I want Princess to Know - Worst Customer Service and "On Hold" Time

cruzsnooze

2 hours ago, Fjord4Fun said:

I do not get the website chat option on my Apple desktop using any of my browsers (Firefox, Safari or Chrome).  Is it because I am in the UK?  Can any UK people here acces it?

You should.  Make sure to clear your cookies on your PC, which

you should be doing anyway.  PC or Phone.

4 hours ago, loriva said:

I called my TA (big box store) yesterday to ask for an updated invoice for the same cruise the OP is on.  They logged into the Princess portal to generate one and came back and told me it was showing a final payment due of a large chuck of change.  As TA knew we had been fully paid since the final payment date in mid-May, they called Princess to try to resolve.  After 2.5 hours on hold (TA on hold with Princess) the Princess rep told my TA she was new, could not figure out the problem, and had to refer it to a supervisor or the resolutions team.  TA stayed on the line with Princess but said I could hang up and would receive a call when it was resolved--in 5 to 10 minutes, according to the Princess rep.  Ninty minutes later I received a call from my TA that it had been resolved.  Somehow one of our FCCs (from when Princess cancelled this cruise in 2020 and again in 2021) had fallen off the accounting.  (But that really did not explain the difference in cruise fare that had shown up on the invoice generated initially during the call.)  Point being, the Princess reps dealing with TAs are also new and struggling.

I'm not sure any use of tech would have helped resolve this sooner as I needed to work through my TA.  (I was grateful for the speakerphone option on my cell!)  I would recommend @cruzsnoozefollow one of the suggestions to reach out to the Customer Relations director, Colin.  I did that back in 2020 when Princess first cancelled this cruise and my FCC accounting from the cancellation and rollover to the 2021 cruise (subsequently also cancelled) was all messed up and numerous calls by both TA and myself could not get them straightened out.  He responded and assigned an experienced customer services agent who got the math right and credits applied.  Good luck!

I can't imagine how stressful it is for TAs as they get stuck with these hold for multiple customers.

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I can't imagine how stressful it is for TAs as they get stuck with these hold for multiple customers.

Yes, absolutely!  Ours gathers up several clients issues and makes his daily call to the cruiselines.  Not just PCL, but others as well.  Seems the hold times are getting better. Some days. 😳

36 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Hi. I'm UK based and I cannot access the "live chat" tab from my phone but can from my PC. Actually it works very well and a copy of the conversation can be screenshot if required/ just incase 😉 

The ability to save a copy of the chat conversation is another advantage to using it, in addition to not having to wait on hold. If there is a question about what was said, you can always refer back to it and have it as proof as to what you were told. If you speak to someone on the phone, unless you are recording the call, there is a little recourse if there is an issue with what you were told vs what actually happened. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LTCruzer said:

The Medallion App is available for iOS and Android, which covers 99% of smartphones in the US. 

Yes, that does cover 99% of smartphones in the USA.

But the app is only available for the more recent versions of the operating systems for those devices.

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

All I wanted to do and still do want is to pay the $5 daily internet with my gift card. It had been you needed to pay in advance to get the discount but I'm told that it can be done on board now.

Yes, you can get the discount on board --- but if you book the Internet on board it will be at a higher price than if you book (and pay for it) pre-cruise.

So it is a 50% discount of a higher price if doing it once on the ship.

Here are a few steps that *might* help those trying to find the "Live Chat" button.  (I use Chrome on Windows 10)

Does the bottom of the Princess.com home page look like this:

1.JPG

If it does, you should see this little up arrow in the extreme lower right hand corner:

2.JPG

If you see that up arrow, click it and the bar *should* appear with the Chat button showing

3.JPG

Here's another thing to check.  Various people have suggested turning off pop-ups/ad blockers.  This site may help:

https://www.howtogeek.com/411439/how-to-allow-or-block-popups-in-chrome/#autotoc_anchor_0

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

22 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Here are a few steps that *might* help those trying to find the "Live Chat" button.  (I use Chrome on Windows 10)

Does the bottom of the Princess.com home page look like this:

1.JPG

If it does, you should see this little up arrow in the extreme lower right hand corner:

2.JPG

If you see that up arrow, click it and the bar *should* appear with the Chat button showing

3.JPG

Here's another thing to check.  Various people have suggested turning off pop-ups/ad blockers.  This site may help:

https://www.howtogeek.com/411439/how-to-allow-or-block-popups-in-chrome/#autotoc_anchor_0

A feature that hard to locate is designed not to be used.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Why don’t you just apply the GCs to your onboard account at Guest Services? That’s what I’ve always done.

I did have a ridiculously long hold time recently for Princess, but I ended up getting the best agents I’ve ever experienced when I’ve called them. 

I waited 45 min on hold for Celebrity, and others reported hold times of 2 hours for them. I got a call back estimate of 8 hours with American Airlines. It’s very frustrating, but unfortunately it’s everywhere these days. 

I hope you still go on your cruise and have a fabulous time!

53 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Why don’t you just apply the GCs to your onboard account at Guest Services? That’s what I’ve always done.

Because you pay full price for internet if paid on board and 50% discount if paid in advance. On my 16 day cruise that's a loot moola! Daily rate is $19.95 - package rate is $9.95- Platinum/elite rate is 50% off so I'll end up  paying $5 daily but they charged the full $9.95 and the difference will show up as on OBC which she assured me is refundable. It took me almost 6 hours over 2 days for what was accomplished in minutes with this one person who knew what she was doing. 

RESOLUTION YIPPIE

I just a call from someone in the gift card dept who was baffled about why my gift card wasn't accepted. She was so helpful and in less then a few minutes added the internet package for me and used my gift card, told me the balance on my gift card and it was emailed to me a confirmation.  This is just the way things are supposed to work.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Because you pay full price for internet if paid on board and 50% discount if paid in advance. On my 16 day cruise that's a loot moola! Daily rate is $19.95 - package rate is $9.95- Platinum/elite rate is 50% off so I'll end up  paying $5 daily but they charged the full $9.95 and the difference will show up as on OBC which she assured me is refundable. It took me almost 6 hours over 2 days for what was accomplished in minutes with this one person who knew what she was doing. 

RESOLUTION YIPPIE

I just a call from someone in the gift card dept who was baffled about why my gift card wasn't accepted. She was so helpful and in less then a few minutes added the internet package for me and used my gift card, told me the balance on my gift card and it was emailed to me a confirmation.  This is just the way things are supposed to work.

That’s great.  I just called PCL CS the regular line and the agent was able to take my GC’s and add to my OBC.

Her name…Dionne and a thumbs up to her.

I’m not sure where I can see it though on the cruise personalizer?

Not on credits or the personalizer. Hmmm

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

That’s great.  I just called PCL CS the regular line and the agent was able to take my GC’s and add to my OBC.

Travel Summary?  But wait until tomorrow.

Edited by Steelers36

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

Because you pay full price for internet if paid on board and 50% discount if paid in advance.

No.

Pre-cruise or onboard you can get the 50% discount.

However, onboard the base price is more than the pre-cruise price, so even though you pay 50% of the onboard price, it is more than 50% of the pre-cruise price.

You were right to want to pre-pay before the cruise.

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It showed up immediately on my "print travel summary " page

1 hour ago, caribill said:

No.

Pre-cruise or onboard you can get the 50% discount.

However, onboard the base price is more than the pre-cruise price, so even though you pay 50% of the onboard price, it is more than 50% of the pre-cruise price.

You were right to want to pre-pay before the cruise.

Exactly what I though and why I wanted to get it done now

19 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I'd like to address some snarky responders. I am not a rich egomaniac who demands attention. What I clearly stated was I am a wealthy retired person who is the type of passenger cruises should accommodate. during a recession which is good business. It's not the poor,   during a recession that would seem to be their target customer. Princess attracts an older crowd so technology is not as easy for us as for the generation who grew up with it. We don't need tech as much them. I certainly don't need a smart phone glued to my ear on a cruise. It's not the social security crowd driving and texting.

I bought some $500 gift certs for the purpose of using them and won't allow an untrained rep to refuse to use that instead of a charge card. 

The amount of effort to use Princess customer service on land is horrendous. 

FYI  there is no chat on my home page I looked carefully because I would have tried it.

Not to be a jerk to you, but Princess has no way of knowing that you're a "wealthy retired person" versus a "poor, during a recession". They treat everyone the same...

I'm glad that your problem was resolved! 🙂🥂

17 hours ago, tetleytea said:

If the right Princess vacation planner takes up your case, then you're in luck.  I submitted a web form to Princess and straight up asked for someone call me to reserve a cruise, and no one did for 2 weeks.  When he finally did, not much got done.  Too little, too late.  I took my business elsewhere. 

If not even Princess sales can call me back, I'd hate to know what post-sales customer support is like.

And even after taking your business elsewhere, you're still on the Princess boards, yippee...anything good to report?

• Like 3

I'm gonna respond that Princess is well aware of your concerns but realistically, they could care less.  Princess as a brand did not fare well because they choose  ignore and abuse their aged customers.  Now Carnival is concerned about how to keep their financial losses at a minimum.  I'm gonna guess that they'll go after the more gullible youngsters rather than having to deal with those old folks who can see through the scam. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

RESOLUTION YIPPIE

I'm glad things worked out for you. I will be on the same cruise. It's funny how inconsistent Princess can be. I was able to buy the internet through the app at half price upfront. In December, I had to pay full price and then received half back as refundable OBC. 

3 hours ago, jwattle said:

Not to be a jerk to you, but Princess has no way of knowing that you're a "wealthy retired person" versus a "poor, during a recession". They treat everyone the same...

I'm glad that your problem was resolved! 🙂🥂

And even after taking your business elsewhere, you're still on the Princess boards, yippee...anything good to report?

I didn't say I was taking my business elsewhere, I said I was CLOSE to leaving. Princess made good and called me today in response to my emails and possibly my post.  

Yes Princess knows who's retired or can guess since they have your birthday information. They can assume when someone sails 2-6 times a year on longer more exotic cruises in full suites, pays for specialty restaurants, pays for spa treatments they are probably recession proof. ALL BUSINESS' track your spending, that's what all these darn rewards programs were invented to do. The bean counters know what you spend and market to your spending. 

You do bring up an interesting point when you say they treat everyone the same. Do they? When I have breakfast in the specialty restaurants I can order off the menu, and the service is elevated.  I can order off the MDR menu for any meal and don't have the limited room service menu.  Club Class is an elevated service for meals where you can set your pace and the waiters accommodate. My experience is those waiters are most trained and tuned in to individual passengers. When you enter they address you by name and your server comes quickly to tell you what specialty they have that is only served in club class, and what can I bring you to drink.   When a suite guest goes to customer service they don't want them to stand in line, we have a separate expedited line, If needed the concierge can get reservations for excursions, specialty dinner, spa and many other services.  So is the treatment the same, you tell me. Some areas of course are identical, we go to the same shows, use the same buffet. 

Years ago when there was only one dining room with traditional or anytime dining  things were more equal. Years ago when there was no concierge things were more equal. Money has always bought more services and goods and that's why I play the Calif lottery every week!  With all this in mind do you think everyone is really treated the same, I'm interested in reading your prospective. 

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Did they address your issues/concerns?

Are you satisfied with the resolution, if any?

Thanks for asking, Yes she did. She said right off I'm here to get your gift certificate applied and did it in a matter of minutes. I am satisfied at this moment but I'm still concerned about servicing  with my next three bookings.  One of those cruises is 16 countries in a month long cruise and there are a lot of little details. I am not going to use that APP and that's my choice which doesn't go with the flow. I sailed with RCL once and NCL once (NCL's not for me) post pandemic and they did not have these issues with long holds on the phone and inexperienced reps. Maybe that was pure luck.

• Like 3