CDC currently reviewing pre-cruise testing.

Robjame

3 minutes ago, ridge4 said:

@LHT28, thank you, I see it in the FAQ.  I will feel better about it when the other links are updated. 

Yes  it is very confusing

Oceania is not known for it's communication skills 🤔

I just received this email from Oceania regarding our cruise departing from Copenhagen on August 24:

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

We have an important update to share with you about revisions to our embarkation testing policy. Effective August 1, 2022, Oceania Cruises will no longer require guests to produce a negative covid test to embark their cruise, subject to local regulations. 

Please Note: Voyages embarking from Canada and Greece as well as those sailing to Bermuda, will still require a negative covid test at embarkation, until further notice. 

The relaxing of this policy is in line with the greater travel industry around the globe as society continues to return to a post-pandemic state of normalcy. Testing is not required to fly or stay in a hotel or dine at a restaurant, and now, as a general rule, guests will no longer be required to test to board one of our ships. 

With the advent of vaccinations and widely available therapeutics, travelers can and should travel with confidence and peace of mind. While this requirement is relaxed, Oceania Cruises continues to strongly urges all guests to test at their convenience prior to travel and intermittently during their travels. 

Of course, should the unlikely need arise, this policy may be revisited and revised as necessary, and we will endeavor to keep you informed of any changes. 

Warmest regards,

Carlos E. Ortega
Vice President, Guest Services

• Like 3

NCL  has also dropped precruise covid testing for European ports. My Dawn Baltic cruise is Aug. 16 and I am ecstatic. Let's hope O and all cruise lines drop the testing theater for US departures soon.

EU Healthy Gateways Ends Pre-Cruise Testing Requirements

For sailings beginning August 1, 2022, vaccinated guests sailing on a cruise originating from any port EXCEPT a U.S. port; Canadian port; or Piraeus, Greece are exempt from all pre-cruise COVID-19 testing requirements.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vaitape said:

As I read it, testing requirements for any cruise departing from a US port remain in place so no relief from the hoop jumping Stateside.

You might be seeing the old statement. You want the one updated on July 5th. 

As of Aug 1st no more testing for cruises leaving the US. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, vaitape said:

As I read it, testing requirements for any cruise departing from a US port remain in place so no relief from the hoop jumping Stateside.

Yes you read that correctly, here's a copy from NCL's website,  applies to all of NCLH's companies I assume:

Effective for sailings 8/1/22 and beyond for cruises originating in any port EXCEPT a U.S port, Canadian port or Piraeus, Greece:

• All guests are exempt from all pre-cruise COVID-19 testing requirements

For cruises originating from a U.S. port:

• All vaccinated guests must provide proof of:
      • negative COVID-19 antigen within 2 days of the embarkation date or
      • negative NAAT (PCR) test within 3 days of the embarkation
      • COVID-19 Recovery Certificate*
    • All unvaccinated guests ages 2 -11 must provide proof of:
      • Negative NAAT test (i.e., PCR) result administered by a verified third party within three days of the embarkation date, as well as additional antigen testing at embarkation and disembarkation administered and paid for by NCL. Failure to comply will result in denial of boarding.
      • unvaccinated children under the age of 12 will be subject to additional testing at embarkation and disembarkation administered and paid for by NCL. 
    • All unvaccinated guests under the age of 2 do not need to complete a pre-cruise test.
    • All unvaccinated guests age 12 and above are unable to cruise

11 minutes ago, davencl said:

Yes you read that correctly, here's a copy from NCL's website,  applies to all of NCLH's companies I assume:

Effective for sailings 8/1/22 and beyond for cruises originating in any port EXCEPT a U.S port, Canadian port or Piraeus, Greece:

• All guests are exempt from all pre-cruise COVID-19 testing requirements

For cruises originating from a U.S. port:

• All vaccinated guests must provide proof of:
      • negative COVID-19 antigen within 2 days of the embarkation date or
      • negative NAAT (PCR) test within 3 days of the embarkation
      • COVID-19 Recovery Certificate*
    • All unvaccinated guests ages 2 -11 must provide proof of:
      • Negative NAAT test (i.e., PCR) result administered by a verified third party within three days of the embarkation date, as well as additional antigen testing at embarkation and disembarkation administered and paid for by NCL. Failure to comply will result in denial of boarding.
      • unvaccinated children under the age of 12 will be subject to additional testing at embarkation and disembarkation administered and paid for by NCL. 
    • All unvaccinated guests under the age of 2 do not need to complete a pre-cruise test.
    • All unvaccinated guests age 12 and above are unable to cruise

That is not what is on the Oceania website, perhaps it's all a moving target, perhaps each line has different guidelines, but right now what is on the Oceania website says this; also see this link as to what is currently on the Oceania website, notice the date;  (of course that "SUBJECT TO UPDATES" is the key to all of it)

sail-safe-program.pdf (oceaniacruises.com)

FOR SAILINGS EMBARKING ON OR AFTER AUGUST 1, 2022, Oceania Cruises will no longer require guests to produce a negative covid test to embark their cruise, subject to local regulations.

Please Note: Voyages embarking from Canada and Greece as well as those sailing to Bermuda, will still require a negative covid test at embarkation, until further notice

Edited by ORV

17 minutes ago, ORV said:

That is not what is on the Oceania website, perhaps it's all a moving target, perhaps each line has different guidelines, but right now what is on the Oceania website says this; also see this link as to what is currently on the Oceania website, notice the date;  (of course that "SUBJECT TO UPDATES" is the key to all of it)

sail-safe-program.pdf (oceaniacruises.com)

FOR SAILINGS EMBARKING ON OR AFTER AUGUST 1, 2022, Oceania Cruises will no longer require guests to produce a negative covid test to embark their cruise, subject to local regulations.

Please Note: Voyages embarking from Canada and Greece as well as those sailing to Bermuda, will still require a negative covid test at embarkation, until further notice

Understood, yes a confusing moving target.   

5 hours ago, ReaderGirl57 said:

I just received this email from Oceania regarding our cruise departing from Copenhagen on August 24:

We have an important update to share with you about revisions to our embarkation testing policy. Effective August 1, 2022, Oceania Cruises will no longer require guests to produce a negative covid test to embark their cruise, subject to local regulations. 

Please Note: Voyages embarking from Canada and Greece as well as those sailing to Bermuda, will still require a negative covid test at embarkation, until further notice. 

The relaxing of this policy is in line with the greater travel industry around the globe as society continues to return to a post-pandemic state of normalcy. Testing is not required to fly or stay in a hotel or dine at a restaurant, and now, as a general rule, guests will no longer be required to test to board one of our ships. 

With the advent of vaccinations and widely available therapeutics, travelers can and should travel with confidence and peace of mind. While this requirement is relaxed, Oceania Cruises continues to strongly urges all guests to test at their convenience prior to travel and intermittently during their travels. 

Of course, should the unlikely need arise, this policy may be revisited and revised as necessary, and we will endeavor to keep you informed of any changes. 

Warmest regards,

Carlos E. Ortega
Vice President, Guest Services

We received the same email, this morning, regarding our cruise leaving Aug 18 from Barcelona.

50 minutes ago, davencl said:

Understood, yes a confusing moving target.   

They announced a change in hopes of more bookings. Then people pay the final payment and the virus gets worse and testing is required again. Anti vaxxers refuse to go and lose their money. Could be a mess. We can only hope things do not get worse

Nothing confusing about this at all. Oceania mostly just got out of the Covid business. No more pre board testing, it’s all on the passenger.

Now, if infected travelers come aboard, tough luck for you. If you get Covid, you get quarantined, and you no longer get any refund/ FCC for time in Covid Jail. It’s the Wild West now with the new variants both nationally and internationally firing up. This slack attitude is exactly what many here have been pleading for months to occur. We’ll see how it works out. Huge economic relief for NCLH and its Lines.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Anti vaxxers refuse to go and lose their money.

I believe you still need to be vaccinated  to sail on Oceania  so I doubt any anti vaxers  will be onboard

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pinotlover said:

No more pre board testing, it’s all on the passenger. Now, if infected travelers come aboard, tough luck for you. ... It’s the Wild West now with the new variants both nationally and internationally firing up. ...

Not unlike how we deal with the flu, colds, and a plethora of other communicable things that are endemic. BUT...the new reality:

1. Vaccines and boosters keep the vast majority out of hospitals and alive.

2. The vaccines and boosters can't prevent transmission.

3. Those with pre-existing conditions that are problematic with COVID should know who they are and NOT be travelling.

SO as long as NCL/O maintains a vaccine/booster mandate with real verification of said vaccination, that is essentially as good as it gets anyway for such travel by airplane, bus, cruise ship, etc.

Political leaders are just realizing that all the testing is pretty much meaningless when transmission is like the cold or flu. SO get vaccinated and remain boosted/vaccinated over time.

• Like 5

The relaxing of this policy is in line with the greater travel industry around the globe as society continues to return to a post-pandemic state of normalcy. Testing is not required to fly or stay in a hotel or dine at a restaurant, and now, as a general rule, guests will no longer be required to test to board one of our ships.

This from my travel agent yesterday

1 hour ago, llhillman said:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/health

For cruises departing on August 1, 2022 and after, Oceania will no longer require proof of a negative COVID test.  The exceptions are cruises embarking from Greece and Canada and sailings to Bermuda.

O.............k........

Hey, thanks for that info. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Lets hope it stays that way

As someone who can just barely sneak in my December cruise in my limited time off work, is traveling across the world and is spending the most money I’ve ever spent to travel (tapping all my savings) I couldn’t be happier.  

• Like 5