Live From Zaandam June 25 until July 9

49 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Tonight we had dinner in the Canaletto.   We had reservations for 6 pm.  At the 50 minute mark we finally received our entrée.   We were a bit surprised that the service was so slow.   The manager said it was because they had a large table.  We weren't the only guests disappointed in the service. 

We made it just in time for the 7:30 show.  It was the One Step Dancers with the Piano Bar singer and someone from the Ocean Bar band.  The show was better than last night's show.  However, the dancers added nothing to the show.  We both thought that we would have enjoyed it if it was just with the two singers. 

Tonight was also Chocolate Surprise night.  Chocolate never disappoints. 

20220630_215206.thumb.jpg.d4dfdcb0f1282a520a8bbd56d5b801c8.jpg

Our second towel animal. 

20220630_215604.thumb.jpg.882f64b30a9216a705a4bfa665ab547b.jpg

On the Koningsdam that was our favorite show.  The difference was they had the pianists from Billboard on Board.  I agree the dancers were a distraction, and the best part when it dancers were not on stage, just the two from Billboard on Board.  Of course, the music of Billboard hits was an added plus.

I don't remember the chocolate surprise during our two four-week cruises.  I guess it could have been the less than 50 percent capacity on those cruises.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bcummin said:

Thank you so much for sharing your cruise with us, especially the photos.

Where are the Covid isolation rooms located on ms Zaandam?

Thanks,

Barbara

So far I haven't seen them.  It didn't occur to me to look for them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon,  we walked up to the Citadel this morning.  They haven't done the changing of the guard ceremony in three years, thanks to Covid.  Today however we were there in time for the 21 canon salute.   Very nice to witness. 

20220701_104445.thumb.jpg.f84cc5d6dc545704e049be363206ce3d.jpg

20220701_115518.thumb.jpg.f0ff228f1b5fa4ca353e0f3e4dcf39b0.jpg

20220701_115950.thumb.jpg.f155ee774d6706d31b5864e94fbfbc6f.jpg

Walking back we saw the following on the outside of the Citadel. 20220701_122231.thumb.jpg.645c25060c40923c8e5c1862d4d68bcf.jpg

20220701_122248.thumb.jpg.65552493a0b71b916921bd9bc0c8e7ea.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

21 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I like Chocolate as well (maybe not as much as RuthC), but this is an event that has never impressed me.  Often held soon after, or as, second seating dining is completed.  Like I need another dessert so soon?  I suggest that it might be replaced by some past amenity such as the Royal Dutch Tea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I like Chocolate as well (maybe not as much as RuthC), but this is an event that has never impressed me.  Often held soon after, or as, second seating dining is completed.  Like I need another dessert so soon?  I suggest that it might be replaced by some past amenity such as the Royal Dutch Tea.

Thanks for your review!  We were on board Boston to Montreal on the May 28 sailing.  Interesting to see some of the tweaks that have occurred.  For instance, I see you posted the When & Where’s all week (which format resembled ours).  Today, the “Daily Program” looks entirely different!

Turn around day was a rather easy.  We walked around Montreal and picked up a few souvenirs.  After a very quiet lunch we relaxed on the ship.   At three there was a 3,4 and 5 star reception. Drinks flowed easily.  No testing or muster station was required so that was nice.  Dinner was in the lido despite the app saying we had MDR reservations. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

While making dinner reservations the concierge apologized for the internet interruption yesterday.  We didn’t notice.  She received reports from the Nieuw Statendam that the internet is poor and that those guests expecting good internet connections during the VOV will be disappointed.

• Like 8

I've always gotten the internet package due to work issues.  I have to say it was much better pre-Covid.  I think they changed suppliers and it is really bad now.  I can't look at it as a perk in HIA, mostly it is an exercise in frustration.   In Alaska last year I could only get websites in Spanish.  I was restricted from some websites such as the Ohio Department of Health.   My personal email didn't work.   My work one did.  

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Indianadaytripper said:

Sure hope the internet is ok for VOV

Good luck.  It was when I sailed on the Amsterdam's VOV one year that the internet was horrible.  Trying to send daily blogs, I lost the address book that I had created for that cruise, could not be recovered by me or by the tech guru (which is a position that does not exist anymore, I think), had to re-create it which took quite some time and some $$ to do.  That cruise was the end of my attempt to blog during my cruises.

After DH took advantage of some sun and laid out on the balcony.   After a quick lunch from the taco bar we walked around the city for awhile.  

Tonight's dinner was in the Pinnacle Grill.

I had the mandatory bacon.

20220703_172250.thumb.jpg.1fbc6370f439a99cb50462c414e61758.jpg

Tonight I tried the pork chop.

20220703_175122.thumb.jpg.da463faef4fee8ee0a5f7fa14397b0aa.jpg

20220703_181547.thumb.jpg.628ad5da9d5c6e3ca766e5b94e83a86b.jpg

After dinner we met up with a pride group and had some nice conversations. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

@Crazy For Cats really enjoying your posts and photos.  We’ve done the New York to Quebec cruise several years ago and loved it.  Now that our daughter & her family live in the outskirts of Montreal this one will be on my list in the future! 

Glad you finally had breakfast in the Pinnacle.  It’s one of my favourite things to do when staying in a Neptune suite.  Took years before Mr Bear finally felt comfortable eating there though at breakfast time.  Of course I enjoy the mimosas, lol.  

Thanks for taking us along 😃

• Like 3

Thank you so much for your thread! I am boarding July 9th for the 35-day Vikings adventure, and you have provided me with tons of useful information. I feel confident that I can now enjoy the positves and avoid the negatives, and I don't have to learn everything 'the hard way'. It's wonderful to have a 'head's up'. 

• Like 1

Good Morning,  the clocks moved ahead 1 hour overnight and I slept in until 8!  The cats never let that happen at home.

We went to the Pinnacle for breakfast again.  DH wanted a mimosa and with some ever do slight arm twisting I had one too.

20220704_091018.thumb.jpg.6b42d9bfffc572076c9ff23773a84c75.jpg

After breakfast we attended a Mariner recognition event again.  This time those with 900 sea days had their pictures taken.

20220704_091601.thumb.jpg.e3176ce09f89620d3da95f52ba2ec746.jpg

Today's When and Where.  Last night I noticed when Late night begins on the ship. I found it amusing.

20220704_075506.thumb.jpg.14f4928f3acd02a2f477dd433ef8a243.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2