Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

4 minutes ago, peanut head said:

Which cruise will you be taking next?  A day without reading your posts will be a long, sad day🙃

Right now our next cruise won't be until April 15.   Iain was wanting to book a TransAtlantic but I have eye surgery scheduled for October and have appointments scheduled starting Monday almost once a week for various pre and post operative  for the next 2 months.  

I did buy a couple of those Future Cruise Booking Certificates so will be shopping for something when we get home.  

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Right now our next cruise won't be until April 15.   Iain was wanting to book a TransAtlantic but I have eye surgery scheduled for October and have appointments scheduled starting Monday almost once a week for various pre and post operative  for the next 2 months.  

I did buy a couple of those Future Cruise Booking Certificates so will be shopping for something when we get home.  

Only good thoughts for your surgery Jim.

• Like 1

Once again Jim your pix today are stunning.  Drove through Portland earlier on our way to a 2 week holiday a bit up the coast and the weather was almost perfect, agree a bit toasty.

Safe travels tomorrow and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us.  Katie

Jim,

i will so miss your posts and the magnificent pictures and living vicariously through your wonderful cruise adventures.  I, never before, heard you post that you are anxious to get home.  The older we get I think sometimes, as wonderful as the trip is, “there’s no place like home.”  I truly hope that we will sail together again sometime.  Trish and Karen

• Like 1

I must come up with a new way to start my day . . . .will truly miss your wonderful posts and amazing pics!!  At least I only have 6 weeks til we head to NYC for a few days before boarding the Beyond for the repositioning cruise.

Safe and uneventful travels home.  And the best of luck with your eye surgery.

Thank you for taking us along.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

Jim,

i will so miss your posts and the magnificent pictures and living vicariously through your wonderful cruise adventures.  I, never before, heard you post that you are anxious to get home.  The older we get I think sometimes, as wonderful as the trip is, “there’s no place like home.”  I truly hope that we will sail together again sometime.  Trish and Karen

Hi Karen -

We were chatting about it last night.   Iain said I'm ready to go home.   

I've always believed in the the other "non-Dorthy" expression.   "Home is where the heart is":  As long as I'm with Iain, I'm home.

Home is where the heart is
And my heart is anywhere you are
Anywhere you are is home

I don't need a mansion on a hill
That overlooks the sea
Anywhere you're with me is home

Maybe I'm a rolling stone
Who won't amount to much
But everything that I hold dear
Is close enough to touch

For home is where the heart is
Anywhere you are is home
Home, home, home, home

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bama4cruisin said:

I must come up with a new way to start my day . . . .will truly miss your wonderful posts and amazing pics!!  At least I only have 6 weeks til we head to NYC for a few days before boarding the Beyond for the repositioning cruise.

Safe and uneventful travels home.  And the best of luck with your eye surgery.

Thank you for taking us along.

Will be interesting to hear how you like the Beyond.  We have only sailed Edge in the E-Class series but our next trip is on Apex. 

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

They try so hard and while it's sad to hear when they are extended at the last minute the remain very upbeat.   Last night a couple crew members gave me a big hug and said how much fun we have had over the past 3 cruises.   We are really going to miss them.

Our waiter Kutut has been a joy.   He has been teaching us a new Indonesian expression each night.   Last night I surprised him with a Salamat Malam (Good Evening).  He chuckled and said that Malam is good until 6 PM and then they say Selamat tidur (Good Night) after 6 -  he said Google Translate doesn't pick up the nuances.  

I tried for What's for Desert the night before and google really messed it up and told me in Indonesian but had to many words for me to ever remember

My mother is from Indonesia(you would never know looking at me!!) so I will look for Kutut in Luminae.I always love meeting people from all over the world!! We really look forward to some great dinners ! thank you again for all the great pictures.We did some packing today for our upcoming cruise and so excited! We are single digit days away !!

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hi Karen -

We were chatting about it last night.   Iain said I'm ready to go home.   

I've always believed in the the other "non-Dorthy" expression.   "Home is where the heart is":  As long as I'm with Iain, I'm home.

Home is where the heart is
Anywhere you are is home

I don't need a mansion on a hill
That overlooks the sea
Anywhere you're with me is home

Maybe I'm a rolling stone
Who won't amount to much
But everything that I hold dear
Is close enough to touch

For home is where the heart is
Anywhere you are is home
Home, home, home, home

Lovely words. Thanks again for taking us along. What a treat. Safe travels and good wishes for a successful surgery 👋

• Like 1

We were scheduled at 10:00 and were in a little early.  Immigration wasn’t on board and setup until 10:30.  

I would think your immigration would be available about 1/2 hour after scheduled arrival. 

Thanks for the info.  It's nice to hear we probably won't be waiting all morning for immigration.

You both are such great gentlemen……I feel like I already know you from your great live postings!  Would love to meet you on a future cruise!  We may have actually been with you on one before, because I may remember your faces and a kilt! 
Have you ever tried Azamara?  We love both lines, but have been more recently staying with Azamara.  Just curious if you have tried it and what your impression was……

Thanks for all the posts because we had to cancel 9-11 on Summit due to a medical issue.  We would have been boarding tomorrow……..😢

• Like 1

Will be interesting to hear how you like the Beyond.  We have only sailed Edge in the E-Class series but our next trip is on Apex. 

We are on the Apex on April 15. I think I saw you on our Roll Call !

Thank you for taking us all along on  a wonderful journey for this past month or so.

I have learned so much !

• Like 1

Thank you Jim and Iian in letting me come along on this journey with you!  It was simply marvelous!  Safe travels home and best of luck with your eye surgery.  I will be looking forward to your next adventure!  In the meantime we will be on Equinox in 35 days!  
Bonnie

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hi Jim

Best wishes with your upcoming surgery.  Thank you very much for sharing your amazing journey with us!  Thanks to you, I added new places to visit on my bucket list.  Wishing you and Iain a safe trip back home and I hope DH/I can meet you on a cruise someday!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

It appeared it wasn't an easy process for all.   When Iain returned to the ship at noon- he said they were still processing passengers.  

Our process was really easy and just flashed passports.... In and out in 30 seconds.

yep, when we did a TA immigrations in Miami wanted to clear crew first and also didn’t come in on time!