What Ship Did You Celebrate Making Pinnacle?

OZ.

I should make pinnacle in either October or November. Do they acknowledge you on the cruise you turn pinnacle or the next one? I want to decide which ship to book for it. Which ship a better? Looking for a ship home porting in the US.

8 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Recognized (certificate/photo) in the Top Tier event on the cruise when you reach 700 points. 

Pinnacle benefits are awarded the next cruise. 

What about the ships? Do some do it differently or are they all the same? What about ships that don’t have the aqua theater where I have seen them? Where do they hold those and what are they like?

8 minutes ago, OZ. said:

What about the ships? Do some do it differently or are they all the same? What about ships that don’t have the aqua theater where I have seen them? Where do they hold those and what are they like?

The only difference is the venue.  On Freedom class they have the event in the forward lounge on promenade deck  (Star Lounge).  Should be the same for Voyager class.  I reached pinnacle on Freedom in January but at the time the Covid protocols meant I had a small presentation in the pinnacle lounge (the old cigar lounge by the Star Lounge) but they don’t have that happening now.  

• Like 1

I "officially" reached Pinnacle on the cruise after my celebration.  This is because my friends were getting off, while I was still on the next cruise.  One of them went to the LA and requested I be "promoted" on the current cruise they were on so they could celebrate with me. We drank my champagne and ate my pineapple-shaped cake at dinner that night!

Next cruise I reached Pinnacle, and my next one coming up in September another friend and I, also a "baby" Pinnacle, with get our full perks together.  

Edited by pcur
  • Like 3

In the past short cruises didn't always have top tier events so many people would make a point of choosing a ship to hit 700 on.  Sometimes people prefer one ship or one class or even one captain or hotel director.  Approaching 700 they track points more closely and book cruises to be recognized so that it has more meaning to them.

Quantum class often use Two70 but if a new cast needs more rehearsal time or if the top tier event is too large they will move it to the main theater.  On Mariner right now and top tier will be in the theater for this cruise.  Venues can change for a number of reasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Find the Loyal Ambassador upon boarding your cruise to insure they have you on their list of people being recognized for turning Pinnacle.  Our ceremony was on the 1st Sea Day at 10:30 a.m. in the Main Theater (on board Adventure).  We were instructed to sit in the front upon arrival.  The Loyal Ambassador called us up to the stage and we were presented with our ceriticate, crystal statue (sample), and bottle of champagne (delivery to our stateroom). Many pictures were taken during the presentation.  Pictures were delivered to our stateroom a few days later.  We turned Pinnacle in April 2022, and we are still waiting to receive our Pinnacle Box in the mail.

• Like 1

We made pinnacle on a three day Enchantment. They do not have a top tier event or any kind of celebration but offered to do a staged photo opportunity for us. 

We were also booked on the following four night cruise so they acknowledged us during the captains welcome that was held in the centrum. Basically just an acknowledgment, no other type of celebration, like we’ve seen others receive. No problem -We have our photo and that is really all we wanted. 

we never considered any specific ship for when we reached pinnacle nor do we consider it for our milestones. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

29 minutes ago, little britain said:

Are the smaller older ships more appreciative of you turning Pinnacle rather than the big flashy new ones - where everyone wants to turn?!

I miss turning on Wonder by 4 points … so I’ll be on Vision! 

grandeur only has been having a couple of pinnacles onboard and it's in that big lounge in the back where they do art auctions near the diamond lounge. I liked it there a lot better than liberty.

Liberty didn't in the ice skating lounge down a front isle where no one can hardly see or hear. Dont have it on liberty. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Are the smaller older ships more appreciative of you turning Pinnacle rather than the big flashy new ones - where everyone wants to turn?!

I miss turning on Wonder by 4 points … so I’ll be on Vision! 

I like having the presentations in the smaller lounges on the older ships as opposed to the arena style of the AquaTheater.   They seem more intimate and as a bonus you can hear everything.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pcur said:

I "officially" reached Pinnacle on the cruise after my celebration.  This is because my friends were getting off, while I was still on the next cruise.  One of them went to the LA and requested I be "promoted" on the current cruise they were on so they could celebrate with me. We drank my champagne and ate my pineapple-shaped cake at dinner that night!

Next cruise I reached Pinnacle, and my next one coming up in September another friend and I, also a "baby" Pinnacle, with get our full perks together.  

What ship was this on? Do they do the pineapple cake on all the ships? Any dancing or any type of partying?

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We made pinnacle on a three day Enchantment. They do not have a top tier event or any kind of celebration but offered to do a staged photo opportunity for us. 

We were also booked on the following four night cruise so they acknowledged us during the captains welcome that was held in the centrum. Basically just an acknowledgment, no other type of celebration, like we’ve seen others receive. No problem -We have our photo and that is really all we wanted. 

we never considered any specific ship for when we reached pinnacle nor do we consider it for our milestones. 

M

That’s strange they don’t do any kind of top tier event or celebration. I thought all the ships did something, but wasn’t sure what they did.

3 hours ago, sowhat said:

Sailing on Adventure  of the seas, a couple  had their pinnacle  achievement  on the navigation  bridge  with large spread  of food and champagne  toast with most of the officers

Wonder what they did to get that? Must have known someone.

2 hours ago, Anton said:

I like having the presentations in the smaller lounges on the older ships as opposed to the arena style of the AquaTheater.   They seem more intimate and as a bonus you can hear everything.

Thanks, I don’t think I would like the aqua theater.

22 minutes ago, OZ. said:

What ship was this on? Do they do the pineapple cake on all the ships? Any dancing or any type of partying?

That’s strange they don’t do any kind of top tier event or celebration. I thought all the ships did something, but wasn’t sure what they did.

Not all ships do a Pineapple cake and the acknowledgement is usually done at a C&A event that is not a party....although it may be called Top Tier Party. Typically there are no Top Tier events/party on 3/4 night cruises. 

In more recent times I'm happy to see some consistency in how the recognition is being handled. With consistency there isn't disappointment like I've seen in the past when one person/couples recognition was a big event and someone else on another ship.....or even the same ship but a different sailing and had the picture, a bottle of bubbly (or not) and their name announced. In 2012 we were with friends who made Pinnacle. There wasn't one officer at the event to recognize them (officers were at the Suite party) so it wasn't the special recognition that it should have been.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, OZ. said:

What ship was this on? Do they do the pineapple cake on all the ships?

This was on the Navigator.  No partying, but the late morning get-together is nice with champagne and mimosas.  The cake is a nice touch, too. Picture is with the champagne, certificate, and the cake.  

Not all ship's do the cake.

It was quite a large cake, too.  6 people eating it for dessert, and I gave half to the dining room staff.  They were soooooooooooooooo excited to have it, too.  I found out the next evening they spread the word, and as everyone was cleaning and setting up the dining room for breakfast, they all snuck back to the kitchen to eat cake.  

• Like 1

I love this site for learning new things!!!!!  I always thought that you got your status "after" the cruise you achieved it on .  We're sailing this August on Explorer OTS and on that cruise we hit Pinnacle (701 points, finally 😅).  I guess we'll receive the actual Pinnacle "benefits" on the following cruise which is when I assumed you'd get your rewards, which for me, that cruise will be on the Serenade for a 13 night Panama Canal cruising in September.  And, truth be told, I never knew you got a Pineapple Cake and wondered why all Pinnacles were called "Pineapples"; duhhhhhhh 🤣

Edited by Surfguyxxx

We made Pinnacle on a three BTB on the Indy the same day we had our 52nd wedding anniversary.   

Will make our 1050 in about 10 weeks on the Allure.                                                                                                                                                                                                            Nancy & Bob

• Like 1

21 hours ago, twangster said:

In the past short cruises didn't always have top tier events so many people would make a point of choosing a ship to hit 700 on.  Sometimes people prefer one ship or one class or even one captain or hotel director.  Approaching 700 they track points more closely and book cruises to be recognized so that it has more meaning to them.

Quantum class often use Two70 but if a new cast needs more rehearsal time or if the top tier event is too large they will move it to the main theater.  On Mariner right now and top tier will be in the theater for this cruise.  Venues can change for a number of reasons.

We were one cruise shy of turning P...before Covid shut down.   That carrot was pushed further and further away while the cancellations piled up.  Originally was supposed to be on Grandeur...we wanted a smaller ship for the ceremony.  

After the dust settled and restart began...it ended up being Harmony as first ship not to be cancelled....sigh.   But hey..been there done that..got the T-shirt.  😄 

• Like 1