The worst cruise we have experienced.

kcmufan

On 7/21/2022 at 10:17 AM, msmoger said:

Just curious, where do you see the Caribbean Princess (the subject of this thread) as scheduled for a world cruise itinerary?  I only see the Island and coral.

Whoops meant Island, sister ship

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spookyfudge said:

Whoops meant Island, sister ship

The Island Princess is not a sister ship to the Caribbean Princess.  It was originally a sister ship to the Coral Princess but within the last decade underwent a major change when additional cabins were add at the expense of losing a lounge and aft viewing areas.

• Like 4

• Administrators

Hi all,

I just wanted to share some information to all of you who commented on this being their "first post" on Cruise Critic.  You see, I directed this person to post in this forum (as their submission to the published review section of the site was returned).  It's what we do...if you have legitimate information or issues to share but they aren't "review material"  I will send them to the forums to share with you all; of course hoping that you'll all offer insight and helpful suggestions.

Laura

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, LauraS said:

Hi all,

I just wanted to share some information to all of you who commented on this being their "first post" on Cruise Critic.  You see, I directed this person to post in this forum (as their submission to the published review section of the site was returned).  It's what we do...if you have legitimate information or issues to share but they aren't "review material"  I will send them to the forums to share with you all; of course hoping that you'll all offer insight and helpful suggestions.

Laura

I think most of us did offer helpful suggestions.  So, this OP doesn’t come back to give more information or at least acknowledge anyone trying to help?

Maybe the OP just wanted to do a review only?  Or wasn’t sure how the forum works?

Thank you for letting us know.

• Like 3

I have gone through this thread and have yet to see if  Original Poster came back with a cabin number.

We are sailing on The  Caribbean  Princess for 16 days in August.  Have been on new ships and older.

Each has good points and not so good.  Just as some cruisers have great things to say about the Caribbean Princess and some cruisers not so good.  Would never stop me from sailing on a particular ship if it was the itinerary i wanted.  I judge a cruise and ship while i am on .  A lot of times things happen and you need to handle it the best way you can.  I try not to let it spoil my holiday.

Now as for the Original Poster not coming back perhaps there was more or less to the story. 

I will do a review when we return from our cruise.  I am looking forward to it as it is our first since covid .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2022 at 3:04 PM, HSBC said:

K,

Sorry to hear that.

What is your cabin #?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in responding. Something happened to my post on here and it "disappeared". I had to notify CC and they fixed the issue. Our cabin number was R701. Apparently, the issue was around the aft starboard elevator because the smell was really strong in that same area on deck 7 outside Club Fusion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9

On 7/20/2022 at 4:16 PM, CineGraphic said:

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Pay no attention to those who feel compelled to say that they've sailed 300+ days on Princess and this has never happened to them. And let's not forget those who will chime in and say, "give them a break, it's a pandemic".

The response from Princess for many of us who've had bad experiences while on board has been underwhelming at best. In your case, Princess treated you like crap. (Pun intended)

Here's some contact info if you don't already have it.

Mail Jan, and CC the others.

Jan Swartz jswartz@princesscruises.com

Collin Steinke
Director, Customer Relations
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
csteinke@princesscruises.com

Mario Siebaldi
Senior Vice President Guest Experience
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
msiebaldi@princesscruises.com

Thanks. I sent an email to Jan Swartz  shortly after we returned and go ZERO response. That says it all right there.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2022 at 10:35 AM, eclue said:

Please tell us the cabin number.....we are scheduled to go on the Caribbean Princess in two weeks....Hope it is not our cabin!!

R701. Avoid the aft elevator areas on the starboard side.

On 7/21/2022 at 10:22 AM, PacnGoNow said:

It would be helpful to know the cabin location, but the OP never replied.

I can tell you we were forward Caribe deck balcony and no issues.  I found the crew to be excellent and our crew was great this year we did 6 weeks on her before the dry dock.  Some at GS were fairly new, as with most ships, they are still learning.

So, you could check on some of the current roll calls and see how it is.

I wouldn’t believe 1 person who complains and never comes back on the forum.  JMo

Sorry. I don't spend all of my time on CC. I posted the comments to let others know about our bad experience. Also, the thread was locked and i was unable to respond until i contacted CC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, kcmufan said:

R701. Avoid the aft elevator areas on the starboard side.

Our favorite cabin is just down the hall from there. We had it booked for October.....glad we cancelled.

Thanks for coming back!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, kcmufan said:

Sorry. I don't spend all of my time on CC. I posted the comments to let others know about our bad experience. Also, the thread was locked and i was unable to respond until i contacted CC.

Thank you for responding.

On 7/21/2022 at 10:11 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

@kcmufan:  Thank you for sharing.  I'm sorry this happened to you.  My modest suggestion is to send a snail mail letter to Princess President John Padgett in Santa Clarita.  Yes, I'm asking you to type out your story (or better yet, write it out in longhand), find an envelope, find a stamp, stuff the envelope, affix the stamp, find a mailbox, and send it.  I've had decent results getting responses this way when I've done this for past problems.  If nothing else, it will get rid of some of the stress and anger you're feeling.

We did sent a handwritten letter to Customer Relations and got no response. We may try John or Jan Swartz

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kcmufan said:

We did sent a handwritten letter to Customer Relations and got no response. We may try John or Jan Swartz

That's a good start.  I'm not surprised it didn't get a response if it wasn't addressed to a specific person.

I still think Mr. Padgett is the person you want to talk to.  Jan Swartz is now John's boss, since she got a promotion during the pandemic. 🤐  Arnold Donald is Jan's boss for another five days before he heads off into the sunset.  I doubt he'll authorize anything significant in his final days.  Josh Weinstein is taking Mr. Donald's position.  He might be interesting to contact; maybe he (or his assistants) wants to fire up his underlings by pressuring them to correct their past misdeeds.

You can send your chosen executive(s) a copy of the same letter you already sent, if you have one.

• Like 1

Late coming to this post but wanted to add something   When we were on caribbean princess in january we were in club class minis on deck 9 port side and had no problems at all   We did notice an odor (not sewage but "fuel") on deck 7 starboard area   We are also sailing on this ship on august 5 from quebec city to nyc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP, I'm really sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I was on the Caribbean Princess July 9th to 16th and posted about how terrible a time I had because the AC and cold water didn't function in my room, D 223. The internet didn't work properly either. As a result, I am likely to look into cruises on another line in the future. When I stated this,  many posters responded with negative comments. I stopped commenting.

Maybe the OP never returned because they've been accused of lying, borderline harassed by folks, and otherwise received negative responses. Just because a person doesn't have a positive experience on your favorite cruise line doesn't mean they are personally insulting you. Just because they had a negative experience and you had a positive experience doesn't mean anything. You all do realize that there are thousands of people on a ship, each having a different experience, right?

In any case, there are many reports in various threads about issues on this ship.  I would advise those who are thinking about booking on it to seriously consider the number of bad reviews/complaints on the forums.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gepgelmik said:

OP, I'm really sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I was on the Caribbean Princess July 9th to 16th and posted about how terrible a time I had because the AC and cold water didn't function in my room, D 223. The internet didn't work properly either. As a result, I am likely to look into cruises on another line in the future. When I stated this,  many posters responded with negative comments. I stopped commenting.

Maybe the OP never returned because they've been accused of lying, borderline harassed by folks, and otherwise received negative responses. Just because a person doesn't have a positive experience on your favorite cruise line doesn't mean they are personally insulting you. Just because they had a negative experience and you had a positive experience doesn't mean anything. You all do realize that there are thousands of people on a ship, each having a different experience, right?

In any case, there are many reports in various threads about issues on this ship.  I would advise those who are thinking about booking on it to seriously consider the number of bad reviews/complaints on the forums.

But just because you had a bad experience on one of the older ships in the fleet, why contemplate writing the entire line off?  Cruise on one of the Royal Class ships and you should be problem free.