Why no Captain Club happy hour day 1?

LMaxwell

10 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

I view it as "more of the same" once the evening rolls around; bars open, food service open. It never really ends. Bars at resorts and on land manage with a constant change of guests. The answer feels a bit of a cop out. 

Most passengers arrive after noon. They need to unpack and go to a Muster Drill Most have drink packages. Lots of things for passengers and crew to do.There are work hour limits for the crew. A “happy hour “ is not an efficient use of time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orator said:

A “happy hour “ is not an efficient use of time.

Neither is this thread, but when has that stopped anyone from going ahead with it? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

That blows the whole "everyone has a drink package" out of the water I suppose

It was not supposed to be a drink package. It was meant to be a social time to mingle. I went to the lounge they had it in for that. The Captains Club host would be there too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orator said:

Most passengers arrive after noon. They need to unpack and go to a Muster Drill Most have drink packages. Lots of things for passengers and crew to do.There are work hour limits for the crew. A “happy hour “ is not an efficient use of time.

lol. it's an efficient use of my time 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Too bad for you. On Celebrity you will have to buy a drink or a drink package. 

I'll be just fine.  Maybe send an email to celeb w my suggestion/desire. Who cares? Have a nice day. 

8 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I'll be just fine.  Maybe send an email to celeb w my suggestion/desire. Who cares? Have a nice day. 

If you care you should send an email. I expect that the current policy is on autopilot from the past. Celebrity has made modifications to the happy hour from its original form. Now that the drinks on our sea pass cards and don't have to be obtained in a designated lounge maybe they could be convinced to add the first day.. 

14 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

I view it as "more of the same" once the evening rolls around; bars open, food service open. It never really ends. Bars at resorts and on land manage with a constant change of guests. The answer feels a bit of a cop out. 

Agree. RC makes it work just fine the first evening in the DL, CL and SL in the evening. 

54 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

They didn’t scan ours ours in the lounge on Explorer in January but they did ask our room numbers and they were keeping track

We did a B2B on the Explore in March. First two nights in the DL the server took our SeaPass cards. For the rest of the cruise including the second leg he just wrote down our cabin number. 

14 hours ago, jagoffee said:

We have had this discussion on line previously.  My last Celebrity cruise was in October 2021 (TA) on the Apex.  They had some kind of gathering in Eden’s where they served some appetizers, but I am fairly certain that it was open to everyone.

My last experience in the Sky Lounge was about a year before the shutdown.  Entrance to the Sky Lounge between 5-7 Pm was not restricted and I recall some people complaining about it.

I do not know if most people have some kind of drink package, but it seems like it to me for some time.   It would be Interesting to see the numbers.  Celebrity certainly knows.  

Personally I do not see much upside (or need) for Celebrity to add days and enhanced the free drink portion of the Captain Club benefits. I believe their focus is in a different direction.  Why would Celebrity what to expand a program that discourage people from purchasing with AI or to purchase a drink package?

I agree with Celebrity’s position that the previous 123 and BBB bundles caused confusion and it was somewhat difficult to manage. 

I am glad that Celebrity is back to offering “cruise only” fares for cabins below Aqua Class.  I would never take advantage of the fare, but it is good to have it.  The differences in fare compared to the AI does make it difficult to know the prices for each of the individual extra items.  It does seem like a good bargain.

But you really don't know and the only reason why  I questioned you on it. Our last Celebrity cruise was on the Summit, September 2019. The CC HH in the Sky Lounge was only for elite, elite plus and Zenith. Just like it was before that and I'm sure still is. I'll find out this September on the Summit. 

On 7/9/2022 at 11:13 PM, Orator said:

Crew is a bit busy on the 1st day.

Hello,

Whilst this is true, for as long as there is no single meeting place nor nibbles of varying temperatures and quality, then the only people affected by having Day #1 Happy Hour would be the bar staff. They would be serving anyway so the only difference between having and not having HH would be the account being charged - the Pax  or the loyalty programme.

Regards,

Cublet

I do like a drink with sail away and to toast the beginning of our cruise. We don't get the drink package so the Elite drinks are of value to us.

On our second celebrity cruise (Elite thru RC diamond) I asked DH to get us some 'Elite ' drinks for sail away, forgetting about the first day rule.  Of course he was told they are not valid on the 1st day but then the bartender kindly gave us them anyway. We did though purchase additional drinks later 

Edited by sgmn

It has been that way a very long time because having the CC event was probably hard to do on the first night. But now that they don't have the event, it doesn't make sense.

We are frequent cruisers, and do not have the drink package. 

I usually bring a bottle of wine and use it on the first night. I just think the policy is outdated and since so many people do have the drink package, it wouldn't cost them a lot to update the policy.

IMO, if it's so hard for the CC to host the evening CC HH on the first evening then Celebrity should load CC HH drinks on the top three tier level SeaPass cards for every night of the cruise. CC HH event or not. Senior officers gathering or not. Especially when everyone doesn't purchases the AIP or the CBP or PBP. 

Edited by davekathy

4 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Celebrity have actually made some updates this week.  No wording precluding usage in MDR.  Some minor upgrades in benefits compared to old. 

https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/07/11/celebrity-cruises-quietly-makes-changes-to-a-few-captains-club-loyalty-program-features/

That article may be from yesterday, but those changes were made a little while ago (maybe a couple weeks ago? I don't recall exactly).

4 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Celebrity have actually made some updates this week.  No wording precluding usage in MDR.  Some minor upgrades in benefits compared to old. 

The wording from the Celebrity Captain's Club benefits list is the same as it has always been:

"Unlimited complimentary drinks from the Captain's Club menu at most bars and lounges throughout the ship daily, between 5pm-7pm."

Dining rooms have always been excluded from this, and I see no change.

But good luck with trying to turn a cruise only fair and Elite status into an AI package.

We find it simpler and less hassle to simple pay for the AI upgrade.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bookitdanno said:

But good luck with trying to turn a cruise only fair and Elite status into an AI package.

I am not trying to do that and resent the accusation. You know better than that, act like it. 

Email the CEO and one of her exec team will answer it; this is the only way to get things done.  Countless examples of folks emailing the engagement center who claim to "pass their suggestion along" and never receiving a reply then folks getting suggestions implemented and/or things resolved (even petty things) by getting the exec team involved.  Some folks may not like this approach but emailing the CEO gets things done, arguing your viewpoint with random people on CC is a pointless waste of time.

• Thanks 1