C&A Top tier party - worth attending ?

We’re on WOTS in a couple of weeks, having a quick look through the App I see there’s a C&A Top tier party - are they worth attending ? There wasn’t one on our last cruise and we’ve since made it to Emerald.

1 hour ago, kw1816 said:

We’re on WOTS in a couple of weeks, having a quick look through the App I see there’s a C&A Top tier party - are they worth attending ? There wasn’t one on our last cruise and we’ve since made it to Emerald.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm mistaken, but I didn't think Emerald was eligible. Can anyone confirm/deny?

16 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm mistaken, but I didn't think Emerald was eligible. Can anyone confirm/deny?

During the pandemic they restricted it but have since gone back to old ways on most ships.  Platinum and above.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Recently on Radiance I'm sure it was for Platinum and above.

• Thanks 1

We recently attended while we were on a b2b on Radiance, you could always ask the server nicely for a drink from the bar and get one but we were told it was limited to the tray drinks they carry around.  We did not attend the following week.

Do you like the Aqua show?  Normally, on Oasis class ships, they have the top tier party at the Aqua Theater, and for us has always had a short diving show as part of it.

Otherwise, it's some free alcohol and talk about cruising.

The upper tier used to be really nice...some of the best memories I have of them were on little Monarch, which was held as we pulled into Nassau in the morning.

Several great drinks passed by the crew, constantly checking on you if you would like another... including great Bloody Marys, shots, snacks, even sushi!  🙂  

Now...it's pretty lame.  Even the Bloody Marys have disappeared.  We go just to hear the info, and see who is top cruiser, and cheer on new Pinnies.  It gives us something to do on a sea day.  But we now hit the bar for our Bloody Marys on the way to the event, using our vouchers.  😉  (This last time a gruff person demanded to know where I got mine as I walked to my seat.  He was quite rude).  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It depends on your definition of "worth it". If by worth it, you mean you get to drink free alcohol and walk out of the room drunk, then it might be worth it for you. As others have mentioned, the choice of alcohol is certainly not top shelf but, it's free. If you want to go to have a nice glass of champagne or two then no, it's not worth it. I go to listen to the captain talk and answer questions. He usually has information on the latest news with what's going on within the company i.e. new ships and itineraries.

52 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I go to listen to the captain talk and answer questions. He usually has information on the latest news with what's going on within the company i.e. new ships and itineraries

Not particularly interested in free drinks (as we’ll be in the suite lounge 😜) but might swing by just for this.

Appreciate the response’s 🙂 

1 hour ago, alfaeric said:

Normally, on Oasis class ships, they have the top tier party at the Aqua Theater, and for us has always had a short diving show as part of it.

Sadly for this sailing it’s in the Music Hall at 5.30pm - at least according to the app it is.

Open to Platinum and above.

11 minutes ago, kw1816 said:

Sadly for this sailing it’s in the Music Hall at 5.30pm - at least according to the app it is.

Open to Platinum and above.

That is not a bad thing...being in Music Hall.   On Oasis class ships...it can get very...very warm this time of the year mid day at the Aqua theater.  And the last few times...there was no "mini show" anyway.  Half of the seats at the Aqua Theater are hard wooden benches.  Not very comfortable.  

• Like 2

The last one we went to was bad enough that we skipped the second one (March Explorer B2B cruise). Impossible to get a different drink if you didn't want the imitation champagne. Also a lot of chaos  from others (talking, bawling kids) while the staff members were speaking. First time we ever left early. 

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The last one we went to was bad enough that we skipped the second one (March Explorer B2B cruise). Impossible to get a different drink if you didn't want the imitation champagne. Also a lot of chaos  from others (talking, bawling kids) while the staff members were speaking. First time we ever left early. 

On that subject before COVID Dan and I could always get a beer with no problem.  I tried on the Mariner a few months ago and had to pay for it (use my voucher)  Not sure if that was a one off or if you can no longer request something different.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

If not, they can have my place, I"m Diamond Plus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Wished you had been there on the second one!  You would have had some buddies to help make it more palatable!  😉