Possible Covid Protocols Change

helen haywood

I didn't see anything in the celebrity link discussing the changes that RCL is announcing on August 14th? I haven't been following celebrity as closely as I would like. Have they stayed in step with the RCL changes as protocols have evolved?

There was a blurb put out yesterday about changes to protocols for short cruises departing August 8th and the Celebrity site seems to mirror those, but just today RCL added August 14th as a date when additional protocol changes will be made. 

image.png.9e582dd0c470f8cf7d771d76f447270a.png

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Thanks for the link!  I was just surprised to not see any threads talking about the current or possible upcoming changes…

There were several threads when this was first announced if you do a search.  Both on the RCCL board and the Celebrity board.

• Like 1

So it's now back to taking the Covid test 3 days prior to sailing??    It was just 2 days not very long ago.

If it is now 3 days, we are departing on Aug 13 and want to take the antigen tests on August 10.  For 3 days prior to sailing, this is correct (datewise), right?   

4 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

So it's now back to taking the Covid test 3 days prior to sailing??    It was just 2 days not very long ago.

If it is now 3 days, we are departing on Aug 13 and want to take the antigen tests on August 10.  For 3 days prior to sailing, this is correct (datewise), right?   

It's been 2 days for a long time. But....

Celebrity has not announced these changes yet.

Celebrity guidelines do not always match Royal Caribbean. 

Port guidelines still supersede anything else. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It's been 2 days for a long time. But....

Celebrity has not announced these changes yet.

Celebrity guidelines do not always match Royal Caribbean. 

Port guidelines still supersede anything else. 

I think this thread is about changes subsequent to 8/8.

However it does appear that the testing requirements for longer cruises has changed from 2-3 days with the 8/8 changes.   This text is on the US departures web page now.   Could be different for other countries.

Testing Requirements

Vaccinated Guests

For all sailings 5 nights or less, no testing is required.

For all sailings 6 nights or longer, vaccinated guests must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised and negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to sailing. Antibody tests are not accepted.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

We just received an email from Celebrity yesterday that says:

A new world is waiting as destinations begin to adjust to relaxed COVID-19 protocols and we are working to make it easier to explore on a cruise with some new protocols of our own.

Our intention is to work in phases, ensuring the health and safety of our guests and crew remain at the forefront of every decision we make.

As a first step, beginning August 8, 2022, vaccinated guests on U.S. departures that are 5 nights or less will no longer need to test to sail with us.

For all U.S. sailings 6 nights or longer, that do NOT visit Canada or Bermuda, both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests will need to present a digital or physical copy of a supervised and negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to sailing.

At this time, our vaccination requirements remain in place.

1 minute ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I just saw this on Celebrity's website. Will make it easier for a lot of people, including us, since we are going to Ft Lauderdale 3 days before our cruise.  Now we can test at home if still a requirement.

I'm hoping they soon announce the same for cruises departing from Europe.  I board on Oct 24 in Rome, I will be in Rome 3 days before to ensure, a.) I can deal with potential flight issues and b.) have an appt. at a farmacia near the hotel to get my COVID test and of course I have 2 Emed tests just in case.  🤞

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I'm hoping they soon announce the same for cruises departing from Europe. 

Since there are only 3 EU countries that still require a pre-test I suspect that the August 14th date could very well provide reduced protocols for your cruise.

In case anyone is wondering, Spain, Netherlands, and Luxemburg are the only three EU countries left with ANY covid protocols.

The following EU countries have no pre testing, no vaccine, no booster, no quarantine.

image.png.4fa58f0d45eff2873098b4076e769b09.png 

With the improvement of the overall COVID-19 situation as well as with the increase in vaccination rates, almost all European Union/European Economic Area countries decided to drop all of their entry rules and permit restriction-free entry for all travellers.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-covid-travel-restrictions-are-there-any-left/

We have a TA in October and as things stand it will require 4 tests

#1 to board the plane to Spain, to be taken on 10/8

#2 to board the ship to be taken on 10/10 or 11

#3 Ponta Delgado requires a test within 24 hrs of arrival

#4 Bermuda requires a test for entry

Tests 3 and 4 will have to be done on board.

Fingers crossed that some of these test requirements will be dropped by October.

• Like 1

Our ship sails out of Vancouver to Alaska on 8/21.  All these notices say except Canada and Bermuda.  I wish Canada would remove testing but I am not holding my breath.

But good news for cruise industry as they start to relax testing

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

#1 to board the plane to Spain, to be taken on 10/8

You might want to double-check this.  It looks like maybe Spain only requires a test if you aren't "fully vaccinated".  Two shots and a booster seems to pass the test.  See:  https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements#if-youre-fully-vaccinated

The requirements would be the same for US travelers I believe.

• Like 1

The US Embassy in Spain provides the same info

U.S. citizens can travel from the United States to Spain if they show that they are vaccinated  against COVID-19, or have a recovery certificate , or show a negative diagnostic test result  (NAAT or RAT) performed either within 72hours prior to departure to Spain for a NAAT (e.g. – PCR test) or within 24 hours prior to departure to Spain for a RAT (e.g. – rapid antigen test).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gardenbunny said:

Our ship sails out of Vancouver to Alaska on 8/21.  All these notices say except Canada and Bermuda.  I wish Canada would remove testing but I am not holding my breath.

But good news for cruise industry as they start to relax testing

And remember to download and complete the ArriveCan app in order to enter the country.

Edited by edgee

Oh yes, already done that!  But I do need to read again…if I read it correctly first I think it requires to check in on App before flight to Canada.  And if you spend the night and then board a ship next day, you have to check in again?

Consistancy would be nice for all these hoops we have to jump through. LOL

We started traveling in Feb 2021 to Maui and began all the testing and apps and paperwork, etc.  I think we have done just about all of them…we are adding for this trip on 8/21 a Certificate of Recovery as we finally got Covid after our last cruise on RCI…but not sure if from cruise or the plane ride home!!

Covid was mild for us - have had worse colds in the past than these Covid symptoms for 3 days.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jgmorgan said:

You might want to double-check this.  It looks like maybe Spain only requires a test if you aren't "fully vaccinated".  Two shots and a booster seems to pass the test.  See:  https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements#if-youre-fully-vaccinated

The requirements would be the same for US travelers I believe.

1 hour ago, barbette165 said:

The US Embassy in Spain provides the same info

U.S. citizens can travel from the United States to Spain if they show that they are vaccinated  against COVID-19, or have a recovery certificate , or show a negative diagnostic test result  (NAAT or RAT) performed either within 72hours prior to departure to Spain for a NAAT (e.g. – PCR test) or within 24 hours prior to departure to Spain for a RAT (e.g. – rapid antigen test).

Thanks for the info.  I thought the neighbors who had to test were vaccinated, maybe not.