head to a make fancier room with a view, a balcony or even a suite.  An app can't do that. 

I am not sure what you're referring to that they don't, but you can certainly upgrade your room with most hotels on their app. Especially Hilton & Marriott properties. 

1 hour ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

This is what I do. Silk scrunchies in multiple colors with key ring. Goes with all my outfits and I can just take it off my wrist and hand it to a bartender.

This is a great idea!!

I do wear a lanyard because a lot of my cruise clothes don’t have pockets. However, I’d love a wristband! 

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I use a hair coil with a key ring and attach my card there around my wrist. I hate lanyards. 

My husband balks at a hair coil, so we use this. Same principle.... on the wrist, easy to hand to the server. 🙂

61gpTj7GQOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Prefer the card.  We keep them as souvenirs.

Have them from all of our cruises.

Don't want to have to wear something on my wrist all the time.

CARD for me: I collect the stupid things
and have a collection worthy of note. Seriously.

I'm trying to figure out

how my future collection of wrist-bands
will be stored in an album. lol

Card goes in wallet.

Wallet goes in left hand pants pocket.
OH the sheer burden of it all!
It's scary -and breaks me out in a sweat every time
I have to exert all that energy and burn calories to get it out!

'First World Problem' I reckon.........

Card and lanyard with detachable clip on bottom. Sign and sail is needed for too much stuff and it's handy and secure with a lanyard. It also helps identify you as a cruise passenger while on excursions or in port. Some believe that may make you look like a tourist or "target" but I find the opposite to be true. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Card and lanyard with detachable clip on bottom. Sign and sail is needed for too much stuff and it's handy and secure with a lanyard. It also helps identify you as a cruise passenger while on excursions or in port. Some believe that may make you look like a tourist or "target" but I find the opposite to be true. 

Exact same here! 👍

Choosing between the two I would keep the card because I don't want to wear anything on my wrist. The ones in Mexico didn't bother me. But the one virgin voyages is using sure would. My preference would be to be able to just use your phone. I do have a card for every cruise I've been on and I'd like to keep that up. I'd be willing to pay 5 or 10 dollars for a souvenir card each cruise.

I like pockets.  I don’t buy clothes that don’t have pockets, including dresses.  I want my pants to have back pockets for my phone.

4 hours ago, Aplmac said:

CARD for me: I collect the stupid things
and have a collection worthy of note. Seriously.

I'm trying to figure out

how my future collection of wrist-bands
will be stored in an album. lol

Card goes in wallet.

Wallet goes in left hand pants pocket.
OH the sheer burden of it all!
It's scary -and breaks me out in a sweat every time
I have to exert all that energy and burn calories to get it out!

'First World Problem' I reckon.........

Remember those paper chain garlands we used to make in kindergarten for the Christmas tree?  Do that with the wristbands.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Number12 said:

I use a small cross body purse to carry my phone and card,

or a slightly larger one that holds my kindle too. 

And you're probably

going to carry that purse anyway -card or no card!

They're always trying to build a better mousetrap,

even though it's been perfect already, and for ages now!

IS the card system broken?

NO it isn't. Leave it alone.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

IS the card system broken?

NO it isn't. Leave it alone.

Well. Right now it’s quite frequent that cards are peeling and you have to go to guest services and get them replaced. It would be a time and money saver if they aren’t having to purchase, print, seal and deliver thousands of cards on every ship every embarkation day.

But I really would like to get to a day when bartenders are not handling a bunch of nasty cards just before they touch things they put in my drink. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I made a joke about this on our last cruise but lanyard or not we pretty clearly stand out as tourists anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Well. Right now it’s quite frequent that cards are peeling and you have to go to guest services and get them replaced. It would be a time and money saver if they aren’t having to purchase, print, seal and deliver thousands of cards on every ship every embarkation day.

But I really would like to get to a day when bartenders are not handling a bunch of nasty cards just before they touch things they put in my drink. 

Me thinks the peeling cards are old stock. They will be used up sooner or later.

Personally I'm a little concerned when I see a bartender holding someone's monkey.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Me thinks the peeling cards are old stock. They will be used up sooner or later.

Personally I'm a little concerned when I see a bartender holding someone's monkey.

It’s all the same. That, a lanyard, a card that’s been in someone’s bra. I say eliminate it all.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Right now it’s quite frequent that cards are peeling

and you have to go to guest services and get them replaced.

Solution to the peeling problem:

Get away from the cost-cutting on laminate/glue

and watch the peeling stop dead in its tracks.

Get back to what was in use 5-7 years ago
when peeling simply was not a problem!

People have no idea
the silly extremes to which Corporations are going
to save 6.4 cents on every 100 cards issued.

• Like 1