No hand/body lotion on Princess Cruises?

Famsw

We just returned from a Caribbean cruise, aboard the Caribbean Princess of course. It has been a few years since we cruised with Princess.  We liked the shampoo and body lotion in eco-friendly dispensers in the shower! But we had no idea hand/body lotion was not supplied.  In the Caribbean of course its very necessary with the strong sun and pool time. So, just a warning to all, bring your own!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Were the dispensers still located in the shower?  If so...perhaps a steward who was lacking in his/her duties?

In our experience, including on the Caribbean Princess in January and the Enchanted Princess in March, the body lotion has never been in dispensers.  It has always been in tubes.  The shampoo/conditioner and bath gel are in the dispensers located in the shower.

• Like 4

None available from cabin steward.  Yes, normally they are in a separate tube.  Also, our poor single cabin steward cleaned 17 cabins...all by himself.  He did a great job and got double the normal tip.

• Like 1

We just returned from the Crown to Alaska and we had our tubes of lotion in our cabin as did our family members in adjoining cabins. Our cabin steward, Kent, was amazing!  We tipped him quite well!

• Like 2

Currently in Grand Princess, boarded July 6, seems like individual lotion  tubes are gone and now have on bathroom sink, dispenser for liquid soap and separate dispenser for lotion,  says Eucalyptus and Sea salt for lotion and blue color Liquid Eucalyptus and Sea Salt for hand soap, I did not ask if bar soap was available, in the shower is shower gel and shampoo/conditioner in 2 separate dispensers.

Elite amenity did have a tube of conditioner, 2 qtips and a nail file.

• Like 5

We received a tube of lotion on our 7/2 to 7/9 Caribbean Princess cruise.  We also got the shampoo/conditioner and the body wash in the shower dispensers.

We did not get bar soap, separate conditioner or any of the Elite upgraded toiletries. 

• Like 1

With so many travel suppliers going to the wall-mounted toiletries and skipping the individual bottles, I have just gotten in the habit of bringing my own in small bottles that I buy at CVS. In fact, I checked into a hotel last night and the bathroom had one of those counter stands purpose built to hold 4 different small bottles of toiletries with a designated space for each one, and there was only one small bottle on it. (Hand/Body Lotion).  It looked so silly and out of place all by its lonesome.  The days are over when I will rely on a hotel or cruise ship to supply me with those items.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

The attached file won't open.  Maybe convert to jpg??

Not working but we were given the lotion, the little round soap, a shower cap, eye mask and an emery board. 
Our family members got the lotion.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, capriccio said:

In our experience, including on the Caribbean Princess in January and the Enchanted Princess in March, the body lotion has never been in dispensers.  It has always been in tubes.  The shampoo/conditioner and bath gel are in the dispensers located in the shower.

Sorry! I misread the intent of the original question.

On Enchanted last November and Sky this May, I had lotion and liquid soap in dispensers on the countertop, and shampoo/conditioner combo and shower gel in dispensers attached to the shower wall. No bar soap or tubes of lotion in either cabin (both inside cabins, and I’m not elite, so these were just the standard offerings).