What Ship Did You Celebrate Making Pinnacle?

OZ.

I crossed 700 on a three night Independence. I knew this itinerary did not have a top tier event, and that was okay with me. The LA gave me a complimentary specialty dining for the sailing, and the small private event took place in the Library with the Captain and several officers. They took pictures, and I received a small gift from the Captain. I enjoyed it, and was glad that I chose to go this route instead of one with a top tier event. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villager70 said:

We made Pinnacle on a three BTB on the Indy the same day we had our 52nd wedding anniversary.   

Will make our 1050 in about 10 weeks on the Allure.                                                                                                                                                                                                            Nancy & Bob

Now that was some timing!

• Like 1

All of you soon to be Pinnacles can then look forward to joining those of us    who are still waiting for our pinnacle pins and stratums to be made and delivered.  7 months for me now and some others have been waiting since last November.  I might make 1050 before I get my bling.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Anton said:

All of you soon to be Pinnacles can then look forward to joining those of us    who are still waiting for our pinnacle pins and stratums to be made and delivered.  7 months for me now and some others have been waiting since last November.  I might make 1050 before I get my bling.

I can make you one😁

20220710_141310.thumb.jpg.2b759e74345e2f7de2befe6ab474f074.jpg

20220715_113804.thumb.jpg.4560f11c58b5f44b679b5190ac6edef7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I can make you one😁

Thanks John.  I've actually made my own temporary pin.  I'm sure I'll be the envy of the loyalty event on Mariner next week.😄

IMG_3850.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 7/18/2022 at 5:47 PM, sowhat said:

Sailing on Adventure  of the seas, a couple  had their pinnacle  achievement  on the navigation  bridge  with large spread  of food and champagne  toast with most of the officers

Food pictures for couple's pinnacle  achievement  on Adventure  navigation  bridge

P1080684.JPG

P1080681.JPG

P1080674.JPG

P1080669.JPG

P1080667.JPG

• Like 3

On 7/19/2022 at 11:35 AM, Mikew0805 said:

I crossed 700 on a three night Independence. I knew this itinerary did not have a top tier event, and that was okay with me. The LA gave me a complimentary specialty dining for the sailing, and the small private event took place in the Library with the Captain and several officers. They took pictures, and I received a small gift from the Captain. I enjoyed it, and was glad that I chose to go this route instead of one with a top tier event. 

Very nice.

I guess that’s the difference in loyalty ambassadors/ Hotel directors.  Or maybe, you are “well-connected”.  

Our three night on enchantment was NOTHING. As I mentioned previously, we were offered a photo op. Thank goodness, the celebration was not important to me, honestly at that point I just wanted to get to 700. 

m

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Anton said:

Thanks John.  I've actually made my own temporary pin.  I'm sure I'll be the envy of the loyalty event on Mariner next week.😄

IMG_3850.jpg

Creative and clever. I hope you wear it to the pinnacle luncheon. 

m

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Very nice.

I guess that’s the difference in loyalty ambassadors/ Hotel directors.  Or maybe, you are “well-connected”.  

Our three night on enchantment was NOTHING. As I mentioned previously, we were offered a photo op. Thank goodness, the celebration was not important to me, honestly at that point I just wanted to get to 700. 

m

I'm with you on this.  When/if my time ever comes I am  skipping the photo op.  Now getting a free specialty restaurant dinner that would be nice

Edited by molly361
  • Like 3

On 7/20/2022 at 12:36 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

Very nice.

m

Well, definitely not "well-connected." However, I was on the Indy for the same 3 day cruise the week before and knew that there was no way my points from that sailing would post by the following Friday. So I engaged with the LA on that cruise to let her know that when I come back the following week, that the points from this week will not show. That is when she put everything into motion, and she told me to come see her when I boarded on the next cruise.

So when I did that, that is when they wanted to know certain things that she could speak to during the gathering like "First RCI cruise, favorite cruise, favorite ship, etc." She told me at that time to pick a restaurant and night, and it would be taken care of. I just assumed it was a benefit that I was unaware of and that all people who crossed to Pinnacle, got it.

I actually thought I liked this better than anything I have seen at a top tier event. The Captain spoke to me at length, gave me a hand made gift, (Which the other pinnacle member on board, who attended, had the same type of gift from this Captain. I got to interact with the hotel director, staff captain, a guest services officer, as well as the three LA's/Concierges that were present. There was a waiter with drinks, even though I and the other pinnacle was the only one that could have a drink. LOL 

It was really nice, and I could not have asked for a better, or more personal experience. Believe me, I am a nobody and not connected to anyone or anything.. When it was over with, I just assumed this was how it was on the sailings with no top tier event. 

• Like 4

On 7/20/2022 at 5:40 PM, molly361 said:

I'm with you on this.  When/if my time ever comes I am  skipping the photo op.  Now getting a free specialty restaurant dinner that would be nice

The couple  were asked to  receive  the award  at the top tier  reception  in ice rink but declined  as they are low profile  people  and blend  into the back ground.
Had a invited to specialty  restaurant  with hotel  director and Captain's table in main dinning  room , also declined. 
The  pinnacle achievement  on the  bridge was  a complete  surprise as they didn't  want  a fuss and no pictures, they just cruise for the vacation time and not C&A  points.

• Like 2

We adore our picture with the Captain and the LA (whom we got to know quite well) on Harmony in the Aqua Theater.   It was "sunglasses, shorts, and standing in the sun" type picture...no fancy stuff.  

Perfect for us, and now the framed picture is sitting on our "cruise corner table" with the Stratum.  Works for us, and I smile each time I see it when I pass by it.  😉 

• Haha 1

We've a double points offer on the Explorer in 2 weeks and will achieve our Pinnacle status on that ship.  Not the most exciting ship but hey, we're cruising again.  As recommended by many,  I'll probably go to the LA and make them aware of our achievement.  That Stratum in the Pinnacle box looks amazing.  Probably won't have my pin though for an October 2nd Panama Canal cruise.  Oh well 😏

11 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

…The Captain spoke to me at length, gave me a hand made gift, (Which the other pinnacle member on board, who attended, had the same type of gift from this Captain.…

What was the gift?

On 7/20/2022 at 12:40 PM, molly361 said:

I agree.  Our Pinnacle photo was hideous.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

That was the best laugh I've had in a long time  🤣

I've got 5 packs of gold post-it notes and and several extra-fine point Sharpies, so I can churn out temporary pins for anyone who needs one.   You'll have to provide your own safety pin though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1