FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT EXTENSION??

tabprincess

Has anyone had any luck getting Princess to extend the expiration date on their FCC?  I tried today and they said absolutely not, they NEVER extend it.  I tried searching the boards because I could swear someone had talked about getting an extension, but I couldn't find anything.  I am booking a cruise today, but would still have a $470 balance left on the FCC's for both my husband and myself and I'd really like to not waste that leftover.  So if anyone has had any luck, please let me know how you did it, what number you called, etc.  If no success, then I guess I'll just book a better stateroom category so as not to lose the money.  (In my mind, still losing it as I wouldn't have booked the better cabin, but oh well!)

Sorry if this is a repetitive question, I did try searching???

1 hour ago, tabprincess said:

Has anyone had any luck getting Princess to extend the expiration date on their FCC?  I tried today and they said absolutely not, they NEVER extend it.  I tried searching the boards because I could swear someone had talked about getting an extension, but I couldn't find anything.  I am booking a cruise today, but would still have a $470 balance left on the FCC's for both my husband and myself and I'd really like to not waste that leftover.  So if anyone has had any luck, please let me know how you did it, what number you called, etc.  If no success, then I guess I'll just book a better stateroom category so as not to lose the money.  (In my mind, still losing it as I wouldn't have booked the better cabin, but oh well!)

Do you have a CVP at Princess?  If so, check with them and see if is possible?

36 minutes ago, tabprincess said:

I did a chat with Princess and it can't be used for anything other than cruise fare.  It will NOT be refunded at expiration date.

That’s too bad.   I am sorry 

3 hours ago, tabprincess said:

Oh well, I guess I'll either get the Plus package or a better stateroom then to use the funds up.  It's a vacation, so I don't want to stress too much!

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Actually Future Cruise Credits can be used for a few things, this is from the Princess website:

https://www.princess.com/plan/fcc-onboard-cruise-credits/

image.thumb.png.5660e6f1f99c3826523c0af5ca12b487.png

• Like 2

I used my FCC for transfers, EZ Air flights, PVP - insurance, upgrade to plus package & upgrade cabin.

I had expiry of Sept 30/23 for most of my FCC, except for $375 FCC which had to be used by December 31/22.

• Like 1

We have a FCC that expires the end of this year.  We had a cruise booked that left on 12-27 for 10 days.  However, after Southwest recently released their flights for that time period, cruising over the holidays just isn't going to work for us.  We called and the rep told us that Princess is extending the expiration date on FCC's for 3 months, but we needed to send an email requesting that.  It's been 10 days so far, and haven't received any reply.  We haven't cancelled the 12-27 cruise yet, we have booked a cruise for 1-8, but final payment will be approaching soon for the December cruise.  I'm not sure what we'll do if the FCC isn't extended.  I hate to lose it, but not as much as I'd hate those flights we'd have to take, lol. 

I posted about this last week so there is another thread out there.  I had a bunch of FCCs from 2020 which expired in early 2021 before Australia restarted cruising.  Princess extended them to Jan 2022. I applied them to a Jan 2022 cruise.  Cruising hadn’t restarted by then, so they extended them again, to Jan 2023 and moved me to a Jan 2023 cruise.   Earlier this year I got permission to take long service leave for the second half of 2023 and wanted to swap to a July 2023 cruise.  Princess extended all the FCCs to July 2023, and even found a way to move my final remaining future cruise deposit (which had expired in Sept 2021 while sitting against the Jan 2022 cruise) to the July 2023 cruise.  So, it CAN be done.  But it may be that the fact cruising didn’t restart in Australia til recently (and we were locked in until the end of 2021 and couldn’t travel elsewhere) helped.

Edited by trinitygirl
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, tabprincess said:

I did a chat with Princess and it can't be used for anything other than cruise fare.  It will NOT be refunded at expiration date.

Cruise fare but that can  include Princess Plus or Premiere. Make sure you are maxed out there, no sense paying out of picket for things you don’t need to. , 

9 hours ago, Mike&Nancy said:

We have a FCC that expires the end of this year.  We had a cruise booked that left on 12-27 for 10 days.  However, after Southwest recently released their flights for that time period, cruising over the holidays just isn't going to work for us.  We called and the rep told us that Princess is extending the expiration date on FCC's for 3 months, but we needed to send an email requesting that.  It's been 10 days so far, and haven't received any reply.  We haven't cancelled the 12-27 cruise yet, we have booked a cruise for 1-8, but final payment will be approaching soon for the December cruise.  I'm not sure what we'll do if the FCC isn't extended.  I hate to lose it, but not as much as I'd hate those flights we'd have to take, lol. 

Email whom?  customerrelations@princesscruises.com

8 minutes ago, Mike&Nancy said:

That's the one.

If you do send it again…put URGENT final payment due……….(date)

Because they too work by travel date.

If you have a CVP  or TA they may be able to help.

I’ve not had much success with them unless it’s an urgent travel date.

Good luck to you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

If you do send it again…put URGENT final payment due……….(date)

Because they too work by travel date.

If you have a CVP  or TA they may be able to help.

I’ve not had much success with them unless it’s an urgent travel date.

Good luck to you.

Thank you!  That's so helpful to know, and we'll definitely try that.

Nancy

On 8/3/2022 at 2:12 PM, Mary229 said:

Ask them if you can use it for OBC, shore excursions or the like.  HAL has been allowing that with their most recent cancellations in Alaska.   Better than nothing🤷🏻‍♀️

Princess several weeks ago eased the restrictions on how FCC could be used. Now includes sharing with others in your cabin, EZ Air, port fees and taxes. I suspect Shore excursions and Plus/Premium packages may be included. The aim was to make it easier for guests to use their FCC. Originally, FCC could only be used for Cruise Fare..

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 2:45 PM, tabprincess said:

ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE. See posts 13 and 14. 13 shows a Princess Notice detailing how FCC can be used. 14 shows how another passenger was able to spend his. cashValue FCC will be refunded. Goodwill FCC is "use or lose."

On 8/3/2022 at 2:44 PM, tabprincess said:

I called several times and wrote a snail mail letter.  Finally one more call, again elaborating that we needed just a 28 day extension to use our last remaining $766 for our 50th anniversary cruise.  It wasn't easy, but they finally accommodated us.  I was frustrated and disappointed that it was such a hassle for 28 days, but we're all set now.  

That cruise, 3.2.23 Caribbean Princess Panama Canal will likely be our last cruise for lots of reasons (none directly related to that hassle.)  

• Like 3

I was interested in a March 2023 Cruise so my CVP extended the cash value FCC to book by / use by May 2023 then reorganized my FCC so that I used up Goodwill by FCC this year. Put that cash value FCC on the March 2023 cruise (which was canceled by Princess but still using up 4/2023)

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1