PRIORITY?

cruisen cracker

Just checked in via ap for my August cruise.  We are elite (big deal?) and have a Concierge class cabin.  The earliest time we could board is 1 PM.  Is this what Celebrity is now calling Priority Boarding?  As hotel has a 11 am check-out time it looks like we will have around 1 1/2 hours of standing with our bags (Not fun as a disabled vet) and miss the Concierge lunch.  Any suggestions on getting an earlier time?

3 minutes ago, cruisen cracker said:

Just checked in via ap for my August cruise.  We are elite (big deal?) and have a Concierge class cabin.  The earliest time we could board is 1 PM.  Is this what Celebrity is now calling Priority Boarding?  As hotel has a 11 am check-out time it looks like we will have around 1 1/2 hours of standing with our bags (Not fun as a disabled vet) and miss the Concierge lunch.  Any suggestions on getting an earlier time?

Tier level and concierge class means squat. The 1:00 PM time you selected on the app isn't when you board the ship, it's when you are to arrive at the embarkation terminal for the check in process.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to say... But if your cruise is in august, you are a bit late to the party🤭

I do hear you and understand your irritation. 

But I strongly recommend that you arrive at your designated time. Because otherwise it will be a mad house. The processes for ckin takes a bit more time, due to visuell check og papers/vaccine/test etc. 

I had 2 cruises in may. One I arrived on time and went strait onboard in 15.min. To weeks later I arrived on my time slot. But the rest of the cruise also arrived.... Well, it took 2h in line just to proceed the ckin. 

I had a suite, but they did pick out people that had priority. So everyone had to wait until their turn. 

Currently to limit over crowding in the Terminal they are using a boarding time selected during check-in.    Once inside they usually have priority counters for each category. 

Remember like airlines everyone has some priority but some priority are higher than others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, cruisen cracker said:

Priority boarding for COncierge and for Elite has been suspended for the time being. No one knows when they will be able to reinstate it.

56 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Priority boarding for COncierge and for Elite has been suspended for the time being. No one knows when they will be able to reinstate it.

We were on Solstice last week.  After going through the security section, long line for check in.  No designated line was noted for Concierge or Elite or Suites.  My husband asked about a line for Elite status and he took us to a line with only one other person in it.   No signage, but we were checked in 5 minutes later.  Felt a bit guilty!  So you might want to ask someone.  

Just now, George C said:

If in suite you can arrive a hour before your assigned boarding time 

Suites can board any time once boarding starts.  Last 2 cruises we selected a late time since we were in a Suite and it wouldn’t matter.  Hopefully doing that freed up  a early slot for someone else.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisen cracker said:

Check in earlier.  I could have had 1130 am if I wanted but that is to early for me.  I choose 1230 instead.  Time for lunch and not to long until cabin is ready.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Check in earlier.  I could have had 1130 am if I wanted but that is to early for me.  I choose 1230 instead.  Time for lunch and not to long until cabin is ready.

When I requested a wheel chair I was checked in immediately and also sent to the front of the security line.  Haven't had to wait with Celebrity or Royal.   SPEAK UP 

3 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Do they still have priority boarding for those booked in the retreat?

On the 6 cruises we have been on Millennium, Silhouette and Equinox they had a separate entry for Suites and Zenith -  Usually a big pole with a sign on it.    Terminal 25 you are zipped up to a second floor airport style lounge.   I understand for Summit in Port Liberty they just have a fenced off area of the main terminal. 

8 hours ago, cruisen cracker said:

As hotel has a 11 am check-out time it looks like we will have around 1 1/2 hours of standing with our bags

Ask the hotel for late check out. If they can't every hotel I have used will store your bags for a few hours.

Keep checking for a early time.  It does change.    The first time I got 3 pm.   I eventually got 11:30.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

13 hours ago, DDShawnee said:

How far out are you allowed to check in via the app?  My cruise is Sept 17th, and it says it is too early to check in.

45 days prior to cruise.  If you check the app on the phone clicking the portrait it will give exact date.    They open at 12:01 time at departure port -  so if a Port Everglades cruise they open at 9:01 PM the night before.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 9:20 AM, cruisen cracker said:

Interesting.  I am on the Solstice 2 Sept in a concierge and we got 1130 AM.

There could be a few reasons for this:

1. You did not check in the first day check in was available
  2. The ship you are on arrives later in the morning, thus impossible to disembark, clean, and embark earlier than 1 PM.

On 7/24/2022 at 12:20 PM, cruisen cracker said:

Thank you for your service.  Request wheelchair assistance at the Terminal.