Foldable chaise lounge

workermom

Would it be more convenient to ask for extra pillows so that you could prop them up to a sitting position on the bed?  Cabins are quite small and an extra lounge chair will make it quite tight.

• Like 1

Depending on the cabin, there may not be room for it.  
Some cabins have sofas or loveseats.  

There are semi reclining chairs on the balcony - maybe bring that inside?

You can kinda see the chairs with the reclining brackets in this pic.  

56F92801-CECB-40C3-9EBD-C7D6E38299B1.jpeg

Edited by CruisinFinsUp

Thank you and appreciate all the great suggestions!  However, problems with breathing require a slight recline with head support and slight leg elevation.  Laying in bed with pillows unfortunately does not work.  

30 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

If this were me looking for information of this type I would personally call in to ask.  Perhaps the "Allowable items" in the FAQ section?

Thank you - good idea

I would say yes if you can fit it in your cabin. Should fit in Balcony cat cabins and higher classification cabins. Would be a tight fit. I would obtain approval from Princess medical department. I have seen people carry on beach chairs which would be similar.

Check Amazon for “inflatable wedge pillow”.

Lots of options for head and for legs.  These should be easier to pack, be more comfortable, and not have to worry bout if they will fit in your cabin.

I agree with post #9  I would purchase one for his head and one for his legs and try them at home see if that works before bringing a chair on board that might or might not be allowed or fit in the cabin and you would have these for future vacations.

22 hours ago, workermom said:

Thank you and appreciate all the great suggestions!  However, problems with breathing require a slight recline with head support and slight leg elevation.  Laying in bed with pillows unfortunately does not work.  

Heart? Lungs? Ostructive Sleep Apnea?

If it's not heart or lungs, get him tested for OSA. Simple treatment for that one.

• Like 1

My internet medical school hasn't covered sleep issues yet...

But, I have read that it is possible to have the bed (or one of the beds) replaced with a chair rented from

a medical supply company.

I would call princess special needs...

Edited by Roberto256
  • Like 2

Respectfully, since this issue appears to be health-driven, your best and only solution is to discuss your concerns with Princess and try to get this ironed out before boarding. No one here can make or bend rules that might have to be bent or broken to accommodate a medical condition, and it isn't fair that you would have to discuss a private medical condition in this forum.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Respectfully, since this issue appears to be health-driven, your best and only solution is to discuss your concerns with Princess and try to get this ironed out before boarding. No one here can make or bend rules that might have to be bent or broken to accommodate a medical condition, and it isn't fair that you would have to discuss a private medical condition in this forum.  

Well said!

On 7/10/2022 at 12:49 PM, workermom said:

I have breathing issues as well and travel with an inflatable pillow I put under my pillows to raise me to an upright position to keep my oxygen up by keeping my airway open. It works for me but I don't move much once I'm asleep..

I was on a B2B cruise and watched one of the mobility rental companies come on board and after the steward removed one of the twin beds from the cabin the rental company then brought in a recliner. I found this interesting and noted that one of the people in that cabin was using oxygen. This was a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.

• Like 1