Online check in...

It could be a few hours up to several days. It may also depend on when check-in was done - on a weekday vs on the weekend.

It seems as though since we've recently cruised often, approval was very fast and within a few hours. 

Just my observations. YMMV

Edited by long4acruise
  • Like 1

I have one that's been 10 days, and the one for the next cruise B2B is 3 days out.  I want to see if the second one is approved more quickly after they approve the first one.

It's the same documentation  from our previous cruises, so they don't appear to be saving the data.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I’ve only sailed Princess and have no idea what you are all talking about.  Can you please explain the check-in process to the newbies?  Thank you.  

You can do online check-in ahead of time using the Royal App or your computer.  This lets you upload images of your ID (e.g. passport) and COVID-19 vaccine card, as well as fill out forms that you normally do at the port.  You will also select your port arrival -in time.  Early times go quickly, so you want to do this as soon as online check-in opens, which is usually at 12:01am departure port time, 45 days before embarkation.  Most people find the app easier to use and also it let's you pick your port arrival time first, then come back and fill in the rest.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rudeney said:

You can do online check-in ahead of time using the Royal App or your computer.  This lets you upload images of your ID (e.g. passport) and COVID-19 vaccine card, as well as fill out forms that you normally do at the port.  You will also select your port arrival -in time.  Early times go quickly, so you want to do this as soon as online check-in opens, which is usually at 12:01am departure port time, 45 days before embarkation.  Most people find the app easier to use and also it let's you pick your port arrival time first, then come back and fill in the rest.

Thank you.  Some in our party do not have computers and only have iPhone/iPads. Will this work or do you need an actual computer?  

36 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you.  Some in our party do not have computers and only have iPhone/iPads. Will this work or do you need an actual computer?  

You can check in via the web through a desktop computer, iPad, or iPhone or any device that connects to the Internet.  

You can also check in via the app which most people prefer using to do so.  

You do need to have your vaccine cards photographed for uploading and I think it’s easier using a phone or iPad so you can maneuver the camera to take a selfie for uploading or use it to scan in your passport.  You do not have to complete all the steps at once, however.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seannie said:

You can check in via the web through a desktop computer, iPad, or iPhone or any device that connects to the Internet.  

You can also check in via the app which most people prefer using to do so.  

You do need to have your vaccine cards photographed for uploading and I think it’s easier using a phone or iPad so you can maneuver the camera to take a selfie for uploading or use it to scan in your passport.  You do not have to complete all the steps at once, however.

Thank you so much.  I really appreciate your help.

We had a notification on our app this morning to check in 88 days out. We could put our PP and international Vax cert and on board CC. The arrival time at port and boarding time was not open yet for some reason?

Cannot seem to be able to go and check the detes we put now, weird!!!

Edited by SuitesRbest

12 hours ago, rudeney said:

You can do online check-in ahead of time using the Royal App or your computer.  This lets you upload images of your ID (e.g. passport) and COVID-19 vaccine card, as well as fill out forms that you normally do at the port.  

I recently completed the check-in process and uploaded images of the vaccination cards but didn’t see an option to upload images of the passports. I did fill in the passport numbers but again no image of the passport uploaded. Am I missing something?

12 hours ago, rudeney said:

We are not finding this to be the case.  Will you please elaborate with specific application in regards to app?  Today we are 67 days away, check in August 1.  We would like to upload documents prior as you share.  We are on the Enchantment, 8 nights Canada/New England.  Thank you!

53 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

We are not finding this to be the case.  Will you please elaborate with specific application in regards to app?  Today we are 67 days away, check in August 1.  We would like to upload documents prior as you share.  We are on the Enchantment, 8 nights Canada/New England.  Thank you!

I believe you are on the Sept. 22 cruise with us. I read elsewhere that checkin will open for us on August 8.  I never do it very far ahead, regardless; just enough to give myself time to do it without pressure.

• Thanks 1