The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday July 24th, 2022

richwmn

Hi everyone!  Before I read the whole Daily I have to report in on the Finals.  It started at 7:30 am.  Every time the Tigers scored a goal, within 5 minutes Iowa United would score so they kept it tied up until the end of regulation time.  It was 3 to 3 after 80 minutes of play.  Then after a short break they had two 15 minute periods of play (overtime I guess they call it) and that ended in a 3 to 3 tie still.  So after a little break they started something called penalty kicks.  Each team takes turns having five players kick the ball towards the net and goalie.  Tigers hit all 5 and our great goalie Max blocked one of their kicks.  Once the Tigers kicked their 5th successful ball in the net it was OVER!  5 to 3.  Tigers won first place against an equally good team, Iowa.  Ren played well again today and was one of the 3 goals for our team.  He scored in every game this week at least once.  Boy, those kids were drenched in sweat and very tired after playing for 2 hours and 45 minutes.  There were a lot of people on the sidelines waiting for the end of this game so their teams could play, but they got to see some good action, that's for sure! 

So congrats to the Tigers!  Now I can relax and enjoy their happy victory.  It was so stressful this morning, I'd hate to see our blood pressure readings!  Going back to read the Daily now - just wanted to let you all know in case anyone was wondering.🏆

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

Greetings from the Rotterdam in Rotterdam.  We are moving away from the pier now and the horn is blowing.  We had a nice quiet relaxing morning with most passengers gone.  The exciting news is we get to go back to Eidfjord.  That is such a cute town.  We might check out the Kayaks.   796892D6-20EC-4C5C-BEDC-58C7CC434B0D.thumb.jpeg.5d095f50569ec5ce3594a3ed202ee245.jpeg58B11213-A90F-419E-B832-92BA2E7485EE.thumb.jpeg.3a5175ed744cfae3fc24652f1a9d493a.jpeg

• Like 38

Congratulations to the Tigers!!!!

Sunny here and partly cloudy. Rain is supposed to make an appearance this evening - maybe. I have a friend at an outdoor dog shoe in Flagstaff and she says it poured there, so maybe there is hope.

The meal looks good.... I am going to have to try it. Have not been to today's destination. Maybe another year. I only had one cousin but I never met him and he passed a number of years ago. Somehow we were never able to connect.

This coming week is going to be a big one at the shelter. Tomorrow the ceiling work in the kennel area will be finished up and we will do a final mop down and then on Tuesday the new kennels arrive and installation starts. They hope to have the main area completed by Friday and then two smaller areas (courtesy hold and intake) will be completed early next week. After that the remaining ceiling tiles for the public are due to put in place and a bit later 3 doors that were found to be heavily rusted will be replaced and we will be done!!!! Those doors will take awhile but we should be fully functional soon. We have been operating by appointment only and we have lots of dogs and especially kitties needing homes. The whole renovation is going to come in around 1.2 million $$$ but should hold us for many years. And I have to tell you it has been a strain for me.... this old lady hates to be responsible for spending the organization's money.

Anyway, today will be spent getting my house in order so that I can be out to watch how those dollars are spent. I hope to get away to get my hair cut on Wednesday. I feel like a Shetland pony. And then, as things hopefully slow a little, I need to get to Baltimore/Washington area to visit with my sister. And sometime, yes, I want to book a cruise!!!

Susan

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

@0106 thanks for today's recipes . I make the tomato based shaksuka for breakfast/brunch at least once a month, having learned to enjoy it when I visited Israel many years ago. I had  not heard of a green version and the Mexican inspired version is calling my name. It would be a great light supper. Especially as today is tequila day and a margarita could be enjoyed with it.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone,

I have finally caught up with last week's postings. I was sailing on the Allure again, last minute booking one of the benefits of living near the Port!

I know I will miss someone if I try to reply individually so I wish everyone happy celebrations and strength to those going through difficulties at this time.

This group is appreciated and it is great to keep up with everything going on in each other's lives.

Mary 

• Like 19

It's still a Good Morning, Friends!  I'm finished reading and a big thank you to all who congratulated the Tigers (and Ren).  @cat shepard, @smitty34877, @ger_77, @JazzyV, @puppycanducruise, @durangoscotsand to @rafinmdfor including them on the Celebration list.  

Thanks to @richwmnfor posting the Daily and Fleet Report for us.  I love that it's Cousins Day and Parents Day.  I have a lot of cousins that I rarely get to see, but my kids have some close relationships with their cousins.  In fact one of their cousins went to Orlando for the week just to watch Ren play.  Her brother is also a big supporter of Ren but he didn't make it this time.  It's nice we have a day to honor Amelia Earhart for all she accomplished but sad about the end of her life being such a mystery.  No thanks to the menu suggestion because I too don't like barely cooked eggs.  Not sure it would be the same cooking those yolks thoroughly.  Taiohae, Nuka Hiva, French Polynesia was listed here on July 14, 2021.

@JazzyVVanessa I hope the power has come back on.  This is not the best time for no AC with the heat this month.  And I hope the food hasn't started to spoil or defrost!

@lindaler Linda, great news about your son's new house.  Very nice of you to help him buy one and settle in there.  

@mamaofamiCarol, so sorry your son is feeling so ill.  Luckily for my DSIL he tested negative yesterday after a week of being positive.  They celebrated by eating out at a restaurant (and outside too).  Today is church for them and since he is recently converted to Catholicism he doesn't like to miss mass.  Hoping your son starts feeling better soon.

Here's my offering on Nuka Hiva from last year.

We visited Nuku Hiva, French Polynesia on our 2017 Maasdam South Pacific cruise.  The Maasdam had a lot of problems with their tender operations on that cruise, taking up to 3 hours to get us all ashore due to using too few tenders or tender platform mechanical issues.  That day we lined up at a platform and were told we had to move to a forward platform and wait for a different tender.  Many unhappy passengers that day!  View from the ship at breakfast.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJrh5UxOETjfQbMb3h4O9v8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJwiq5MblWw6-HQKyAbVclz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Taiohae is a tiny village.  There were tours available using local 4 x 4's but not nearly enough to take a majority of the ship's passengers.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL_vAThvA26nMYt70cCwjv1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKyIV1Fw_Dr231HeSjhNOhz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIbfF4IK4y3btXopvSz_Pm7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This is a restaurant which had wi-fi but believe me not good enough to even load your email.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIflhnMhFOaY8kiLCgXvyfZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Entertainment for everyone.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2tugFBongYnro22bdLuO3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

A few of the trucks ready to take people on their tours.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLxjJ0BpfuH2ta9lGgYT-ON?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The remainder of the passengers decided to shop!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJCr7y7-KVlSO6wXMVkz0_w?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJg6xzSH09I68K9flws6Een?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Interesting carvings00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIMghOYVuZTd9GnyHEZmzfY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This was the food market00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKIMl1FIzcMRIcvoxzEogRO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

But what we enjoyed was the view from shore.  It is really a lovely area.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVs5NcGmQbwr6MopS7o1QV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKeXwBH-Ygx1Bpt0RJZRo3D?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKawZ0PHfSA8eAX41JqbRax?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmBNDr0LJ8MLS7wUUdzQAZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvJnx78qL8k_eZHATbeySD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhDaCvFwqw4uGrM4sfWNDJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

As we lined up to tender back to the ship we were met with these dancers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJRv31qosrOOHUWftjYWRQv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

As we tendered away we saw this interesting scene on a hillside.  ((not real))00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjrw16b8PFQzF5a6fgB6ij?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

Good morning all!

Our area is heading into higher temperatures.  The news says we haven't had a 4-5 day streak of 90 degrees since 1945.  Then it will cool off again.  I do love living here, especially when I read about the heat in the rest of the country! At least when it gets hot here we know it won't last a long time.

I often wonder what happened to Amelia Earhart.  I have 14 first cousins, 12 still living.  One is very close to me.  We don't live near each other but get together whenever we can.  I miss my parents very much.  Mom passed in 2010 (within 3 days of losing my dear sister) and Dad passed 4 years ago at the ripe old age of 101!

I'll pass on the red wine, but the drink sounds refreshing.  I must be the only person who doesn't think a runny egg plopped on top of my food (especially greens) looks appetizing. 😂  I like all the ingredients, and I like my eggs a little runny, but no thanks to having runny eggs with greens.  

Taiohae will be our last port on the 2024 Grand Australia so I love the photos Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserand Sandi @StLouisCruisers posted today!  Thank you!

Vanessa @JazzyVoh my, I'm SO sorry you still don't have power 😞  Have you thought of spending maybe one night at a hotel (if there is one with power) just to get a break?  It sounds miserable.

Sandi @StLouisCruiserswhat an exciting game!!  A big congratulations to Ren and the rest of his team.

Debbie @dfishthank you for "checking in".  Looks like you're having a ball!!

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Blessed Sunday morning!

Thankful the Tigers won. Another game day for Sandi and she'd be a wreck!

Prayers lifted to everyone on Roy's care list.

Our last week on Maui and going through our list of things we'd still like to do. No ocean dip this morning as we're going to have coffee and head out for brunch. 

I have enjoyed Sandi and Lenda's pictures and would have visited the island in 2020 except you know what happened and we were kicked off Oosterdam. 

@aliaschief enjoy Scotland. Have been several times. Will you be in Edinburgh for the Tattoo in August?

Wishing everyone a great day. Prayers,  Cheers and Blessings 

Stay cool!!

image.png.416a6b7ac37e56f8ab60523b97faa998.png

image.png.11a26dacd8e43d09667c0f39326f215d.png

image.png.97cc06d9290937acbc4a7be5c1993270.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Nuku Hiva was our last island on a great cruise aboard Maasdam in 2019. It was the EXC In-Depth experiment, which we really loved despite some glitches, and we'd love to see it come back. We found Nuku Hiva kind of a lackluster stop after several fun island and atoll ports. But this sunset photo was a great exit, signaling seven days at sea before we would set foot in San Francisco.

NH2.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Sunday report, Rich and Graham for the message (Is something so short a sermon of a homily).  My parents have been gone for over 2 decades now but left a lasting legacy.  I cherish my remaining cousins although none live close to me.  Amelia Earhart was a great pioneer and a sad loss.  Been to NukaHiva just once in 2018.  Love the Bronte quote.  No idea what the meal is.  My alternative is Caesar Salad, Pasta Parcel with Zucchini Ribbons, and Topfen Palatcchinken  as served on my first Prinsendam Mariner Brunch August 3, 2011.

Today’s care list:

JazzyV without power
ger_77 losing cruising friend
Mamaofami son with covid
Heartgrove brother discharged but rapidly declining
Marshhawk DH awaiting biopsy 2/26
The locks at Ijmuiden
From the rotation:
Amy adjusting to widowhood and children
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1), msmayor (5/20) and JAM37 (7/7)
Strength and healing for Kazu
Tana with persistent problems

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Royal Lifesaving Medal for ger_77 DS
Tigers in the finals
Seasick Sailer in Hawaii
Cruisin Single with sister to 7/28
Aliaschief in Scotland until 8/13
Volendam caring for refugees
0106 covering menu suggestions until 8/1
dfish (Rotterdam 7/17 to 7/31) and Gail&Marty (10/15), Vict0riann  (Nieuw Statendam (7/16 to 8/9) and Cat in My Lap (Zaandam to 8/13)  at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

Father David records the sermon at 6.30am at church and sends us a copy around 7.15am.

In church the sermon lasts about 8 minutes as David adds a little extra humour in.

Our Church of England service starts at 10.15am and finishes at 11.15am.

Father David chats to us all outside as we are exiting the church.

Graham.

IMG_20220724_114140.jpg

• Like 15

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from sunny, breezy central Texas.  Our weather is still the same, hot.

Amelia Earhart was n aviation pioneer and an amazing woman.  I am not close to my cousins.  Even though my parents many years ago, I still honor them.

The quote is interesting and should be true for all of us.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  The wine sounds interesting.

We have been to Nuka Hiva twice.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I'm sorry you are still without power.  Hope it is restored soon.

@smitty34877  Terri, it is good news that Tana seems less anxious and there have been good days.

@StLouisCruisers  Fingers 🤞 for a win today for the Tigers.

@cat shepard  Ann, another great meme from the girls.

@kazu  Jacqui, don't get too hot in the garden today.

We have been fortunate to visit Nuka Hiva twice. in 2002 on the Volendam APEC cruise and in 2004 on the Tahitian Princes.  In 2002, there were no tours offered as it was a relatively new port, but we were lucky to find a French lady who gave tours in her Land Rover Discovery.  The first group of pictures are from our 2002 tour.   We were there shortly after Survivor Nuka Hive was aired. 

On our tour, we drove into the interior of the island, and our first stop was at a small hotel and restaurant where we had a beer and fried taro, which was good.  We also got a look at their hydroponic garden and some of their fields.  I thought the gardens might interest the Garden Club.

IMG_2267.thumb.JPG.2d7df6079833af6e4a3e82451a7209ed.JPG

IMG_2275.thumb.JPG.b57e376e2701224d01d75db0644247f0.JPG

IMG_2277.thumb.JPG.411afacf4c9e737b2f123069656cc128.JPG

IMG_2281.thumb.JPG.fe759fb853ce75c33861a1be862955c0.JPG

A look down at the road and a village nestled in a valley

IMG_2288.thumb.JPG.52c74943e747010052e95bbe21c698ab.JPG

IMG_2298.thumb.JPG.119f80e60409bae44ae2a443d0e284a2.JPG

Our next stop was a marae, a Polynesian religious site.

IMG_2315.thumb.JPG.5e8d34ce6fedeb28e62bd179a928b2d4.JPG

IMG_2318.thumb.JPG.331b8ec162ad50f8e1fa9f52e0254762.JPG

IMG_2319.thumb.JPG.c9fd2a5e944a3e912672ad7dae0e3d7c.JPG

IMG_3984.JPG

Next was the remains of a church

IMG_2328.thumb.JPG.9445d34d757b8f4dd7f9caea750fdca5.JPG

Back in town, we stopped at the local church and a statue of John Paul II

IMG_2334.thumb.JPG.eb797aa4e44d3cf8beda17b1579fe382.JPG
IMG_2332.thumb.JPG.efbcee029b0d322147cde545c032ce7f.JPG

Back at the dock, the Executive Chef, F&B Manager, etc, were buying the fresh catch from local fishermen.  They told us the fish were for the crew and not for the passengers.

IMG_2342.thumb.JPG.8779b4b20769e60cadffb49430add248.JPG

IMG_2350.thumb.JPG.6c9de4c8357926c090e3f16f61ca679c.JPG

In 2004, we stayed in town and walked around.  We also took a truck to a restaurant on top of a hill where we had the most expensive cokes at $7 each.  The expensive view of town from the restaurant and the restaurant.

IMG_3977.thumb.JPG.da09e525e6d4ef5b821247d0c9169e15.JPG

IMG_3982.thumb.JPG.9e227b69d202ac6f94eb393dac6b6d36.JPG

A pretty tree or bush

IMG_3986.thumb.JPG.9c58ca92c0b7be21b907de7fcbcce818.JPG

The tender dock

IMG_3987.thumb.JPG.499f2642f65678e665f50cd26a6acb48.JPG

The sunset at Nuka Hiva

IMG_3990.thumb.JPG.342940b98cb7f72a1b14d8e68a3d7457.JPG

The beach were Survivor was filmed.  It was not really that isolated, and the crew stayed in the village back from the beach.  

IMG_2306.thumb.JPG.e0a8820e960a80dfcf08dd6c80cf2cee.JPG

Lenda

I love your photos.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Thanks for the info ..

Wow your 91 day cruise sounds amazing starting next Sunday.

I hope you have an awesome time.

Best wishes.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hi everyone!  Before I read the whole Daily I have to report in on the Finals.  It started at 7:30 am.  Every time the Tigers scored a goal, within 5 minutes Iowa United would score so they kept it tied up until the end of regulation time.  It was 3 to 3 after 80 minutes of play.  Then after a short break they had two 15 minute periods of play (overtime I guess they call it) and that ended in a 3 to 3 tie still.  So after a little break they started something called penalty kicks.  Each team takes turns having five players kick the ball towards the net and goalie.  Tigers hit all 5 and our great goalie Max blocked one of their kicks.  Once the Tigers kicked their 5th successful ball in the net it was OVER!  5 to 3.  Tigers won first place against an equally good team, Iowa.  Ren played well again today and was one of the 3 goals for our team.  He scored in every game this week at least once.  Boy, those kids were drenched in sweat and very tired after playing for 2 hours and 45 minutes.  There were a lot of people on the sidelines waiting for the end of this game so their teams could play, but they got to see some good action, that's for sure! 

So congrats to the Tigers!  Now I can relax and enjoy their happy victory.  It was so stressful this morning, I'd hate to see our blood pressure readings!  Going back to read the Daily now - just wanted to let you all know in case anyone was wondering.🏆

Congratulations to Rens team Sandi.

As a big football fan myself I understand how stressful it must have been especially the Penalty shootout at the end.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

It's still a Good Morning, Friends!  I'm finished reading and a big thank you to all who congratulated the Tigers (and Ren).  @cat shepard, @smitty34877, @ger_77, @JazzyV, @puppycanducruise, @durangoscotsand to @rafinmdfor including them on the Celebration list.  

Thanks to @richwmnfor posting the Daily and Fleet Report for us.  I love that it's Cousins Day and Parents Day.  I have a lot of cousins that I rarely get to see, but my kids have some close relationships with their cousins.  In fact one of their cousins went to Orlando for the week just to watch Ren play.  Her brother is also a big supporter of Ren but he didn't make it this time.  It's nice we have a day to honor Amelia Earhart for all she accomplished but sad about the end of her life being such a mystery.  No thanks to the menu suggestion because I too don't like barely cooked eggs.  Not sure it would be the same cooking those yolks thoroughly.  Taiohae, Nuka Hiva, French Polynesia was listed here on July 14, 2021.

@JazzyVVanessa I hope the power has come back on.  This is not the best time for no AC with the heat this month.  And I hope the food hasn't started to spoil or defrost!

@lindaler Linda, great news about your son's new house.  Very nice of you to help him buy one and settle in there.  

@mamaofamiCarol, so sorry your son is feeling so ill.  Luckily for my DSIL he tested negative yesterday after a week of being positive.  They celebrated by eating out at a restaurant (and outside too).  Today is church for them and since he is recently converted to Catholicism he doesn't like to miss mass.  Hoping your son starts feeling better soon.

Here's my offering on Nuka Hiva from last year.

We visited Nuku Hiva, French Polynesia on our 2017 Maasdam South Pacific cruise.  The Maasdam had a lot of problems with their tender operations on that cruise, taking up to 3 hours to get us all ashore due to using too few tenders or tender platform mechanical issues.  That day we lined up at a platform and were told we had to move to a forward platform and wait for a different tender.  Many unhappy passengers that day!  View from the ship at breakfast.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJrh5UxOETjfQbMb3h4O9v8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJwiq5MblWw6-HQKyAbVclz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Taiohae is a tiny village.  There were tours available using local 4 x 4's but not nearly enough to take a majority of the ship's passengers.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL_vAThvA26nMYt70cCwjv1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKyIV1Fw_Dr231HeSjhNOhz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIbfF4IK4y3btXopvSz_Pm7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This is a restaurant which had wi-fi but believe me not good enough to even load your email.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIflhnMhFOaY8kiLCgXvyfZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Entertainment for everyone.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2tugFBongYnro22bdLuO3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

A few of the trucks ready to take people on their tours.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLxjJ0BpfuH2ta9lGgYT-ON?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The remainder of the passengers decided to shop!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJCr7y7-KVlSO6wXMVkz0_w?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJg6xzSH09I68K9flws6Een?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Interesting carvings00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIMghOYVuZTd9GnyHEZmzfY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This was the food market00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKIMl1FIzcMRIcvoxzEogRO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

But what we enjoyed was the view from shore.  It is really a lovely area.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVs5NcGmQbwr6MopS7o1QV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKeXwBH-Ygx1Bpt0RJZRo3D?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKawZ0PHfSA8eAX41JqbRax?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmBNDr0LJ8MLS7wUUdzQAZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvJnx78qL8k_eZHATbeySD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhDaCvFwqw4uGrM4sfWNDJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

As we lined up to tender back to the ship we were met with these dancers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJRv31qosrOOHUWftjYWRQv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

As we tendered away we saw this interesting scene on a hillside.  ((not real))00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjrw16b8PFQzF5a6fgB6ij?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Nice photos Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. I'll salute Amelia Earhart. I don't have any cousins. Parents play such a critical role in out lives; my Mother has been gone for 29 years already. I like the quote. I'll pass on the meal. The drink seems refreshing. Not sure about the wine (wet rocks?).

I haven't been to today's destination. Thanks for the pictures @Quartzsite Cruiser@StLouisCruisers@Dr.Dobro

Well, the power finally came back on around 9AM (off 17.5 hours). So I set about setting clocks, and recharging my portable power packs. Then it went off again at 10:15. It came back on at 11:15 and so far so good. The AC is on (it's 90 currently)! I will need to start tossing eggs, dairy and some meats from the fridge a bit later, sigh.  The government has lists of what has to go if the fridge is above 40F for more than 2 hours. I have remote monitors of the fridge and freezer, and it got up to 52 in the fridge. The freezers should be ok. Possible scattered thunderstorms this evening, but it was the wind yesterday that did the damage. I'm also making a loaf of sourdough bread, and I need power for the oven. If power hadn't come back, I could have gone to BFF's house; he has a generator, but didn't lose power with the storm.

@grapau27 Thank you for Father David's sermon today. Happy Birthday to your cousin.

@smitty34877 I'm glad you all got to enjoy the neighbor's pool last night. I am happy to hear that Tana had visitors and is less anxious.

@mamaofami Prayers for your DS's recovery. 

@ger_77 Yes there was a storm yesterday. The rain wasn't terrible, but the winds were ferocious. Lots of trees and wires down.

@Quartzsite Cruiser It seems you've been almost everywhere! I'm jealous of all your travels.

@lindaler Good to hear that the offer on the house was accepted. 

@aliaschief It sounds like you're having a grand time. With all that walking, you can eat anything you want, I'd think.

@StLouisCruisers Congrats to Ren and the Tigers! It sounds like it was a nail biter.

@dfish Thanks for sharing your cruise. Enjoy!

@durangoscots I hope all that work at the shelter goes according to plan this week. 

@Sea Viewer Welcome home.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 6

Finally I seem to have enough wifi to post, and the time to do it!  We are at the Lincoln Center Stage, listening to Latin music.  We had a lovely two days with my cousin in Reykjavik, she took us all over, and we had one afternoon with her Icelandic kitten, Sindri (“he who sparkles”).  Unfortunately, the first day there, Pat was stung near his eye by a bumblebee!  He is allergic to stings, he hadn’t been stung for more than 20 years, so got away without anaphylactic shock, but eventually today, as his face was getting more and more swollen, I got him to go to the doctor, who gave him a lecture on what might have happened, plus an antibiotic and a strong antihistamine (he had been taking Benadryl).  Hopefully that will fix him up, but no alcohol while he’s taking drugs! So that is our second disaster, after losing his bag, I’m afraid to think what may be coming for the third!

I prayed for you all at Mass this afternoon.  

but I don’t seem to be able to add a photo of Sindri.

EBA5223F-B8AE-4C0D-A540-24FA20A008D8.thumb.jpeg.8327e166068313feb65abc5ed48119b7.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Taiohae will be our last port on the 2024 Grand Australia so I love the photos Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserand Sandi @StLouisCruisers posted today!  Thank you!

Vanessa @JazzyVoh my, I'm SO sorry you still don't have power 😞  Have you thought of spending maybe one night at a hotel (if there is one with power) just to get a break?  It sounds miserable.

Sandi @StLouisCruiserswhat an exciting game!!  A big congratulations to Ren and the rest of his team.

Debbie @dfishthank you for "checking in".  Looks like you're having a ball!!

You're welcome for the photos.  You will see so many great ports on the Grand Australia!  And yes the game was very exciting!  DS will call later (probably at the airport coming home) and tell us all about the awards ceremony.  Several players received awards including Ren and Max the goalie.  May be an image of 6 people, people standing and text that says '上 NATIONAL USYS CHA 22- w 2022 NATIONAL LCHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPI SERIES 15U CHAMPIONS'

Ren's in the back row with the taller players, and has his face nearly hidden by that big trophy Max the goalie was holding!

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I definitely feel sorry for the Iowa team.  They put in too much sweat and energy to come away without a championship but then again, somebody had to.

Roy

The way I look at it is the Tigers put in just as much sweat and energy as the Iowa team, but played a little bit better at the end.  They deserve first place and the Iowa team deserves second place which isn't too shabby!  I believe in merit awards, not a participation award for everyone.

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Blessed Sunday morning!

Our last week on Maui and going through our list of things we'd still like to do. No ocean dip this morning as we're going to have coffee and head out for brunch. 

I have enjoyed Sandi and Lenda's pictures and would have visited the island in 2020 except you know what happened and we were kicked off Oosterdam. 

@aliaschief enjoy Scotland. Have been several times. Will you be in Edinburgh for the Tattoo in August?

Stay cool!!

Thanks Joy for your good wishes!  I was really nervous today watching.  You're so right, I would have been a wreck if this had gone on any longer.   Love the memes.

57 minutes ago, Dr.Dobro said:

Nuku Hiva was our last island on a great cruise aboard Maasdam in 2019. It was the EXC In-Depth experiment, which we really loved despite some glitches, and we'd love to see it come back. We found Nuku Hiva kind of a lackluster stop after several fun island and atoll ports. But this sunset photo was a great exit, signaling seven days at sea before we would set foot in San Francisco.

NH2.jpg

That is a fantastic sunset!  I love the pink and purple ones.

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Congratulations to Rens team Sandi.

As a big football fan myself I understand how stressful it must have been especially the Penalty shootout at the end.

Graham.

I never would have thought we'd have to go from regulation time to overtime to a penalty kick shootout.  Thanks for your kind words.

25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photos Sandi.

Graham.

Thanks so much!

14 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. I'll salute Amelia Earhart. I don't have any cousins. Parents play such a critical role in out lives; my Mother has been gone for 29 years already. I like the quote. I'll pass on the meal. The drink seems refreshing. Not sure about the wine (wet rocks?).

I haven't been to today's destination. Thanks for the pictures @Quartzsite Cruiser@StLouisCruisers@Dr.Dobro

Well, the power finally came back on around 9AM. So I set about setting clocks, and recharging my portable power packs. Then it went off again at 10:15. It came back on at 11:15 and so far so good. The AC is on (it's 90 currently)! I will need to start tossing eggs, dairy and some meats from the fridge a bit later, sigh.  The government has lists of what has to go if the fridge is above 40F for more than 2 hours. I have remote monitors of the fridge and freezer, and it got up to 52 in the fridge. The freezers should be ok. Possible scattered thunderstorms this evening, but it was the wind yesterday that did the damage. I'm also making a loaf of sourdough bread, and I need power for the oven. If power hadn't come back, I could have gone to BFF's house; he has a generator, but didn't lose power with the storm.

@grapau27 Thank you for Father David's sermon today. Happy Birthday to your cousin.

@smitty34877 I'm glad you all got to enjoy the neighbor's pool last night. I am happy to hear that Tana had visitors and is less anxious.

@mamaofami Prayers for your DS's recovery. 

@ger_77 Yes there was a storm yesterday. The rain wasn't terrible, but the winds were ferocious. Lots of trees and wires down.

@Quartzsite Cruiser It seems you've been almost everywhere! I'm jealous of all your travels.

@lindaler Good to hear that the offer on the house was accepted. 

@aliaschief It sounds like you're having a grand time. With all that walking, you can eat anything you want, I'd think.

@StLouisCruisers Congrats to Ren and the Tigers! It sounds like it was a nail biter.

@dfish Thanks for sharing your cruise. Enjoy!

@durangoscots I hope all that work at the shelter goes according to plan this week. 

@Sea Viewer Welcome home.

Thanks Vanessa!  And you're welcome on the photos of Taiohae.  Darn on the spoiled food!  So wasteful and expensive to replace, too.

10 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Finally I seem to have enough wifi to post, and the time to do it!  We are at the Lincoln Center Stage, listening to Latin music.  We had a lovely two days with my cousin in Reykjavik, she took us all over, and we had one afternoon with her Icelandic kitten, Sindri (“he who sparkles”).  Unfortunately, the first day there, Pat was stung near his eye by a bumblebee!  He is allergic to stings, he hadn’t been stung for more than 20 years, so got away without anaphylactic shock, but eventually today, as his face was getting more and more swollen, I got him to go to the doctor, who gave him a lecture on what might have happened, plus an antibiotic and a strong antihistamine (he had been taking Benadryl).  Hopefully that will fix him up, but no alcohol while he’s taking drugs! So that is our second disaster, after losing his bag, I’m afraid to think what may be coming for the third!

I prayed for you all at Mass this afternoon.  

but I don’t seem to be able to add a photo of Sindri.

EBA5223F-B8AE-4C0D-A540-24FA20A008D8.thumb.jpeg.8327e166068313feb65abc5ed48119b7.jpeg

That is one of the most beautiful cats I've ever seen!  They could put that cat to work making cat food or litter product commercials.  Gorgeous eyes and coloring.  Poor Pat can't catch a break, can he?  Hope things start going smoother soon.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from hot central Texas.  We decided again today that we needed to get out of the house to just enjoy being out.  We decided on a ride in the convertible and left early enough to have the top down for a little more than an hour. 

There is a small town we go through when we head to Quartzsite but have never explored.  That was our first stop.  We then headed to another town where DH wanted to check out the courthouse.  On the way, we detoured to see Fairy, Tx, that can best be described as a wide spot in the road.  DH thinks they even closed the post offce there several years ago.

All in all, we had an enjoyable drive, and even got gas at about 20 cents a gallon less than our local station.  We were gone about four hours.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, what a nail biter win.  Congratulatiohs to the Tigers, Ren and Max.  I'm glad your DSIL finally tested negative.

@mamaofami  Carol, I'm sorry your son is still feeling so bad.  I hope he starts feeling better soon.

@aliaschief  It looks like you are having a good but busy time in Edinburgh.

@dfish  Debbie, thanks for checking in, and I hope the second week is as good as the forst week.

@Sea Viewer  Welcome home.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I'm glad the power is finally back on, but sorry you have to toss food.   When our fathers retired and started traveling, their travels were curtailed by ill health.  Both told us to travel while we were young and healthy, and we took their advice to heart.  After the DDs went off to college, we were able to take long RV trips and longer cruises.  As internet service expanded, DH was able to travel and work when he had internet.  At last count, we have been to 130 countries since our first cruise in 1987.

@durangoscots  Susan, I know you will be relieved when the work on the shelter is finished.  Hope you make it to see your sister soon.  In your free time, why not begin at looking at cruises.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, enjoy your last week in Maui.

@Vict0riann  Ann, I'm glad you had a great visit with your cousin.  But, I'm sorry Pat got stung by the bee.  Hope he is back to 100% soon, and that's the end of the drama for this trip. Beautiful cat.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Blessed Sunday morning!

Stay cool!!

No we leave on our grand private tour x 14 days of outer Hebrides but we did enjoy the Tattoo live on a recent trip. A great experience.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 14

The sun came out for a spell today just when we visited the Edinburgh Castle. It was raining again when we went to dinner. Hadrians Wall tomorrow but for now it’s early to bed. We overdid ourselves a bit today!😁

Pictures do not want to download!😡

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good hot and sunny afternoon. It’s currently 93 and feels like 103, when does winter start😎

Sadly, the local news just reported a drowning at our local lake . A young man in his 20’s was playing ball on the beach and chased it into the lake and did not resurface . 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists. Just remember 5 months tonight is Christmas Eve. Have you started shopping yet🎄

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4