Are the ships at full capacity?

A percentage of cabins must be set aside for possible quarantine but ships seem to be sailing with as many as they can recently. We've seen this on the four cruises we've done this year from January through April.

You do realize that the vast majority of call center agents have never stepped foot on a cruise ship.  They read from scripts and use internal support pages to search for and answer questions.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, twangster said:

You do realize that the vast majority of call center agents have never stepped foot on a cruise ship.  They read from scripts and use internal support pages to search for and answer questions.  

I wish folks would realize this.  They call for every little question and get an answer from a poorly trained rep (not really the rep's fault) reading a script.    

In my experience in the past few months, ships are sailing full or nearly full. Some are sailing over double occupancy limits.    Generally I consider full based on double occupancy, but some passengers use the full occupancy ( all beds  - 3 or 4 to a cabin, large suites at full capacity) for counting. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

True...I managed a travel call center (one of the biggest that specialized in pleasant travel to Hawaii) many many years ago and very few of my agents had ever been there...but they were well trained and very convincing :classic_wink: Mahalo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

EXPLORER 6/25 - 7/3

Top cruiser Super Mario

Pinnacle  25

Diamond plus 89

Diamond 124

Emerald 70

Platinum 128

Gold 609

1st timers 2388

Total Loyalty Members 1045 

Total passengers 3433

Capacity 4290

Sailing at 80%Capacity

3286 Double Occupancy 

Sailing at 104% Capacity

From the LA at top tier event

• Like 3

I was on the June 17th sailing of the Anthem.  Total passengers onboard was 4,081with a capacity of 4180.  Deck 3 was used as the quarantine with non sellable cabins.  

OUTSTANDING cruise without question. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skyking said:

I was on the June 17th sailing of the Anthem.  Total passengers onboard was 4,081with a capacity of 4180.  Deck 3 was used as the quarantine with non sellable cabins.  

OUTSTANDING cruise without question. 

Outstanding I agree. We were on the Navigator January sailing with 1100 onboard. We'll never see that again.

26 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Outstanding I agree. We were on the Navigator January sailing with 1100 onboard. We'll never see that again.

OK, I’ll bite. What’s the reason you feel your responses should be bold?  Not being sarcastic…just curious.

11 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

OK, I’ll bite. What’s the reason you feel your responses should be bold?  Not being sarcastic…just curious.

Some people's eye sight may not be as good as yours............deal with it. Not being sarcastic

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oasis 6/24 - was told on embarkation day there were 6,573 pax, before no shows (covid positives, etc). Later in cruise that number was revised to 6,300.

One the previous sailing, it was announced at 6,200 pax.

Current sailing, I heard was around 6,400 as well.

So, Oasis is was over Double Occ, nearing their 3rd/4th capacity as well.

Excluding the quarantine rooms, I'd say they is pretty much no empty berth on that ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Some people's eye sight may not be as good as yours............deal with it. Not being sarcastic

Always great hearing from ya.  Gonna cruise on a ship again, or just continue to cruise cc?

Edited by bucfan2
  • Haha 5

On 7/3/2022 at 12:36 AM, Love2cruisewkids said:

I spoke to a rep from RCCL today and he said the ships are still at reduced capacity. I was surprised as I thought they were back to normal as far as bookings go. 

May 30, 2022

Quantum of the Seas Total Passengers: 4095

Quantum of the Seas Double Occupancy Capacity: 4180

26 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Always great hearing from ya.  Gonna cruise on a ship again, or just continue to cruise cc?

Thanks for asking, just booked Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort in Disney for a week and spending additional day's in Bradenton ,Fl with relatives. Following that up with a 16 night cruise in 2023.

Don't want to cruise right now until all the cruise line's get their ***** together as far as food and service onboard the ships that is greatly lacking right now. Not paying premium prices for what they are giving right now.

Edited by Jimbo

I don’t think any of the cruise lines have been honest about the percentage. If you pay attention to what the passenger number the CD or capt announces and compare that to the number of max passengers the ship can carry you will often find they’re sailing close to or at full capacity. 
Last August on another cruises line that said they were sailing at no more than 50%  in reality 79% of max capacity. 

They’re for-profit businesses so just accept that they’re going to lie in favor of maximizing profit especially after being shutdown for so long. 

If, in fact, they are sailing near capacity, why doesn’t the stock price reflect that? Before the pandemic the stock hit a high of $136 per share and paid a $3+ dividend. Friday it closed at $35.20 and hasn’t paid a dividend in almost two years. Stock prices usually are based on future performance, maybe the financial institutions that drive the stock market and invest for a profit, do not see a bright future for the industry.

14 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

It's just what I prefer. Much easier to read. No ulterior motive involved at all and what I have always done. Hope this satisfies your curiosity :classic_wink:

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, zeroed said:

Last August on another cruises line that said they were sailing at no more than 50%  in reality 79% of max capacity. 

As with RCI, if you ask a script reading cruiseline rep, they have no clue and make up a number.