I want Princess to Know - Worst Customer Service and "On Hold" Time

cruzsnooze

5 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Thanks for asking, Yes she did.

I'm glad that it was taken care of.

All of this could have been avoided if reps were trained properly.

We're giving Princess some time off in hope that things improve before our February booking.

After watching a ton of Youtube reviews, we booked a B2B with Virgin Voyages.

Enjoy your cruises!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JT1962 said:

The ability to save a copy of the chat conversation is another advantage to using it, in addition to not having to wait on hold. If there is a question about what was said, you can always refer back to it and have it as proof as to what you were told. If you speak to someone on the phone, unless you are recording the call, there is a little recourse if there is an issue with what you were told vs what actually happened. 

Well… how do you save the conversation? I screen shot everything, but would love to learn how to just save it instead. 

3 hours ago, geoherb said:

I'm glad things worked out for you. I will be on the same cruise. It's funny how inconsistent Princess can be. I was able to buy the internet through the app at half price upfront. In December, I had to pay full price and then received half back as refundable OBC. 

The OP isn’t interested in using the app. I prefer to save my time and money and use the app and be less frustrated. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I didn't say I was taking my business elsewhere, I said I was CLOSE to leaving. Princess made good and called me today in response to my emails and possibly my post.  

Yes Princess knows who's retired or can guess since they have your birthday information. They can assume when someone sails 2-6 times a year on longer more exotic cruises in full suites, pays for specialty restaurants, pays for spa treatments they are probably recession proof. ALL BUSINESS' track your spending, that's what all these darn rewards programs were invented to do. The bean counters know what you spend and market to your spending. 

You do bring up an interesting point when you say they treat everyone the same. Do they? When I have breakfast in the specialty restaurants I can order off the menu, and the service is elevated.  I can order off the MDR menu for any meal and don't have the limited room service menu.  Club Class is an elevated service for meals where you can set your pace and the waiters accommodate. My experience is those waiters are most trained and tuned in to individual passengers. When you enter they address you by name and your server comes quickly to tell you what specialty they have that is only served in club class, and what can I bring you to drink.   When a suite guest goes to customer service they don't want them to stand in line, we have a separate expedited line, If needed the concierge can get reservations for excursions, specialty dinner, spa and many other services.  So is the treatment the same, you tell me. Some areas of course are identical, we go to the same shows, use the same buffet. 

Years ago when there was only one dining room with traditional or anytime dining  things were more equal. Years ago when there was no concierge things were more equal. Money has always bought more services and goods and that's why I play the Calif lottery every week!  With all this in mind do you think everyone is really treated the same, I'm interested in reading your prospective. 

You do realize anyone can book a suite, right? Retired and wealthy doesn’t mean a thing. Of course you pay for those extras and onboard services. As far as the suite line, it doesn’t always move faster as those in that line usually feel they have lots to complain about.
However, the service that people receive when speaking with the representatives should be the same, no matter which cabin or how much money they have spent. 
I can tell you that when people call in with bad or entitled attitudes, if it was me, you might wait a little longer for me to come back on the phone after putting you on hold😉

• Like 6

4 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Thanks for asking, Yes she did. She said right off I'm here to get your gift certificate applied and did it in a matter of minutes. I am satisfied at this moment but I'm still concerned about servicing  with my next three bookings.  One of those cruises is 16 countries in a month long cruise and there are a lot of little details. I am not going to use that APP and that's my choice which doesn't go with the flow. I sailed with RCL once and NCL once (NCL's not for me) post pandemic and they did not have these issues with long holds on the phone and inexperienced reps. Maybe that was pure luck.

Have a wonderful cruise!

On 8/2/2022 at 1:24 AM, caribill said:

If you are referencing use of the App, it is because Princess has decided not to make it available for any of the digital devices we own.

Actually that is not correct.  Your digital device is so old that some browsers will not be supported anymore.  It is not Princess, they have to update their website.  Just get a newer device.  I also have older devices that still perfectly work well and are not supported by current browsers. Just get a new device.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2022 at 8:42 PM, cruzsnooze said:

I'd like to address some snarky responders. I am not a rich egomaniac who demands attention. What I clearly stated was I am a wealthy retired person who is the type of passenger cruises should accommodate. during a recession which is good business. It's not the poor,   during a recession that would seem to be their target customer. Princess attracts an older crowd so technology is not as easy for us as for the generation who grew up with it. We don't need tech as much them. I certainly don't need a smart phone glued to my ear on a cruise. It's not the social security crowd driving and texting.

I bought some $500 gift certs for the purpose of using them and won't allow an untrained rep to refuse to use that instead of a charge card. 

The amount of effort to use Princess customer service on land is horrendous. 

FYI  there is no chat on my home page I looked carefully because I would have tried it.

A better approach when calling customer service might be:  I am of an older age and I am not comfortable with current technology even though I have tried to use current technology I don’t understand it.  This leaves me really frustrated and I am sorry I am taking my frustrations out on you.  I think the best option for me going forward is to use a travel agent as they can help me with my booking.  I know you are doing the best you can with old farts like me.  I hope you have a great day.  Thank you so much.  

perhaps try that dialogue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lido deck main said:

Actually that is not correct.  Your digital device is so old that some browsers will not be supported anymore.  It is not Princess, they have to update their website.  Just get a newer device.  I also have older devices that still perfectly work well and are not supported by current browsers. Just get a new device.

Our devices fully support banking web sites, travel web sites, E-mail web sites, etc. The only thing I want to use that is not written to be used on our devices is the Princess app.

We also have recent Amazon Fire tablets that support all browsers we use and the types of web sites I mention above. But Princess has chosen not to allow its app to work on Fire tablets.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Well… how do you save the conversation? I screen shot everything, but would love to learn how to just save it instead. 

In the upper left hand corner of the chat window you should see 3 horizontal lines.  In "computer lingo" this is most often called "the hamburger". (No clue how that got started!)

1.JPG

Click the hamburger and you will see an option to save the entire chat session.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

In the upper left hand corner of the chat window you should see 3 horizontal lines.  In "computer lingo" this is most often called "the hamburger". (No clue how that got started!)

1.JPG

Click the hamburger and you will see an option to save the entire chat session.

Oh my goodness. How have I never noticed that? I guess I’ve always been focused on getting my questions answered. 
Thanks so much. Hopefully  I remember that if the need to contact them about something arises.
Luckily, I haven’t had to call about anything since I booked our latest cruise. Everything, including the app. seems to be working. 

Edited by Happiest when cruising

10 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I sailed with RCL once and NCL once (NCL's not for me) post pandemic and they did not have these issues with long holds on the phone and inexperienced reps. Maybe that was pure luck.

I haven’t sailed yet so I do not know what the onboard experience will be but I did book two cruises with Royal Caribbean.  I usually sail with Princess but decided to give another line a try post-pandemic.  So far my experience has been pretty good.

When I call someone instantly answers the phone. At first I thought this was just luck and it couldn’t really be happening. I have called at least 10 different times to add and also remove items from my bookings. Each time I call someone answers immediately (except for one time).  I have learned that a lot of their employees are in Central America. One time I heard a rooster and was told that the person was working from home.

I do have some dislikes already. I have a Princess CVP but RCCL does not offer that. Each time you call you have to talk to whoever answers the phone. I don’t like that because I tend to be the one that books for small groups of family and friends and I like having one person for us all to contact.

Enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I haven’t sailed yet so I do not know what the onboard experience will be but I did book two cruises with Royal Caribbean.  I usually sail with Princess but decided to give another line a try post-pandemic.  So far my experience has been pretty good.

When I call someone instantly answers the phone. At first I thought this was just luck and it couldn’t really be happening. I have called at least 10 different times to add and also remove items from my bookings. Each time I call someone answers immediately (except for one time).  I have learned that a lot of their employees are in Central America. One time I heard a rooster and was told that the person was working from home.

I do have some dislikes already. I have a Princess CVP but RCCL does not offer that. Each time you call you have to talk to whoever answers the phone. I don’t like that because I tend to be the one that books for small groups of family and friends and I like having one person for us all to contact.

Enjoy your cruise!

I’ve been getting through to

PCL very quickly the last couple of weeks. Waited no more than 2-3 mins each time.  Hope this continues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I didn't say I was taking my business elsewhere, I said I was CLOSE to leaving. Princess made good and called me today in response to my emails and possibly my post.  

Yes Princess knows who's retired or can guess since they have your birthday information. They can assume when someone sails 2-6 times a year on longer more exotic cruises in full suites, pays for specialty restaurants, pays for spa treatments they are probably recession proof. ALL BUSINESS' track your spending, that's what all these darn rewards programs were invented to do. The bean counters know what you spend and market to your spending. 

You do bring up an interesting point when you say they treat everyone the same. Do they? When I have breakfast in the specialty restaurants I can order off the menu, and the service is elevated.  I can order off the MDR menu for any meal and don't have the limited room service menu.  Club Class is an elevated service for meals where you can set your pace and the waiters accommodate. My experience is those waiters are most trained and tuned in to individual passengers. When you enter they address you by name and your server comes quickly to tell you what specialty they have that is only served in club class, and what can I bring you to drink.   When a suite guest goes to customer service they don't want them to stand in line, we have a separate expedited line, If needed the concierge can get reservations for excursions, specialty dinner, spa and many other services.  So is the treatment the same, you tell me. Some areas of course are identical, we go to the same shows, use the same buffet. 

Years ago when there was only one dining room with traditional or anytime dining  things were more equal. Years ago when there was no concierge things were more equal. Money has always bought more services and goods and that's why I play the Calif lottery every week!  With all this in mind do you think everyone is really treated the same, I'm interested in reading your prospective. 

The "taking business elsewhere" was quoting Tetley not you.

As for treating everyone the same, I meant customer service on the phone, when making the sales, not onboard.

I fully understand that when I'm in a suite, and specialty breakfast, etc., I will get a different level of service.

Again, I am very glad that your problem was solved and hope that you have an amazing time! 🙂 

11 minutes ago, jwattle said:

The "taking business elsewhere" was quoting Tetley not you.

As for treating everyone the same, I meant customer service on the phone, when making the sales, not onboard.

I fully understand that when I'm in a suite, and specialty breakfast, etc., I will get a different level of service.

Again, I am very glad that your problem was solved and hope that you have an amazing time! 🙂 

I couldn't agree with you more about treating everyone the same on the phone. The same is true at guest relations, excursions and most areas on the ship. My comments about different service were specific to suite amenities. Elite tier also get an elevated service when they want to board a water shuttle, a separate lounge at embarkation with refreshments. 

Getting elevated services for paying more IS NOT a statement about ones value or worth as a person, we're all in the world together. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I couldn't agree with you more about treating everyone the same on the phone. The same is true at guest relations, excursions and most areas on the ship. My comments about different service were specific to suite amenities. Elite tier also get an elevated service when they want to board a water shuttle, a separate lounge at embarkation with refreshments. 

Getting elevated services for paying more IS NOT a statement about ones value or worth as a person, we're all in the world together. 

Agreed 🙂 

Just now, cruzsnooze said:

I shouldn't have used the word wealth, it insinuated entitlement which not what I was meaning to infer. I am so sorry if anyone was offended by it. I should have used the word Budget or bigger budget. 

• Like 2

On 8/3/2022 at 11:01 AM, cruzsnooze said:

I appreciate you recognized how your post came across. 
I do hope everyone gets great service from Princess, as we all deserve it, even those of us who might not choose to spend our retirement wealth on a cruise. 😏

Edited by Happiest when cruising