Liquid in luggage (laundry soap)

So I'm not sure this gets detected in luggage, but I plan to bring a little laundry liquid soap for light washing in bathroom sink.  Does that get detected in anyway? I know they look for alcohol, but this is such a small amount (maybe 3 oz).  I'm just wondering if this is something they may pull your luggage for or am I way overthinking it LOL

58 minutes ago, slyster said:

So I'm not sure this gets detected in luggage, but I plan to bring a little laundry liquid soap for light washing in bathroom sink.  Does that get detected in anyway? I know they look for alcohol, but this is such a small amount (maybe 3 oz).  I'm just wondering if this is something they may pull your luggage for or am I way overthinking it LOL

You don't need that.  The stuff in the shower, "shampoo/conditioner/body wash" makes EXCELLENT laundry detergent.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, slyster said:

You’re overthinking it. I always bring those little bottles of shampoo that I get in hotels and it’s never been an issue. I actually use shampoo to wash clothes in the sink, it works. 

Thanks y’all!  Never thought to use shampoo inside the showers. That’s simple enough especially since it’s just to wash a few items. 

this is the first cruise in a while without a balcony so I’ll have to hang in the room this time. Thanks again. 

26 minutes ago, slyster said:

Thanks y’all!  Never thought to use shampoo inside the showers. That’s simple enough especially since it’s just to wash a few items. 

this is the first cruise in a while without a balcony so I’ll have to hang in the room this time. Thanks again. 

My laundry routine:

I wash (with shower dispenser soap) and rinse the items, and let them drain in the sink while I take my shower before dinner.  Then I hang them in the shower to continue dripping while I dry off and get dressed, etc. 

I take my towel and lie it on the floor, then put a wet item on top, then put another towel over that, and another wet item, like a laundry lasagna.  Roll the whole thing up into a log, then step on the roll from one end to the other (I hold onto the back of the vanity chair so I don't fall on my arse).  The lasagna method pushes the moisture into the towels better than wringing, and doesn't stretch the fabric or wrinkle it like wringing does. 

Then I hang each item on a hanger, and hang each item from the ceiling with these magnetic hooks (I like this size, because they're strong enough for a wet garment on a hanger, but don't add as much weight to my luggage).  

Everything is dry in the morning.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

You don't need that.  The stuff in the shower, "shampoo/conditioner/body wash" makes EXCELLENT laundry detergent.

Exactly what I was going to say.  You can double-ziplock liquids, but -- in this case -- why not use what's already provided for you?

11 hours ago, slyster said:

Why bother? The shampoo in the cabin works just great.

Thx for sharing to use the shampoo/body wash. I never thought to use that. We always carry the travel size Tide. We have had it in our toiletrie bag for a few years. I just used it on my May cruise. One less thing to purchase and pack. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cynt said:

Thx for sharing to use the shampoo/body wash. I never thought to use that. We always carry the travel size Tide. We have had it in our toiletrie bag for a few years. I just used it on my May cruise. One less thing to purchase and pack. 

For some reason the shampoo works better than the body wash.

10 hours ago, slyster said:

Not all ships have those shampoo dispensers in the shower.  Some are a bit stingy on the little shampoo bottles as well.  If I need those for my hair...not going to have enough for laundry.  

I always take my small bottle of Woolite laundry detergent with me.  Always in the checked bags, and always inside a large ziplock.  It has worked for me for all of my B2Bs.  I also take a collapsible laundry tub.  Have quite the system going on "laundry day".  😉 

FYI...I never hang laundry on the balcony...always from the ceiling.   I use magnetic hooks.  

20220326_090856.jpg

I started using Dawn dish soap.

I buy the small bottle and put in a ziplock bag and place in my shower caddy.

It works the best for getting the smell of suntan lotion as well as cleans and gets the  marks out of bathing suit and cover up.

Like others have posted once I wring out I lay them down in a towel and roll the toll to get extra water out.

Then I take the pant hangers with clips and clip my bathing suit bottom on the clips and drape and secure my tankini top on hanger.

Place discreetly on balcony with chair back at balcony door, so no one sees blowing in the wind.

Being on the 17th deck ocean view, no one can see anyway.

In about 2 hours dry.

Remove from outside balcony before we ever leave the cabin.

Take care

On 7/31/2022 at 3:46 PM, slyster said:

No problem at all. We carry full size bottles of shampoo and hair conditioner. Your 3 oz bottles are tiny in comparison. 

• Like 1