Live From Zaandam June 25 until July 9

Thanks for the photos, the flowers are lovely.   During one cruise our concierge arranged for the florist to visit our stateroom to refresh the flowers we had ordered,  when he finished the flowers looked as good as new again.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 2

Bon Voyage! We will be boarding  Zaandam on July 9th, so maybe we will pass each other in the terminal. 😃 We are doing the 35-day Viking itinerary. Looking forward to learning about your experiences on board. 

• Like 2

Good Morning Everyone,  I didn't post after dinner since lights were our by 9.  We were both tired.

We had dinner in the Pinnacle Grill.   The food was good although DH's steak came out rare instead of medium well. They quickly got him a new one.  We all had the same dinner choices.

Saturdays When and Where

20220625_175012.thumb.jpg.56664641f311ef1eb6e26e401a3dc9cd.jpg

The clothesline Bacon was again a nice treat.

20220625_183241.thumb.jpg.326faedd275e8fc03021a9ea43f70b3b.jpg

My steak was very good with the sauce.  The onion rings were fantastic. 

20220625_190126.thumb.jpg.e65c1518c405530abd08e100b2f062bf.jpg

Birthday dessert for DH and Sandy.

20220625_193731.thumb.jpg.da403d841fd9922fa9d582d965572871.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Hello Again, last night after dinner we walked through the shops and found them to be overly warm.  So warm that staff even complained and apologized.  When we got to the room the same situation.  Since we were exhausted we had no trouble falling asleep and at some point the room did cool down.   I'll monitor and may request a fan.

Since I'm still on cat time we had breakfast in the lido.  No lines and service was good.

Today's When and Where 

20220626_073442.thumb.jpg.8bfa383b1e58cb166625e73bc920a4e9.jpg

The dine in room menu.

20220626_073503.thumb.jpg.c01eef215f7d3ee52ad9a8fed06c1771.jpg

20220626_073532.thumb.jpg.9841df1778243cf23226a05b0a93b887.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Have a great cruise, is the Zaandam in as good shape as it looks in your photos? Looks great, we sailed on her sister ship Volendam many times in the early 2000s and was a favorite of ours.

So far everything looks good.

• Like 7

THANK YOU for posting these pics and also for sharing your cabin number!  We are booked in #7002 when we sail on this ship in January 2023 through the Panama Canal.   Our friends will be in #7003.   The room looks lovely!

I was a bit concerned because #7002 is right next to the Bridge or I believe it shares a wall with the Bridge.   Can you tell if this is an issue for the occupants of 7002 yet?   I know it's really your first night so still getting around.   Have a wonderful time and many thanks for the updates!    This is great. 

• Like 2

Just received some disappointing news from the concierge.  The five star internet perk does not apply if you bought the package before boarding the ship.  The Mariner Society said that the perk only applies if bought on board.  This is contrary to previous experiences since reaching five star.  Based on this anyone can get the five star perk.  She will credit me the $30 for the first 7 days but not the second.

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, NiceAunt said:

THANK YOU for posting these pics and also for sharing your cabin number!  We are booked in #7002 when we sail on this ship in January 2023 through the Panama Canal.   Our friends will be in #7003.   The room looks lovely!

I was a bit concerned because #7002 is right next to the Bridge or I believe it shares a wall with the Bridge.   Can you tell if this is an issue for the occupants of 7002 yet?   I know it's really your first night so still getting around.   Have a wonderful time and many thanks for the updates!    This is great. 

No stateroom "shares a wall" with THE BRIDGE, in the sense of the actual space overlooking the bow where the officers conn the ship.  You might share a wall with the captain's stateroom or a navigation staff supply storeroom or something like that. The white space forward of passenger staterooms on the deck plan includes those spaces.  The actual bridge itself does not extend that far aft.

Hope this helps.

Edited by AV8rix
  • Like 3

Good Evening,  dinner was at the Canaletto and the food and service were good.  Forgot to take pictures.   The concierge was to have marked the reservation as a five star free dinner, she didn't.   The Canaletto staff corrected the mistake.

The shopping area is still too warm but slightly better than yesterday.   Our cabin seems comfortable tonight.

20220626_204110.thumb.jpg.e2e8b38f92e73e1048aa3c16548e0d5e.jpg

First towel animal and chocolate. 

20220626_202024.thumb.jpg.fe222e2f615142bf729aa9d4f229b15f.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, NiceAunt said:

We have sailed in 7002 on the Volendam (sister ship to the Zaandam)  many , many times, it's a quiet location, officers quarters are forward of 7002, never  heard any noise from the officers quarters.

We are so fond of 7002, that we call it "Our" stateroom. There is a doorway in the hallway separating the passenger area from  the officers quarters.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, albingirl said:

Thanks for doing this thread.  I've thought about taking this cruise for awhile, so I'll be extra interested in your stellar experience!

I have done it twice by sea, a third time next week and about 6 times by land.  You can’t beat eastern Canada.  It is very laid back, the food is great and the scenery is lovely.   The only thing better would be the cruise that does the Saint Lawrence but then also goes north to the Canadian Maritimes.  It is not as exotic as some of my other ventures but it is one of the few places I keep going back to over and over again.  

• Like 4