Coral Princess, some comments

26 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Even international flights into aids no longer need to have vac cert.

personally I think it’s just the whole thing has been drummed into us for two years now snd it’s hard to get past the whole fear factor for some people??? The only way to stop this continuing esp now most people are vaccinated, is to stop counting, reporting etc. our passage & covid contract we had to sign stated we acknowledged the chance of catching “something “ was a possibility.

ideally everyone will keep up the hand washing,  using elbows if you have to cough and if you have any cold like symptoms avoid crowds.

Good points, but so many pax are avoiding the shows, tours, buffets, not wanting to dine with others etc, trying to minimise exposure. Not getting the full cruise experience. All a bit sad really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Good points, but so many pax are avoiding the shows, tours, buffets, not wanting to dine with others etc, trying to minimise exposure. Not getting the full cruise experience. All a bit sad really.

We actually did the same te shows, but our strategy was cos we were on 4 B2B to earn 8 credits to take us to elite and last thing we needed was to get put off the ship!

it didn’t worry us as such cos we’re on 28 day round aus in October this year (98 days to be exact)

so will get to do everything. That said we absolutely loved being back at sea again and enjoyed every moment of our 17 days 🥰🥰🥰

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Should all be released. Dont you want to know the covid history of a ship before you book or embark?

With the utmost respect; I don’t think Covid is any different to Influenza-A or NoroVirus, it’s not the ship that is infecting people, it is other people.

Reporting  numbers for any viral infections won’t ever change the facts that there are those among us who continue to either not take proper care or are just unlucky.

All we can do is take the utmost personal care, get vaccinated and be responsible for our own actions. And have great holidays, we didn’t avoid anything during our recent 7 days and thoroughly enjoyed it. 😆

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Even international flights into aids no longer need to have vac cert.

personally I think it’s just the whole thing has been drummed into us for two years now snd it’s hard to get past the whole fear factor for some people??? The only way to stop this continuing esp now most people are vaccinated, is to stop counting, reporting etc. our passage & covid contract we had to sign stated we acknowledged the chance of catching “something “ was a possibility.

ideally everyone will keep up the hand washing,  using elbows if you have to cough and if you have any cold like symptoms avoid crowds.

I understand what you are saying about the fear factor but unfortunately there are some of us who would desperately love to go cruising but are in a position where it is essential that we know what the situation is regarding Covid on cruises. My wife is recovering from cancer treatment and although we are fully vaccinated and had our boosters, as much as we would like to just say let's go cruising we have to weigh up the odds. If Covid turns out to be only a very few infected maybe it would be worth taking a chance. For this to happen we really need reports of the Covid situation on board ships. Hopefully our friends on CC who have been on a cruise ( as difficult as it is ) can bypass media hype and give us a feeling of the Covid situation on board. We realise Covid looks like it is here to stay until they find some way to stop it. Other than that it could be the end of our cruising. Watching with keen interest and hoping everyone stays well or at least if unfortunate to get Covid it is only milld.

Only my opinion for our situation.

Cheers John.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Should all be released. Dont you want to know the covid history of a ship before you book or embark? I do !

I'm with ya Les. I think the numbers should be made available.👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

I understand what you are saying about the fear factor but unfortunately there are some of us who would desperately love to go cruising but are in a position where it is essential that we know what the situation is regarding Covid on cruises. My wife is recovering from cancer treatment and although we are fully vaccinated and had our boosters, as much as we would like to just say let's go cruising we have to weigh up the odds. If Covid turns out to be only a very few infected maybe it would be worth taking a chance. For this to happen we really need reports of the Covid situation on board ships. Hopefully our friends on CC who have been on a cruise ( as difficult as it is ) can bypass media hype and give us a feeling of the Covid situation on board. We realise Covid looks like it is here to stay until they find some way to stop it. Other than that it could be the end of our cruising. Watching with keen interest and hoping everyone stays well or at least if unfortunate to get Covid it is only milld.

Only my opinion for our situation.

Cheers John.

I totally agree with your concerns.  We would be taking the very same precautions if we were in the same position. Incidentally we were on THE ruby princesss in March 2020 and tested positive when we got off the ship, but had no qualms about boarding again. We took all precautions, kept to ourselves within reason and thoroughly enjoyed our balcony most of the time. 
we had club class dining cos in a suite which helps a lot, no queue no crowding etc which will help alleviate concerns somewhat. All the best with your plans 🥰

45 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I didn't hear of anyone avoiding the MDR, the buffet or the theatre to keep away from people. If anyone planned to do this, I suggest that they would not have paid to go on a cruise.

BTW, we rarely had to queue anywhere on the ship - only in the terminal to board and for the Captain's Circle cocktail party near the end of the cruise.

17 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I totally agree with your concerns.  We would be taking the very same precautions if we were in the same position. Incidentally we were on THE ruby princesss in March 2020 and tested positive when we got off the ship, but had no qualms about boarding again. We took all precautions, kept to ourselves within reason and thoroughly enjoyed our balcony most of the time. 
we had club class dining cos in a suite which helps a lot, no queue no crowding etc which will help alleviate concerns somewhat. All the best with your plans 🥰

Thank you, we are so pleased you are enjoying your cruises and thank you for all your reports, they did generate more excitement about our hopes of cruising. I love your outlook, that was how we were until the big C hit my wife. We are desperately hoping the Covid situation will calm down allowing us to go on our booked cruise in early 2023. Love to go in a full suite with all the trimmings but our budget only allows for balcony and sometimes a Junior suite that does not include much apart from a bit extra room.  🙂

Edited by JohnGc

10 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Thank you, we are so pleased you are enjoying your cruises and thank you for all your reports, they did generate more excitement about our hopes of cruising. I love your outlook, that was how we were until the big C hit my wife. We are desperately hoping the Covid situation will calm down allowing us to go on our booked cruise in early 2023. Love to go in a full suite with all the trimmings but our budget only allows for balcony and sometimes a Junior suite that does not include much apart from a bit extra room.  🙂

We just did B2B in suite first time ever, maybe only time, but it was actually cheaper than a week in port Douglas Sheraton.

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

We just did B2B in suite first time ever, maybe only time, but it was actually cheaper than a week in port Douglas Sheraton.

That was great.If and when we get back to cruising I will have to keep a look out for any bargains on full suites.👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Should all be released. Dont you want to know the covid history of a ship before you book or embark? I do !

We are on board and everyone we have seen around the ship are wearing masks whether in the passage ways, in the lifts, at Trivia or those waiting in the queue to go into the dining rooms.

I believe that the cabins used for those with Covid last week were on Deck 5 and all of those were taken off the ship on Sunday. Hopefully this week we won't have any cases.

Jennie

• Like 7

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Really? We didn't and I don't think many other people did either. We went to shows, trivia, the tender at Airlie Beach, the MDR, speciality restaurants, and most of the bars and the IC . We did avoid the buffet but that's normal for us. We had a lovely CC get together on embarkation day as well. All in all a fairly normal cruise for us.

However I did notice that mask wearing dropped in the latter days of the cruise, but didn't notice too many people coughing.

At a guess I'd say that around 1% of passengers caught Covid on the cruise. I've heard of about ten cases through various posts here and elsewhere, so not too bad considering. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

That was great.If and when we get back to cruising I will have to keep a look out for any bargains on full suites.👍

They don't happen often but the restart suite fares were very good. Vista suites were cheaper than some balcony cabins I've booked in the past.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I didn't hear of anyone avoiding the MDR, the buffet or the theatre to keep away from people. If anyone planned to do this, I suggest that they would not have paid to go on a cruise.

BTW, we rarely had to queue anywhere on the ship - only in the terminal to board and for the Captain's Circle cocktail party near the end of the cruise.

You may not of heard of those avoiding, but guaranteed there were there,

27 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Really? We didn't and I don't think many other people did either. We went to shows, trivia, the tender at Airlie Beach, the MDR, speciality restaurants, and most of the bars and the IC . We did avoid the buffet but that's normal for us. We had a lovely CC get together on embarkation day as well. All in all a fairly normal cruise for us.

However I did notice that mask wearing dropped in the latter days of the cruise, but didn't notice too many people coughing.

At a guess I'd say that around 1% of passengers caught Covid on the cruise. I've heard of about ten cases through various posts here and elsewhere, so not too bad considering. 

Did you share tables in mdr julie, just asking.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

If that's the way they wanted to enjoy their cruise, then that's their choice.🙂

Wasted their  money if they avoided everything, well most things anyway. How come we  disagree almost always lol.

Edited by NSWP

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Wasted their  money if they avoided everything, well most things anyway. How come we  disagree almost always lol.

Maybe we disagree because I am cruising and ......... 🙂 We cannot assume that people went on a cruise just to avoid everything and therefore wasted money. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Maybe we disagree because I am cruising and ......... 🙂 We cannot assume that people went on a cruise just to avoid everything and therefore wasted money. 

I am getting annoyed and cranky. First time I have done it, blocked, bye.

Think I have had enough of CC. I seem to be on a crusade.

Edited by NSWP

18 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am sorry if I have upset you by not agreeing with you all the time. However, I feel that you state opinions as fact. This gives a false impression.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Did you share tables in mdr julie, just asking.

We were in Club Class where most of the tables are two-tops so there isn't really much chance to share but they were close together and when it was busy you were no further away than if you were sharing a round table for 6 or 8.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Everybody gets cranky at times, Les. We understand.

12 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Agreed, we had our usual cruise experience apart from going to the shows. But as explained previously it was just in case we caught anything and couldn’t complete our B2B. Plus we’re on the round aus trip in October so will have plenty of time to enjoy the shows.

We loved the cruise, we personally felt Princess are managing back to cruising very well. I doubt if anyone can eradicate covid completely and we as passengers know that risk. So you have to weigh up that risk fir yourself. We’re both fit and healthy even if we’re in upper age category and so had no qualms about cruising again.

11 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We were in Club Class where most of the tables are two-tops so there isn't really much chance to share but they were close together and when it was busy you were no further away than if you were sharing a round table for 6 or 8.

We were in club class too and as you say, tables were close enough to have plenty of good conversations with those around you. Best of both worlds for me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NSWP said:

I hope not. If we agree with everyone all the time, we don't learn much.

We all have different risks in our life. I have accepted the risk of catching it aboard, and am hoping good health hygiene will defend us in the most part. My mum is not so keen to go back cruising yet, and I agree with her as her risk of catching it is different to mine.

One case is too many, but even that offers the same risk, just better odds in a coin flip. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1