Water Bottle policy on RCCL

16 minutes ago, mcmarya said:

What kind of water bottles can I bring on board?  I haven't been on Royal for ages and was unable to anything on the website.

Look in your cruise planner. Water goes on sale from time to time. It will be delivered to your cabin - much better than lugging water bottles around. I just bought 12 bottles / cans for $11.99.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mcmarya said:

What kind of water bottles can I bring on board?  I haven't been on Royal for ages and was unable to anything on the website.

If you want to bring it, you can bring up to 12 bottles/cans of non-alcoholic beverages, no larger than 17 ounces each.  THIS IS PER STATEROOM, not per person.  You must carry it on, it can't be in checked bags.  

It is on the website, here's the link.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rockmom said:

If you want to bring it, you can bring up to 12 bottles/cans of non-alcoholic beverages, no larger than 17 ounces each.  THIS IS PER STATEROOM, not per person.  You must carry it on, it can't be in checked bags.  of

It is on the website, here's the link.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

In regards to the 17 oz size, this is kind of quilivent to 500 ml.  Many bottled waters of this size list the 500 ml more promentity than the ounces

57 minutes ago, rockmom said:

If you want to bring it, you can bring up to 12 bottles/cans of non-alcoholic beverages, no larger than 17 ounces each.  THIS IS PER STATEROOM, not per person.  You must carry it on, it can't be in checked bags.  

There is zero ability for the port rent-a-cops to figure out who is traveling together (re: this is per stateroom). 

On the other hand, I would never carry around a dozen bottles of water in my handcarry until the rooms are available. I just buy it on the ship. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

There is zero ability for the port rent-a-cops to figure out who is traveling together (re: this is per stateroom). 

On the other hand, I would never carry around a dozen bottles of water in my handcarry until the rooms are available. I just buy it on the ship. 

Though have seen Cruisers stopped walking together trying to Carry 12each instead of per Cabin. This in April out of Miami and 2.5yrs ago out of Boston trying it with 2each Bottles of Wine, this where they even counted my 12 Pop Bottles

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

Water bottle vs bottles of water.

Guessing from the OP's wording I am not aware of any restriction on the type or size of a water bottle allowed on board. As for bottles of water this seems to have been thoroughly covered.

• Like 3

Thanks, I was actually concerned about a refillable bottle.  I have sometimes used a plastic 20 oz. coke bottle for bringing water ashore--if I lose it no big deal, I can recycle before heading home.  Holland America won't allow any plastic bottles of this kind onboard.  If not permitted, I will bring a more traditional water bottle.

Thanks!

We take wide-mouth reusable bottles.  Easier to fill from a glass, and can put ice in if we want it.

I had mine in my carryon, and port security asked me to show that it was empty.  Once she saw it, it was fine.

10 hours ago, mcmarya said:

Thanks, I was actually concerned about a refillable bottle.  I have sometimes used a plastic 20 oz. coke bottle for bringing water ashore--if I lose it no big deal, I can recycle before heading home.  Holland America won't allow any plastic bottles of this kind onboard.  If not permitted, I will bring a more traditional water bottle.

Thanks!

Any type of material is allowed -- whatever you choose.

29 minutes ago, Aussieontour said:

With regard to the water situation, Is drinking water provided free with meals?

Yes, along with tea, lemonade, coffee, hot tea, and a flavored sugar free drink along with some others. This isn’t bottled water, but ship water which is perfectly fine for drinking.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 8:24 PM, rockmom said:

I know this is the rule and some places enforce it, but getting on in Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) yesterday I saw at least 3 men carrying full cases of water on their shoulders and they got thru the terminal. Not sure if anything was said to them as they got on the ship, but I kinda doubt it.

7 hours ago, Aussieontour said:

With regard to the water situation, Is drinking water provided free with meals?

Drinking water is provided free all day in many venues. In addition to meals, you can get a glass of ice water free from any bar. Bear in mind that the water provided by the ship is produced by the same method as most bottled water. 

20 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We take wide-mouth reusable bottles

This.  I bring a 32 oz. Nalgene bottle as my primary, with a 16 oz. vacuum-insulated aluminum bottle as well.  For the majority of people, the quality of water on the ship should be no problem for consumption.  Some people have problems with ankles swelling from that water.

1 hour ago, hallux said:

This.  I bring a 32 oz. Nalgene bottle as my primary, with a 16 oz. vacuum-insulated aluminum bottle as well.  For the majority of people, the quality of water on the ship should be no problem for consumption.  Some people have problems with ankles swelling from that water.

I think most of the swelling / water retention issues are related to salt in the food and too much alcohol, rather than the water

• Like 4