Coral Princess, some comments

1 minute ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Yes, it was George.

There was an Australian based English comedian on the first of my four cruises. He was funny. We didn't go to his first show, but heard he was brilliant from other guests. So we went to his next show.

I remember an English comedian on one of our first cruises who was excellent, so much that we went back and saw him a second time. I also can't remember his name, but during his act" he burst into song doing a "tom Jones" and had a surprisingly good voice. I prefer to sit at the back especially for comedians so we can make a quick getaway if they are too average, too much swearing or too over the tops risqué. Don't want to disturb others if we slip out lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I remember an English comedian on one of our first cruises who was excellent, so much that we went back and saw him a second time. I also can't remember his name, but during his act" he burst into song doing a "tom Jones" and had a surprisingly good voice. I prefer to sit at the back especially for comedians so we can make a quick getaway if they are too average, too much swearing or too over the tops risqué. Don't want to disturb others if we slip out lol

I try and sit near the back too, That way I don't feel so bad if I leave if they are boring.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Yep us to! The occasional expletive but gratuitous swearing is not called for

A bit of language from the comedians is fine by me. Princess should get Rodney Rude on Coral, lol. Put the risque comedians on later at night, say 10pm with a warning at the door for those who might be offended.

Edited by NSWP

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

A bit of language from the comedians is fine by me. Princess should get Rodney Rude on Coral, lol. Put the risque comedians on later at night, say 10pm with a warning at the door for those who might be offended.

That is what Carnival do, have an adults only late show.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

That is what Carnival do, have an adults only late show.

And P&O as well.

It isn't just about gratuitous swearing, but about being loose with political correctness and mature content. Some of the funniest comedians I have seen don't swear much at all, but are sharp in observational comedy. Princess, among others, tone everything down and not just language. There are a few comedians that can still be funny that way, but often bland comedy is just not funny, especially if we have heard it all before.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

And P&O as well.

It isn't just about gratuitous swearing, but about being loose with political correctness and mature content. Some of the funniest comedians I have seen don't swear much at all, but are sharp in observational comedy. Princess, among others, tone everything down and not just language. There are a few comedians that can still be funny that way, but often bland comedy is just not funny, especially if we have heard it all before.

Very true

• Like 1

18 hours ago, arxcards said:

And P&O as well.

We had an American comedian on a cruise a few years ago who made a joke about the last US president. Although we thought it funny and to the point, some of the Americans weren't impressed.

Brian

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, bvm49 said:

We had an American comedian on a cruise a few years ago who made a joke about the last US president. Although we thought it funny and to the point, some of the Americans weren't impressed.

Brian

He is probably in San Quentin Jail now, lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Another Princess joke…The showers on Princess are that small, the Big Guys just Soap the Walls and Spin Around.!!🤣🤣

Ahh yes, there is always a comedian that likes to start by asking how many of the audience are on their first cruise, then rolls through those apocryphal anecdotes about the water in the toilets, the microwave not working, and the extension lead trailing behind the ship. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Ahh yes, there is always a comedian that likes to start by asking how many of the audience are on their first cruise, then rolls through those apocryphal anecdotes about the water in the toilets, the microwave not working, and the extension lead trailing behind the ship. 

Yes the microwave that is the safe, lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, buchhalm said:

Wonderful line by a comedian on Cunard a few years back.

As Cunard is full of OLD people, his first line was "Hellooooo, coffin dodgers!!!!"

😁

Are you sure it was not on HAL? 😂

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Are you sure it was not on HAL? 😂

It should be, but a comedian would be wasted unless they did matinees.

I guess it depends on the itinerary and the ship. I don't think QM2 has a particularly old crowd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I guess it depends on the itinerary and the ship. I don't think QM2 has a particularly old crowd.

No, I recollect when we did QM2, Sydney to HK in 2017, mostly Brits on the worldie, a bit younger than the Princess/HAL crowd and obviously had a quid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Some people just want to cruise on an Ocean Liner and it is the only one left.  I wanted to go on the Ocean Liner before which is now a hotel.  

I just researched Queen Mary 2 and the two cruises which meet my timeline went to USA and across the Bay of Biscay, which are both no nos for me.  Hopefully one day before it turns in to a hotel!  Wish it would cruise to Aus/NZ in lieu of Queen Elizabeth.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

On Coral Princess? No, not usually, just formal nights.

We had a White Night on one SE Asian cruise.  Also a Hawaiian night on a Hawaiian cruise.  I ran in to a lot of Americans/Canadians from my ship in an Op Shop buying tropical summer clothes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Some people just want to cruise on an Ocean Liner and it is the only one left.  I wanted to go on the Ocean Liner before which is now a hotel.  

I just researched Queen Mary 2 and the two cruises which meet my timeline went to USA and across the Bay of Biscay, which are both no nos for me.  Hopefully one day before it turns in to a hotel!  Wish it would cruise to Aus/NZ in lieu of Queen Elizabeth.  

QM2 did a short season down here some years ago, including a lap of Oz. Bound to come back to do that again at some stage, and that would be a great way to do a lap.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

We had a White Night on one SE Asian cruise.  Also a Hawaiian night on a Hawaiian cruise.  I ran in to a lot of Americans/Canadians from my ship in an Op Shop buying tropical summer clothes

I saw a Country and Western theme on one cruise way back but it was later in the evening. There haven't been any theme nights recently.