Premium suite breakfast options

bobpell

6 minutes ago, bobpell said:

Can you have hot items delivered to your suite at a set time?

Thanks

Yes. There is a card you can fill out the night before and attach it to your door. It is not the same as eating in the specialty restaurant, though. 

There is a "hang-tag" you can order breakfast through, regular room service is available as well. Being in a suite, you are able to order anything off of the breakfast MDR menu for delivery. As far as the "suite breakfast" availability being brought to your room, that is a no-go.

1 minute ago, bobpell said:

We are happy to order from a tag and eat on our balcony rather than go out to a restaurant

Thanks

Bob

You can also just order food from your App or TV. We did this quite often. Enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 1

I was in a suite on the Royal at the end of June and used the 'card on the door' several times and it worked well.  The only thing I noticed is that the selection seemed to be a bit 'standard' as opposed to 'anything on the MDR menu'.   Then again, I never had breakfast in the MDR. 

Perhaps you need to call to get access to the full MDR menu ? 

As a long time HAL signature suite sailor I am familiar with hanging out a door tag each night. The selection never changed.

As a newbie Princess premium suite sailor I am looking forward to seeing what hot items are available

and hopefully better night time main stage entertainment

thanks everyone

Bob 

Breakfast at Sabatini's (may be another specialty restaurant depending on the ship). Special cooked to order breakfast with great service. Order whatever you want and it will be prepared if they have the ingredients. Try it. There will be information in your cabin.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobpell said:

Can you have hot items delivered to your suite at a set time?

Thanks

The best option is to call room service to order. You can order anything from the MDR menu. This option is available only during the hours when the MDR is open.

I would recommend you try the specialty suite breakfast. It is much better than the MDR. Items are cooked to order in a small kitchen. The menu is very flexible, and you can order items not on the menu. If they don't have it available that morning, they can usually get it by the next morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobpell said:

As a long time HAL signature suite sailor I am familiar with hanging out a door tag each night. The selection never changed.

As a newbie Princess premium suite sailor I am looking forward to seeing what hot items are available

and hopefully better night time main stage entertainment

thanks everyone

Bob 

I would never hold out hope that room service food would ever be “hot”

• Haha 1

You can ask your cabin steward to deliver the main dining room menus to your suite. Just be sure you’re getting the next day’s menus. Room service will deliver everything at once, not in courses. 
We love breakfast at Crown Grill or Sabatini’s! Italy one of the best perks of sailing in a suite. 

• Like 2

I agree that the suite breakfast at Sabatini's is one of the best suite perks Princess has.  It's quite, it's relaxed, it's completely personalized, and the food prep and delivery is better than any other food we've had on ship. The only day we miss it is when in AK and visiting the glacier, which day we order in and enjoy the aft balcony for scenic cruising.

• Like 2

AND in the specialty restaurant breakfast, don't miss the mimosas with freshly squeezed orange juice!!!

Ahhhhhh, the memories! The french toast there was delightful! Everything was!🥰🥂🥰🥂

• Like 3

In a full suite you can call room service and ask for anything as long as it’s on the ship.  I have never been told no. The service and ambiance in the specialty dining breakfast is beyond compare and I simply suggest you go once at the beginning of your cruise before deciding to eat in your cabin.  It is nothing at all like MDR or even specialty dining at dinner. 

I always customize my fruit bowl in my cabin. And they are really good about sending only the best fruit on board. 

Once my DH mentioned he liked Nutella crepes.  Well our server found Nutella on board and had some made for him. My DH didn’t request them but was delighted to get them. This is how eager and willing the staff in the suite breakfast restaurant are to please. 

5B7510DB-7CB4-4BE1-850F-1172A39636F6.jpeg

D07966C0-73B2-4628-AFEA-3A5DE5669D88.jpeg

858DF431-8026-462B-9B34-065E7A2C60C8.jpeg

38C86A86-1FF6-430F-8B5C-EA3848D18CE4.jpeg

A3A6C174-1147-462F-B903-BE04B2D19C5D.jpeg

C56AD8DD-1706-4B1C-B525-757772677412.jpeg

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1

When using the hang tag I always write in our special orders: Oatmeal with lots of brown sugar and raisins, special order omelets, eggs your way, french toast, etc.  If you know what will be MDR breakfast the next day, write that in: Benedicts, James Beard french toast...   Never had a refusal unless it was just not in the kitchen.  Note: 1 bacon is one order of bacon, not 1 slice.  Room service has their own kitchen.  And as noted, definitely get stewart to give you tomorrow's MDR menus Bkfst, Lunch and Dinner, they can get them for Suites.  We did have a funny experience once, our steward got the days "off by one" so we for several days were always ordering yesterday's breakfasts...

And we order Mocha's with extra espresso via the TV or app, maybe with Bailey's. 

But definitely get to the Suite Breakfast as often as you can.  We usually like port days even though they close a bit earlier.  And if you like, you can always go to Club Class breakfast.