Vaccine Cards

INeedAMaiTai

My card won't upload in the system, and is totally thrashed.  I don't have the opportunity to get another before my trip.  Do you think there will be an issue?  I have a picture of it, but nothing in the actual CDC system.

2 hours ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

My card won't upload in the system, and is totally thrashed.  I don't have the opportunity to get another before my trip.  Do you think there will be an issue?  I have a picture of it, but nothing in the actual CDC system.

For something so important, how did you let this happen? If you in fact did get a card from the CDC then go online to retrieve the info. This should not be rocket science. Where did you get the shots? Walgreens/CVS/Rite aid/Sam's club, etc. Any legit health care place you had this done should have this info. on hand in their system. Lastly, when is the trip? Why did you wait so long? Tough questions, but this, I hate falls on you for waiting too long.  Perhaps the card will no longer be needed. Where's your TA in all of this?

• Like 1

You do not need the actual card.  Without it you do need a record with your name and birth date and list of the shots/dates.  I do not believe a photo is adequate.  Check the Health and Advisory FAQs and there's a question that addresses this issue.  

Edited by SummerPerk

7 hours ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

What do you mean "won't upload?" That implies to me you have the card in your possession but are having problems uploading it.

What does "totally thrashed" mean? It has been throigh the washing machine and is now just soggy paper? If it is really "totally thrashed," then what were you trying to upload?

6 hours ago, nini said:

@INeedAMaiTai Do you or do you not have your hard copy vaccination card? If not, then you can do what @Ombud said. Valifornia, Oregon and Washington have the records availble. We have both. Princess and the airlines actually preferred our hard copy.

This is what California 's looks like and PCL has accepted mine (I think @INeedAMaiTailives in California) 

20220526_191001~2.jpg

Also my app still says pending which is irrelevant as the port can't see it anyway. They just need:

Screenshot_20220620-041846_Chrome.thumb.jpg.620a12ea9b352d3fda0296bbcd807d3d.jpg

Edited by Ombud

In Florida, I was able to get a replacement on the spot at the pharmacy where I got vaccinated.  I was able to get the NYS digital record by going on line where I was asked some questions and viola! I now had a digital record with a QR code.  If you were vaccinated in California, try to see if your info is already in their state data base and if you can download digital verification as @Ombud wrote.

When I sailed out of FLL, Princess took the digital NYS record, they never asked to see the CDC card.

39 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I tried it using my phone and email and it didn't work either way. It would be nice to have as a backup but it appears to be for only for California people. 

If you were vaccinated in Florida, then you cannot get one.  Florida banned vaccine passports.  I got vaccinated in St Augustine, but when I gave the vaccine info to my doctor's office in NY, they entered that info into the NYS database, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get the NY digital passport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I tried it using my phone and email and it didn't work either way. It would be nice to have as a backup but it appears to be for only for California people. 

Yes. OP's profile says she is a Californian. If you want the same thing for Floridians then ask your governor for one. I'm sure he'll oblige. 

• Haha 7

14 hours ago, rbtan said:

For something so important, how did you let this happen? If you in fact did get a card from the CDC then go online to retrieve the info. This should not be rocket science. Where did you get the shots? Walgreens/CVS/Rite aid/Sam's club, etc. Any legit health care place you had this done should have this info. on hand in their system. Lastly, when is the trip? Why did you wait so long? Tough questions, but this, I hate falls on you for waiting too long.  Perhaps the card will no longer be needed. Where's your TA in all of this?

How about providig a link to the CDC

19 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

How about providig a link to the CDC

CDC does not keep a record of individual vaccinations.  Only state data bases do.  OP's best bet is to contact whoever vaccinated the OP and request a replacement.  As I mentioned earlier, I had no problem at all getting a duplicate card from the pharmacy where I got vaccinated.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Yes. OP's profile says she is a Californian. If you want the same thing for Floridians then ask your governor for one. I'm sure he'll oblige. 

Only for the things that are important.

Sorry for the delayed response.  I received the J&J shot from a community center, and then booster from CVS.  I have email inquiries into the center on how to get the info.  My card is legible, but so worn from having to carry it with me and show it constantly (had to use it to go anywhere in LA county for awhile).  I'm not going to overthink it, and it'll be fine (according to my Princess person).  I just know this might be an issue for others too, and was interested in getting everyone's thoughts since this is my go-to for cruise questions and issue.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

Sorry for the delayed response.  I received the J&J shot from a community center, and then booster from CVS.  I have email inquiries into the center on how to get the info.  My card is legible, but so worn from having to carry it with me and show it constantly (had to use it to go anywhere in LA county for awhile).  I'm not going to overthink it, and it'll be fine (according to my Princess person).  I just know this might be an issue for others too, and was interested in getting everyone's thoughts since this is my go-to for cruise questions and issue.

Liz, if you ever want a permanent digital card then you can get one in less than 5 minutes from home as you are a Californian.  No need to think. Your card is waiting online at https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov

• Like 2

I haven't heard of any Californian vaxed in California not getting it from that site. I got my shots from 3 private sites (Walgreens, Safeway, Kaiser) and they all reported. R got his from CVS & a drive thru state site & got his there. If Liz tries and doesn't get it, then we'll know LA basin is different 

Edited by Ombud

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

The military do not report vaccinations.   We have had most vaccinations at a Military Hospital and nothing at all in the database.   

I will correct posts to state if vaxed in California, Oregon, or Washington at non-military sites to check it out. 

• Like 1