Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

2 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Any news or rumors about a ship doing 3-4 night short cruises from Port Canaveral after Allure leaves in July 2024?  There is a gap through April of 2025.  

Go back one page to page 61, start at post 1507.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Saw the post about Utopia before I posted my question.  Do you think that that deployment hole is being left for short Utopia cruises.  

This is from the post on the prior page, but no one knows for sure.   image.thumb.png.ac8319d240427324f50980157783cdc8.png

6 minutes ago, rockmom said:

This is from the post on the prior page, but no one knows for sure.   image.thumb.png.ac8319d240427324f50980157783cdc8.png

Saw both posts but I still think they will put in an older Oasis Class Ship.  Especially judging from prices being charged for Wonder compared to Harmony, which was in Port Canaveral prior to Wonder being homeported there.  

3 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Saw both posts but I still think they will put in an older Oasis Class Ship.  Especially judging from prices being charged for Wonder compared to Harmony, which was in Port Canaveral prior to Wonder being homeported there.  

They knew Utopia was available to fill the spot when they released all the itineraries last November.  They would not have deployed the other ships just to move then 6 months later.  Utopia will be in PC.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Can we expect West Bound trans Atlantic from Northern Europe in second half of 2024 to open for booking soon?

This year Anthem and Jewel are making such a trip, looking for 2024.

Thanks in advance

Eddie

There will be none in 2024 as Jewel goes to the Med and Anthem does not go back to the US. You can only take Serenade as part of the World Cruise.

7 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

The main 3/4 night competitor in PC is Disney, obviously who charge a lot of $$$’s. I imagine Royal will be thinking that if they pay a higher price for Disney, why wouldn’t they also pay that for Utopia. 

On 4/20/2023 at 4:23 PM, twangster said:

Another reason to put Utopia on the short FL is to maximize PDCC.  Freedom class was great in terms of numbers carried to PDCC, but to maximize PDCC they need to put Oasis and Icon class there as much as possible. 

The greater numbers brought to PDCC by Oasis class have meant higher prices.  With only two berths how do you maximize the number of guests going to PDCC?   Put mega ships at the pier as much as possible. 

A 3/4 rotation for Utopia can garner higher rates for the new ship fever while generating higher revenue for PDCC by increasing the number of visitors.  From that perspective it makes sense to pull Voyager class and even Freedom class out of PDCC whenever possible.  That's not say they'll never go to PDCC but I suspect PDCC will see more mega ships going forward.  

What is PDCC?

Theme park ship...theme park island.   Perfect combo for those that like that kind of "Disney-fied" experience (not me).    I guess it's like doing Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom multi pass.  

Since PC is so close to "theme park land"....makes sense then that Icon is coming here.  I have no desire to board that ship, even being home ported 20 minutes from my house.  Not my kind of thing...but to each their own.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Other than the added leg down to Florida, the Serenade 8/10/2024 sailing is similar to this year's Jewel sailing.

Thanks. I saw that, but there’s a lot of cabins sold out on that one, probably to people who booked on longer legs. 

On 4/22/2023 at 10:32 AM, island lady said:

Theme park ship...theme park island.   Perfect combo for those that like that kind of "Disney-fied" experience (not me).    I guess it's like doing Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom multi pass.  

Since PC is so close to "theme park land"....makes sense then that Icon is coming here.  I have no desire to board that ship, even being home ported 20 minutes from my house.  Not my kind of thing...but to each their own.  

Icon will be in Miami, but I agree that between the outrageous pricing for Icon and Wonder and now Utopia doing short cruises, I won’t be on any of them. 

mac_tlc