B2B. Do I need to notify anyone?

Married90

We booked  B2 B cruises on the Eclipse Aug 28 and Sept 4.   We couldn't get the same room but found a room on the same floor near by for the second cruise.   How does X know we are doing B2B?   Do I need to do anything in advance to make sure they know?  I have attempted to "tie" the two reservations together on the website but it won't let me.  I have had to fill out all the "pre boarding" info twice (once for each cruise) including selecting check in times.  My hope at the end of cruise 1 is to just move my luggage across the hall in the morning and head out for the day Sightseeing in Vancouver not taking all my luggage through customs, getting a new covid test and getting back in line again.   

Bottom line X's website and customer service on the phone so far have not impressed me so I am hesitant to believe the systems are smart enough to figure things out...

They will know and you should get a $100 obc . You will also be given notice of the procedure for change over day. You will leave your hanging clothes and pack the rest and the room attendant will move for you. 

When you board tell your cabin attendant that you are doing a B2B 

Just now, gold1953 said:

They will know and you should get a $100 obc . You will also be given notice of the procedure for change over day. You will leave your hanging clothes and pack the rest and the room attendant will move for you. 

I haven’t gotten a $100 OBC and have done over a dozen B2B.  We do get some $ off the fare but nothing significant.

You should call and ask them to apply the back to back discount.  It's $50.00 per cruise for shorter cruises, and $100.00 per cruise for longer.  This is NOT an on-board credit, it's a discount off the price.  The code is usually YDR7 for the $100.00 discount, and YDR6 for the $50.00, Although I've also so the code as TZF8 for the $100.00 lately. 

As far as the mechanics of the move:  Continue to watch your cruises (do mock bookings), looking for either of your rooms to open up for the other sailing; or for a room in your exact category (e.g. not just a veranda, but an 2A veranda).  If you see it you can call and get the same room for both sailings.  Otherwise, on turn-around day, you just pack your luggage, and leave things on hangers.  Your attendant/s will move everything to the new cabin.  Usually the day before turn-around all B2B cruisers will have a meeting where you'll be issued your Sea Pass cards for the next sailing, and provided wiht details of the turn-around day processes. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv
  • Like 1

Celebrity offers a small discount on B2B cruises.  Make sure either your travel agent or you (if you booked directly with Celebrity) have applied that discount.  If you booked directly with Celebrity you may need to call to have that discount applied.

Your stateroom attendant or attendants will move your belongings.  You will be responsible for the contents of your in-room safe.  Covid testing for B2B passengers is done on the ship at Celebrity's cost.  You will receive a "transit" pass which allows you to by-pass the lines in the cruise terminal.

A few days before the turnaround day you will also receive a succinct instruction letter outlining the process.  The letter will include the transit pass.  Also, as a B2B passenger you will be invited to the Concierge Class embarkation luncheon should you opt to remain onboard on turnaround day.

Tell your stateroom attendant that you are doing a B2B and they will work with the stateroom attendant to move your belongs.  You do not have to pack any of your hanging items, they move those on the hangers.  Just pack up the things in drawers, the safe and your toiletries.  

Each cruise is treated as a totally separate event so if you have any OBC it will not carry over from one cruise to the next. 

You will receive a invitation to attend a meeting for all B2B guests where they will explain the procedures. 
I always stop at Guest Services during the 1st cruise just to check to make sure my name is on the B2B list.

1 minute ago, omeinv said:

Usually the day before turn-around all B2B cruisers will have a meeting where you'll be issued your Sea Pass cards for the next sailing, and provided wiht details of the turn-around day processes.

You'll actually receive your new SeaPass cards on the day of the 2nd sailing.  Timing depends on if you want to wait with the other B2Bers, or leave early with the transit pass.

11 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

I don’t think you are correct about that OBC. Celebrity gives $100 off the price of the cruise for back to back, but that isn’t OBC and it  has to be done when you make the booking.

I've done many B2Bs with Celebrity, but all were booked with a TA who just linked the reservations together and got me the B2B discounts for each cruise.  I've never had to check in for the second leg.

Once you are on board, verify with Celebrity that you are a B2B cruiser and you will receive instructions on what to do on turnaround day.  No, you do not need to take your luggage off the ship.  Your cabin attendant will handle the move for you. 

Yes call to make sure you got the B2B discount.  I can be applied at any time.  They may give you some grief since it's after final payment however they should still be able to refund the amount to your original form of payment.  If they still complain you could always offer to take it as OBC as that might be easier for them.   Just don't let them not give it to you in some form.   Here is their flyer on the subject.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_Back_to_Back_Offer_Flyer.pdf

19 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes call to make sure you got the B2B discount.  I can be applied at any time.  They may give you some grief since it's after final payment however they should still be able to refund the amount to your original form of payment.  If they still complain you could always offer to take it as OBC as that might be easier for them.   Just don't let them not give it to you in some form.   Here is their flyer on the subject.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_Back_to_Back_Offer_Flyer.pdf

I am told that because the cruises were booked at "group" rates the B2B discount does not apply....

53 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Celebrity offers a small discount on B2B cruises.  Make sure either your travel agent or you (if you booked directly with Celebrity) have applied that discount.  If you booked directly with Celebrity you may need to call to have that discount applied.

Your stateroom attendant or attendants will move your belongings.  You will be responsible for the contents of your in-room safe.  Covid testing for B2B passengers is done on the ship at Celebrity's cost.  You will receive a "transit" pass which allows you to by-pass the lines in the cruise terminal.

A few days before the turnaround day you will also receive a succinct instruction letter outlining the process.  The letter will include the transit pass.  Also, as a B2B passenger you will be invited to the Concierge Class embarkation luncheon should you opt to remain onboard on turnaround day.

Unfortunately I booked under group rates and am told the B2B discount does not apply. 

54 minutes ago, omeinv said:

You should call and ask them to apply the back to back discount.  It's $50.00 per cruise for shorter cruises, and $100.00 per cruise for longer.  This is NOT an on-board credit, it's a discount off the price.  The code is usually YDR7 for the $100.00 discount, and YDR6 for the $50.00, Although I've also so the code as TZF8 for the $100.00 lately. 

As far as the mechanics of the move:  Continue to watch your cruises (do mock bookings), looking for either of your rooms to open up for the other sailing; or for a room in your exact category (e.g. not just a veranda, but an 2A veranda).  If you see it you can call and get the same room for both sailings.  Otherwise, on turn-around day, you just pack your luggage, and leave things on hangers.  Your attendant/s will move everything to the new cabin.  Usually the day before turn-around all B2B cruisers will have a meeting where you'll be issued your Sea Pass cards for the next sailing, and provided wiht details of the turn-around day processes. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Unfortunately I booked under group rates and am told the B2B discount does not apply. 

22 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I can be applied at any time. 

Always consult the fine print.... 

"Offer is capacity controlled, availability varies by sailing, and eligible staterooms may sell out. "

Edited by jwlane

It depends on the agreement that was made by the group and Celebrity. There are group rates that do not allow back-to-back pricing. There are group rates that do not allow shareholder benefits. There are group rates that do not include beverage packages. All kinds of possibilities

2 hours ago, Married90 said:

We booked  B2 B cruises on the Eclipse Aug 28 and Sept 4.   We couldn't get the same room but found a room on the same floor near by for the second cruise.     My hope at the end of cruise 1 is to just move my luggage across the hall in the morning and head out for the day Sightseeing in Vancouver not taking all my luggage through customs, getting a new covid test and getting back in line again.   

Bottom line X's website and customer service on the phone so far have not impressed me so I am hesitant to believe the systems are smart enough to figure things out...

Switching staterooms, I would give the stateroom attendant a heads up on the first leg when you first meet him/her. The stateroom attendant will remove all your clothes hanging in the closet. Your responsibility is to pack every thing else up and have it all ready for the losing or gaining stateroom attendant to move it to your new Stateroom. We always have the same stateroom for both legs and the stateroom attendants always knows we are consecutive cruisers. 

Cruise lines don't sell B2B cruises. You purchase two different cruises. Not a biggie filling out the pre-boarding info, again. Select any time for check in as it's not required for the second leg. I always print the Express pass for each leg. I've never needed the second one. You or the Celerity agent or your TA can't link them as far as the Express passes. I wish it was set up that way. You are consider consecutive cruisers and our experiences is the ships staff knows that by your reservation numbers. We have never gone to GS while on the ship and pointed that out to them that we are B2B'ers. We've never been kicked off the ship at the end of the first leg. 

If you have any NRD OBC spend it or you will lose it. Refundable OBC doesn't carry over either. It will be credited back yo your credit card on file.  Nothing carries over from the first leg to the second leg. Your onboard account account will be closed at the end of the first leg. 

Bottom line is you will receive a detailed letter in your stateroom a day or two prior to TAD on the entire TAD process. All of our B2B cruise have gone seamlessly. Enjoy. 🍻

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

When you board tell your cabin attendant that you are doing a B2B 

I haven’t gotten a $100 OBC and have done over a dozen B2B.  We do get some $ off the fare but nothing significant.

you have to ask for it.  Why they don't automatically do it I don't know, but we have never had an issue getting it when asking.  If you booked a TA, have them do it.  If not you need to contact Celebrity.

Ok, so I called X.  The regular agent could not help me because the reservations were group reservations.   Transferred me to groups.   The agent there made sure the reservations were tagged for B2B.  As far as the B2B discount she said there isn’t anything they can do because they are group rates with special provisions .  If the B2B was to apply the TA must do it and they already told me it wouldn’t apply.  At least I know it is flagged as B2B with different rooms…

13 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

you have to ask for it.  Why they don't automatically do it I don't know, but we have never had an issue getting it when asking.  If you booked a TA, have them do it.  If not you need to contact Celebrity.

I booked a B2B last night and we refused the $100 as the cruise was on a discount sale