Check in selfie/ hoping for earliest barding time possible

Howdy- Silly question of the day from Mrs. Over-planaholic:

Can you use a selfie that you took a while ago on your check in? I plan on trying the check in at 12:01am on the night that we are able to check in (meaning the 1st moments of check in day) and I'd rather not snap a selfie with my jammies on & scary hair.

Thanks in advance,

Your pal Medusa (LOL)

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Florida Glamazon said:

Can you use a selfie that you took a while ago on your check in? I plan on trying the check in at 12:01am on the night that we are able to check in (meaning the 1st moments of check in day) and I'd rather not snap a selfie with my jammies on & scary hair.

Thanks in advance,

Your pal Medusa (LOL)

You can pretty much use any picture where you can isolate the head

Took this in June of 21 and after cropping, have used it on 10+ cruises since restart

20220726_075458.thumb.jpg.8834375ae334f9906784912f21e42bd6.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We don't upload a photo.  We skip that and have our photo take at terminal.  Takes them 2 seconds.

Same. The one time I tried to do it ahead they retook it anyway so now I don’t bother. Same thing with vax card.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, poocher said:

I suck at taking selfies.  Let them do it at the terminal.

They probably will again anyway.  😉  

Actually many times, they have to redo the photo for us...as even their first photo did not work well.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Took this in June of 21 and after cropping, have used it on 10+ cruises since restart

So that's what you guys look like 🤣😎👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

So that's what you guys look like 🤣😎👍🏻

took a selfie, will see how it works out.  My wife keeps putting her selfie off.  We sail 15 August.

• Like 1

I used a cropped picture from inside Radiance in Alaska from 2018 on our recent B2B.

When the crew member running our turn around got to us (in the Star Lounge) and looked us up on his tablet, he knew exactly where the picture was taken just from the background (a wall with what I'll call lit up stars up near the DL I think). Think we took it b/c we thought the wall looked cool.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

If you take it with the criteria needed, they usually won't.

You could rightfully say that hadn't happened to you or any of your travel companions, but categorically saying they usually won't is probably not justified.

I can report from my few data points that yes, sometimes they do insist on taking it, and I always use my passport photo, so it has nothing to do with the criteria.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Florida Glamazon said:

Thanks in advance,

Your pal Medusa (LOL)

If it fits their parameter, absolutely.  I need to do that, and keep using the same one.  I stopped taking them because they never are acceptable and they do a retake at the terminal anyway.  🙂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I can report from my few data points that yes, sometimes they do insist on taking it, and I always use my passport photo, so it has nothing to do with the criteria.

Right, the rest of the time the wonderful RCI IT system loses it and never makes it to the pier. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

open app, pick time, go to bed, fill out rest the next day or two.

Checkin was open on the app so did it on laptop, picked time, went to sleep and finished next day.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 7:57 AM, John&LaLa said:

John's hot! 😁

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, publicpersona said:

You could rightfully say that hadn't happened to you or any of your travel companions, but categorically saying they usually won't is probably not justified.

Passport photo criteria is a little tighter than Royal's. Odd that would fail.

It might be ship/port specific

I will add that half the time I use the pic mentioned above, it rejects it, to low resolution. But I just resubmit and it goes through