Coral Princess, some comments

16 hours ago, NSWP said:

I am getting annoyed and cranky. First time I have done it, blocked, bye.

Think I have had enough of CC. I seem to be on a crusade.

Hang in there mate - many of us would miss you too much. I have blocked a few on here over the years, and also just let some posts just go thru to the keeper - life's too short.

Most of the posters and the information gained and shared make a few annoyances worth the price.

Take care mate - I look forward to "talking" with you on here and again in real life at some point. Cheers 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mr walker said:

Hang in there mate - many of us would miss you too much. I have blocked a few on here over the years, and also just let some posts just go thru to the keeper - life's too short.

Most of the posters and the information gained and shared make a few annoyances worth the price.

Take care mate - I look forward to "talking" with you on here and again in real life at some point. Cheers 

Thanks Neil, Raymonds awaits ! 🥡🥢🍷

• Like 2

I didn't mention afternoon tea because we rarely go. After a big lunch and with a large dinner to look forward to, we skip afternoon tea. However, it is served in the Bordeaux Dining room (deck 5) from 3.30 to 4.30. Afternoon tea items are available in the Horizon Court. Passengers with elite status can order afternoon tea in their cabin. I can't answer the question on whether the afternoon tea was good or not.

5 minutes ago, CruiseMatt2022 said:

Sorry if I’m missed it but I tried to look - was there afternoon tea on board and did anyone have it? Was it good? Sorry if this has been answered 

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

I didn't mention afternoon tea because we rarely go. After a big lunch and with a large dinner to look forward to, we skip afternoon tea. However, it is served in the Bordeaux Dining room (deck 5) from 3.30 to 4.30. Afternoon tea items are available in the Horizon Court. Passengers with elite status can order afternoon tea in their cabin. I can't answer the question on whether the afternoon tea was good or not.

We went to afternoon tea in the MDR once last week. Unfortunately the service was abysmal. The staff were doing their best but there just weren’t enough staff in the dining room at that time. Perhaps it improved later in the week. 🤷‍♂️
We went to Horizon Court once for afternoon tea. The buffet appeared to be closed but we asked a staff member and he explained that we just needed to walk through to the section where they usually have the desserts. Unsurprisingly it was fairly quiet as you’d think it was closed if you didn’t know. 
DW & I weren’t a fan of the simulated cream that accompanied so many desserts on the cruise. It certainly does not belong on a scone, IMHO. 🤢

• Like 2

On 7/6/2022 at 5:19 PM, NSWP said:

Mic….Like being on CC, you dont have to be mad but it helps.lol.

Great, I well and truly qualify then. Hope you keep posting, I have appreciated all your comments and honest opinions and you posted lovely photos of fish & chips

I am thinking of putting the one of the English breakfast up on my wall. 😂

Edited by JohnGc
  • Haha 1

Hi, disappointing to hear fresh cream wasn't available for afternoon tea time scones in buffet, we usually indulge in them on the last couple of sea days and wouldn't bother if cream wasn't fresh - as you say, with brekkie, possibly a light lunch in buffet (unplanned but normally resulting in a small mountain on the plate) and a three course dinner, you just don't need it.

Went to afternoon tea once and was underwhelmed, I guess I'm more of a coffee and Chocolate Journeys dessert person than a dinky sammies with tea person.

Our cruise is just under two weeks to go and during the week I spotted Activities Timetable on the App (also email yesterday from Princess re Activities). Scrolling through you can bookmark activities you're interested in - the morning and afternoon tea events for your cruise are shown there. 

Screenshot_20220709-074017_MedallionClass.jpg

• Like 2

Not afternoon tea fans either, but had a go at the one on QM2 - it was after all Cunard. 

Devstated when I realised they used clotted cream on their scones (very English) instead of real whipped cream 🙄

4 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Not afternoon tea fans either, but had a go at the one on QM2 - it was after all Cunard. 

Devstated when I realised they used clotted cream on their scones (very English) instead of real whipped cream 🙄

If you have scones with jam and cream in Devon and Cornwall, it is always with clotted cream.  When I discovered you could buy little pots of clotted cream I was delighted.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

15 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

If you have scones with jam and cream in Devon and Cornwall, it is always with clotted cream.  When I discovered you could buy little pots of clotted cream I was delighted.  

I LOVE clotted cream. Yes, it’s quite different from whipped cream. Both are good on scones and both are far superior to the simulated cream we experienced on Coral Princess. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Scones with jam and cream in Devon and Cornwall yummy. That brought back some good memories.🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Clotted cream is real cream, I'd be appalled if Cunard served anything else 😀

Edited by Drumbeat16
  • Like 3

On another note...I was heading down to Merimbula/Eden tomorrow to see Coral Princess arrive and depart on Tuesday, first ship in there for 2 and a half years.  Was going to take some pics for you nice folk. Guess what? I was washing the Nissan Qashqai this morning, up on a step ladder on a couple of rungs, feet slipped, down I came and injured my back. OK, but too sore to drive on a 3 hours journey down south.

I should start going to the automatic car wash and cough up $20. I had those stupid Japanese Safety Boots on. (thongs.)

779408825_th(2).jpg.dc0a385c7b53cc6d98046d1218bee286.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

On another note...I was heading down to Merimbula/Eden tomorrow to see Coral Princess arrive and depart on Tuesday, first ship in there for 2 and a half years.  Was going to take some pics for your folk. Guess what? I was washing the Nissan Qashqai this morning, up on a step ladder on a couple of rungs, feet slipped, down I came and injured my back. OK, but too sore to drive on a 3 hours journey down south.

I should start going to the automatic car wash and cough up $20. I had those stupid Japanese Safety Boots on. (thongs.)

Hope your back pain doesn't last too long Les. Wasn't it too cold for thongs? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Hope your back pain doesn't last too long Les. Wasn't it too cold for thongs? 

It was cool, like 2C here this morning, but I always wear thongs and shorts when washing the car.  I had not partaken of an adult beverage either, it was not high noon, 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, NSWP said:

On another note...I was heading down to Merimbula/Eden tomorrow to see Coral Princess arrive and depart on Tuesday, first ship in there for 2 and a half years.  Was going to take some pics for you nice folk. Guess what? I was washing the Nissan Qashqai this morning, up on a step ladder on a couple of rungs, feet slipped, down I came and injured my back. OK, but too sore to drive on a 3 hours journey down south.

Could have been natures way of saying - don't go near Coral Princess 😁

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Could have been natures way of saying - don't go near Coral Princess 😁

Indeed Geoff, the lurgy could arrive down south on Tuesday.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, NSWP said:

It was cool, like 2C here this morning, but I always wear thongs and shorts when washing the car.  I had not partaken of an adult beverage either, it was not high noon, 😁

Sorry you injured your back.  Hope you feel better soon.   I was looking forward to your comments on Coral Princess at Eden.  

First rule when you get older is get rid of the thongs and scuffs.  Being a Queenslander, like you I've worn shorts and thongs all my life, but have observed too many simple accidents due to wearing thongs and scuffs.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Not good, I hope it clears up soon.Take it easy. Done the same thing a while back on the Toyota  Kluger, being a fairly tall vehicle and that I had the door open, when the stool slipped I managed to grab hold of the door and ended up swinging on it. Thought it was funny until it closed on my fingers, all the wife could say was " idiot " no sympathy in my house. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Sorry you injured your back.  Hope you feel better soon.   I was looking forward to your comments on Coral Princess at Eden.  

First rule when you get older is get rid of the thongs and scuffs.  Being a Queenslander, like you I've worn shorts and thongs all my life, but have observed too many simple accidents due to wearing thongs and scuffs.  

About time Les invested in a pair of Crocs 😁

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Oh no, I hope you are on the mend and recovery quickly. Back injuries are so easy to do and can take a long time to resolve.