Diamond/Diamond Plus Question

I have used both the plastic and paper, hanging and laying bags...always sent whatever I wanted and never had a problem or a charge.  Guess I've just been lucky.  As we gamblers say, "I'd rather be lucky than smart".

Hi, been a couple years since i cruised and it looks like things have changed a bit. 

While in the diamond lounge during happy hour, do you have to use your 4 vouchers there?  Or is free drinks in the lounge during happy hour, then you can use the 4 at other times?

Also is happy hour still 5-8:30?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, CHolliwood said:

Hi, been a couple years since i cruised and it looks like things have changed a bit. 

While in the diamond lounge during happy hour, do you have to use your 4 vouchers there?  Or is free drinks in the lounge during happy hour, then you can use the 4 at other times?

Also is happy hour still 5-8:30?

Thanks

No more open bar for the Diamond Lounge, only vouchers, but you can use them anywhere at any time. They still serve the same type snacks during happy hour and still have the coffee machine at least.

The time varies a bit from ship to ship and is usually 3 hours. 4:30-7:30 or 5-8 are common I believe.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

No more open bar for the Diamond Lounge, only vouchers, but you can use them anywhere at any time. They still serve the same type snacks during happy hour and still have the coffee machine at least.

The time varies a bit from ship to ship and is usually 3 hours. 4:30-7:30 or 5-8 are common I believe.

Thanks!!  Appreciate the info.   I imagine the Diamond Lounge is less popular now. 

Edited by CHolliwood

17 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Can the voucher be used for a glass of wine with dinner in the MDR?

On 6/26/2022 at 3:06 PM, 4774Papa said:

We have been on two RCI cruises and on both of them there was an offer of a bag of laundry (for underwear, socks, T-shirts, etc.).  Perhaps it was for a small amount, like $20?

For any status under diamond, laundry is $35, diamond pays $25 and D+ and pinnacle get for free

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love getting my specialty coffee at DL, no vouchers needed for their coffee machine with espresso, latte, capuccino, etc.

One of my favorite perks! I always bring a travel mug to take a much larger serving to go.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

On 6/26/2022 at 4:14 PM, island lady said:

OMG....definitely no one would like to see what condition any dresses, dress shirts, dress slacks would turn out....coming out of the  "boil and fry" bag.  😮😉 

World cruisers on FB are losing their minds over boil and bake.😉🤣🤣

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 5:45 AM, ReneeFLL said:

I have seen the list that Another Cruiser listed the items from. I have also put in other items (pants, capris and regular shirts) like you and never had a problem.

Other than the true laundry service for Star Class, I have never been happy with bagged laundry. It comes back wrinkled and smelly. 

Haven't tried it in years because it was so bad

I find the same odd smell in the WJ napkins

Someone recently posted the letter that lists the benefits for Diamond once onboard. Down the list it says 20 percent off any beer, wine or soda. It is past the 50 percent off deal on 2 drinks per sailing which we will use first. Is it 20 percent all cruise for everything you order after using your 4 free drinks? Sorry, first time I recall not buying the drink package due to current price levels and never paid attention to these discounts in the past.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, coaster said:

Someone recently posted the letter that lists the benefits for Diamond once onboard. Down the list it says 20 percent off any beer, wine or soda. It is past the 50 percent off deal on 2 drinks per sailing which we will use first. Is it 20 percent all cruise for everything you order after using your 4 free drinks? Sorry, first time I recall not buying the drink package due to current price levels and never paid attention to these discounts in the past.

No, the percent off offers are ONE time use.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

World cruisers on FB are losing their minds over boil and bake.😉🤣🤣

LOL...still will be fine for cotton undies, socks, exercise shirts/shorts.   Not interested in going "commando".  😄  

I have my hand wash laundry down to a science for light things.  Everything else will go to the dry cleaners.  No worries.  

7 hours ago, CHolliwood said:

Thanks!!  Appreciate the info.   I imagine the Diamond Lounge is less popular now. 

Got off Navigator a few months ago. DL was for Pinnacles only during HH. D and D+ were given the Cosmopolitan club every night for HH. Plenty of appetizers and Voucher use was hit and miss. I do believe it was less crowded, this was 7:pm every night. 

IMG_5341.thumb.jpeg.bd2d9176c10d0ace73a1f1e95a6453e5.jpegIMG_5349.thumb.jpeg.64a186606c4145069d627fd2c578c9f4.jpeg

18 minutes ago, cruising twosome said:

Diamond plus used to have BOGO in a specialty restaurant day 1 or 2…..on Ovation last month they said no ,because of staffing……anyone know if that benefit is still a round?

Still around. This is the first I’m hearing of a denial for use. 

Would love to hear the experience of others. 
m

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CHolliwood said:

Not necessarily. I travel solo, and for me, a martini or 2, and the snacks, are sometimes enough for dinner for me. 😉

11 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

the snacks, are sometimes enough for dinner for me. 😉

I consider them my pre-dinner. 😁

They can be hit and miss but I seem to like them more than most.

• Like 1

Most of our cruises in recent years have tended towards Celebrity rather than Royal, but I've never known the "bag o' laundry" benefit to be confined to any subset of items compared to the standard laundry list that is hanging in the closet.

Shirts and shorts get the scratchy tags applied so they can irritate you for the rest of the cruise. I strongly suspect items such as underwear, socks, etc. are all put into a mesh bag and washed together.

Unrelated to bag o' laundry, I once sent a suit for dry cleaning. I didn't notice it until we got home, but it had obviously been through boil and bake, and thus ruined.

I recently finished a b-3-b on the Allure and the Diamond + perks were great, got a free bag of laundry each week, and had other items cleaned with a discount.  Five complementary drinks each day and two days of wi-fi each week and the snacks during happy hour in the Diamond Club were great!

• Like 1